Banjo-Kazooie and Conker games

Kaptain K. Rool

Koopa Troopa
If Rare did not move, do you think there will be more Banjo-Kazooie and Conker games? You decide your opinion. Why do you think Rare discontinued the Conker series? Too much violence and not enough popularity? This is the discussion about Banjo-Kazooie and Conker games. Anything about them may go here XD.

I decide my opinion....

Honestly, I don't think it was selling well after the console jump. Xbox 360 has completely different demographics from the Nintendo consoles.

Really? I thought there should be a rated E Conker game called Conker Kart Racing released in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Your opinion Knife?

Well, the Banjo-Kazooie series would be much better if Rare wasn't sold.

Ornithologist Mario said:

Why? Rare owns the B-K series themselves. Because Microsoft doesn't allow them?

The Banjo-Kazooie games were good when Rare was part of Nintendo.

They screwed up Banjo's and Kazooie's appearance in Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

I was surprised that the Conker games were mature when I first downloaded it for the N64 Program I downloaded, because Conker made his debut in Diddy Kong Racing.

Also, I agree with Nuts & Bolts messing up the looks of characters. Humba Wumba isn't even recognizable, and Kazooie literally looks like a hooker. Not to mention the storyline is messed up; Banjo and Gruntilda fight three times, and the "Lord of Games" gets pissed? What about Mario and Bowser, who have duked it out countless times? Sure, Mario technically doesn't exist in the Banjo world, but still.

Also, don't let that mislead you to believe I played Nuts & Bolts. I only read up on it on wikis.

You mean Nintendo sold Rare to Microsoft? I thought that Rare had left Nintendo to work for Microsoft, who was offering more money.

Well, I heard that Microsoft bought Rare, which is equivalent to Nintendo selling it.

Maybe I misheard it.

Nah, I was the one who probably misheard, because it was just a little side thing I heard when looking up info about Starfox Adventures*(not cheats, mind you).

*Starfox Adventures was released by Rare the day before they left Nintendo.

Along with the Conker series and probably the DK series. Rare made the best DK games.

I don't care if there's new Conker or Banjo games because I won't be able to play them since I don't have any Xbox system.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Along with the Conker series and probably the DK series. Rare made the best DK games.
I don't think Rare owns the Donkey Kong crew, because DK, Diddy, and even the kongs from Donkey Kong Country all re-appeared in Nintendo games, and Rare apparently has nothing to do with Nintendo now. I mean, I don't see why they'd let Nintendo use the kongs for sports games and stuff but not let them use Conker and Banjo for DKRacingDS.

PieGuy said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
I don't think Rare owns the Donkey Kong crew, because DK, Diddy, and even the kongs from Donkey Kong Country all re-appeared in Nintendo games, and Rare apparently has nothing to do with Nintendo now. I mean, I don't see why they'd let Nintendo use the kongs for sports games and stuff but not let them use Conker and Banjo for DKRacingDS.
No they don't own any DK characters probably because they didn't create the series in the first place.

What does bug me is why Diddy Kong Racing got remade in the first place. I mean, all the characters in that game (except for Diddy and Krunch) are Rare's property, but I guess that's because the DS is a hand-held, instead of an actual home console.

No, I think some characters became Nintendo property, like some part of a compromise. You noticed how Tiny got changed, how Conker and Banjo got removed, etc.?

Fawfulfury65 said:

I don't care if there's new Conker or Banjo games because I won't be able to play them since I don't have any Xbox system.

Count that for me too Fawfulfury65. I am sure that there will be a Banjo-Kazooie game for the DS as many people rumored in 2008-2009.

Nah, it's more likely the Banjo-Kazooie game for the 3DS than the DS

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Nah, it's more likely the Banjo-Kazooie game for the 3DS than the DS

Will there really be a B-K game for the 3DS? I don't think Rare makes games for Nintendo systems anymore...

I hope so. Same thing with Donkey Kong 64.

Microsoft doesn't have a handheld system so Rare can release handheld games on Nintendo systems for some reason. That's how they got away with the GBA DKC remakes and DKRDS.

I played through aboot half of CBFD but never got around to finishing it.

I played up to the Sunflower but couldn't get the last group of bees.

Back