Banjo-Kazooie and Conker games

Fawfulfury65 said:
Microsoft doesn't have a handheld system so Rare can release handheld games on Nintendo systems for some reason. That's how they got away with the GBA DKC remakes and DKRDS.

What do you mean they got away? They snuck out of Microsoft and helped Nintendo?

I think the user was saying metaphorically.

I mean that's how they were able to make the GBA DKC remakes and DKRDS. Microsoft was not working in the handheld game market.

Then why not a Donkey Kong 64 3DS? Like they are making N64 ports of N64 games. E.g. Star Fox 64, Ocarina of Time, etc.

Kaptain K. Rool said:
Then why not a Donkey Kong 64 3DS? Like they are making N64 ports of N64 games. E.g. Star Fox 64, Ocarina of Time, etc.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a Donkey Kong 64 remake on the 3DS

The Magic School Bus said:
Kaptain K. Rool said:

Yeah, I'm hoping for a Donkey Kong 64 remake on the 3DS
E3 is in a few days. Maybe they will announce something.... I want this game remade on 3DS more than any other game out there.

I would love to pick up and play Donkey Kong 64. And I would like a Banjo-Kazooie on the 3DS as well. I want to try it out.

I hope Banjo-Kazooie Racing? Are you sure there will be a B-K game for the 3ds? As I said that isn't a Microsoft system and Rare works for Microsoft.

But it's a handheld so I think they can.

I don't think they need Rare to remake DK64. Nintendo published the game, so don't they own it?

Fawfulfury65 said:

I don't think they need Rare to remake DK64. Nintendo published the game, so don't they own it?

Yes they do, but they never made DK remakes without Rare when Rare developed it. E.g. Diddy Kong Racing DS, DKC series are pure Rare who developed it...

Kaptain K. Rool said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Yes they do, but they never made DK remakes without Rare when Rare developed it. E.g. Diddy Kong Racing DS, DKC series are pure Rare who developed it...
Rare didn't help them make the Virtual Console remakes (even though the Rare logo is still shown during those games).

Fawfulfury65 said:
Kaptain K. Rool said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Rare didn't help them make the Virtual Console remakes (even though the Rare logo is still shown during those games).

Oh, I thought Rare did. Then why no Diddy Kong Racing or Donkey Kong 64?

If Rare intends on making Banjo games like Nuts and Bolts, they might as well just not make any more. The first two were masterpieces.

There's this rumor, from an anonymous tip-off, about Nintendo negotiating to buy Rare back from Microsoft, mostly because they're interested in getting Banjo-Kazooie back, and supposedly Retro Studios is already in development on a Banjo-Kazooie game, so Nintendo's trying to get the rights settled or something...

http://thumbsupmaster.blogspot.com/2012/07/rumor-nintendo-to-buy-rare.html

Since this is an anonymous source, I don't buy it for a second.

....BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, if it WERE true, I think it'd be awesome. After all, Microsoft is doing NOTHING with Rare, aside from having them help out with their family-friendly games like Kinect Sports and stuff, and I think Nintendo, who originally OWNED Rare, would put Rare to better use. Not to mention, Banjo and Kazooie were really some perfect Nintendo mascots that could have been great for Nintendo if Tim and Chris Stamper didn't sell their 50% share of Rare to Microsoft, forcing Nintendo to sell their 50% share to their competitor (the Stamper brothers, I've heard, have since left Rare, apparently to sit on their huge pile of money made out of the deal).

There are Rare's other franchises like Killer Instinct and Battletoads that Microsoft isn't utilizing at all that might see the light of day if Rare goes back to Nintendo, but again, I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, since this is apparently the first time I posted on this topic, I'll just say that I love Banjo-Kazooie, and Klungo and Mumbo are my favorite characters. I'd also like to play a Conker game sometime, his games look awesome (he has a Game Boy game, a N64 game, and an Xbox remake, none of which I can easily find and play).

Smashgoom202 said:
There's this rumor, from an anonymous tip-off, about Nintendo negotiating to buy Rare back from Microsoft, mostly because they're interested in getting Banjo-Kazooie back, and supposedly Retro Studios is already in development on a Banjo-Kazooie game, so Nintendo's trying to get the rights settled or something...

http://thumbsupmaster.blogspot.com/2012/07/rumor-nintendo-to-buy-rare.html

Since this is an anonymous source, I don't buy it for a second.

....BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, if it WERE true, I think it'd be awesome. After all, Microsoft is doing NOTHING with Rare, aside from having them help out with their family-friendly games like Kinect Sports and stuff, and I think Nintendo, who originally OWNED Rare, would put Rare to better use. Not to mention, Banjo and Kazooie were really some perfect Nintendo mascots that could have been great for Nintendo if Tim and Chris Stamper didn't sell their 50% share of Rare to Microsoft, forcing Nintendo to sell their 50% share to their
I'm gonna stop you right there Nintendo only owned 49% of rare which is why they sold the shares to Microsoft because Microsoft would just veto every game rare tried to bring to Nintendo. Plus even if what you said was true Microsoft would have no power to force Nintendo to sell 50% of the shares in fact in that situation Nintendo would have been much smarter to hold on to the shares and prevent Microsoft from doing anything with it.

Also why would they buy rare when they could just buy the franchises and more importantly why the fuck would Microsoft sell rare? do you really think that Microsoft would allow Nintendo to ?own the Banjo and Conker franchises?

Plunderbird said:
I'm gonna stop you right there Nintendo only owned 49% of rare which is why they sold the shares to Microsoft because Microsoft would just veto every game rare tried to bring to Nintendo. Plus even if what you said was true Microsoft would have no power to force Nintendo to sell 50% of the shares in fact in that situation Nintendo would have been much smarter to hold on to the shares and prevent Microsoft from doing anything with it.
Oops... I guess I got my facts mixed up there, sorry for that. :-[

Plunderbird said:
Also why would they buy rare when they could just buy the franchises and more importantly why the *bleep* would Microsoft sell rare? do you really think that Microsoft would allow Nintendo to ?own the Banjo and Conker franchises?
Well, they aren't DOING anything with those franchises, so...

But then again, Microsoft paid $375 million dollars to buy Rare, so I don't imagine they'd sell it back unless Nintendo is really desperate to get Rare back... It'd be a really big gamble, just to get a couple of franchises back...

Then again, I never had any faith that the source was true to being with.

Smashgoom202 said:
Plunderbird said:
Oops... I guess I got my facts mixed up there, sorry for that. :-[
Disappointed
Plunderbird said:
Also why would they buy rare when they could just buy the franchises and more importantly why the *bleep* would Microsoft sell rare? do you really think that Microsoft would allow Nintendo to ?own the Banjo and Conker franchises?
Well, they aren't DOING anything with those franchises, so...

But then again, Microsoft paid $375 million dollars to buy Rare, so I don't imagine they'd sell it back unless Nintendo is really desperate to get Rare back... It'd be a really big gamble, just to get a couple of franchises back...

Then again, I never had any faith that the source was true to being with.
Think of it like this if Microsoft sells them rare to Nintendo and Nintendo manages to make Banjo Kazooie as popular as mario then Microsoft would have shot themselves in the foot for selling. Where as right now they are able to make sure that Nintendo doesn't make it popular by sitting on it and not doing anything with it.

Yeah, kind of like how Sony intends to make Spider-Man movies just to make sure Disney/Marvel don't get them back and make millions of of "Spider-Man meets the Avengers" or whatever... I guess people would rather not make money then risk the competition making money.

ok guys, lets say i'm microsoft

nintendo comes to me and says "i will buy your banjo for a million dollars"

i sell them my banjo because i'm not using it, and they use it to make 20 million dollars

but i don't care what they did, because i'm still a million dollars richer than i would have been if i had kept it

microsoft has an interest in making money. they have zero interest in preventing nintendo from making money. therefore they will always do what makes them money, regardless of what it'll do to nintendo

mind you, this rumour is still probably bullshit please please please let me be wrong i'll do anything, but not for this reason

Plunderbird said:
Think of it like this if Microsoft sells them rare to Nintendo and Nintendo manages to make Banjo Kazooie as popular as mario then Microsoft would have shot themselves in the foot for selling. Where as right now they are able to make sure that Nintendo doesn't make it popular by sitting on it and not doing anything with it.

we know microsoft is a greedy bastard ..... but are you willing to believe they want to stop a company from making money rather than actually making any money???

see, I'm pretty sure microsoft just doesn't give two shits about banjo and kazooie and they believe fans of the series are just a minority in gaming. to them, it's just more to their child friendly lineup that they don't want to do anything with, specially now that they're so desperately trying to sell that damn kinect (and forcing rare to do games for it too)

they dont realize what a money maker they have on their hands. to them its just another shitty series they own and have to put up with, wanting to probably focus much more on kinect and their hardcore audience (FPS games and such)

Rare where basically kidnapped by Microsoft to stop Nintendo selling well and where forced to stop making games like Banjo-Kazooie and make family friendly games so that they got variety in their library.

NSY said:
Rare where basically kidnapped by Microsoft to stop Nintendo selling well and where forced to stop making games like Banjo-Kazooie and make family friendly games so that they got variety in their library.
That's not at all how it happened the two guys who started it sold their 51% to Microsoft in a perfectly legitimate business deal

It was a stupid unexpected win by Mircosoft who took over the company and ruined the future for the Banjo, Conker and Donkey Kong series. Retro and Pean did repier some of the damage done to the Donkey Kong series though, if Nintendo managed get Rare back it would be the best day of gaming ever.

Back