Banjo-Kazooie and Conker games

Smashgoom202 said:
I just hate the way things turned out BECAUSE of their decision, whatever their reasons were. I mean, after all, why sell to Microsoft? Why not sell to Nintendo, who already owned part of Rare?
Microsoft had a better offer...

i heard nintendo didnt even make an offer

can someone enlighten me as to why that would be a bad thing

idk who activision is

they make call of duty

oh

well thereve been some good cods, right?

I don't play call of duty, so i wouldn't know.

I've heard cod4: modern warfare was really good and mw2-mw3 have been putrid, but my brief experience with mw2 and black ops isn't enough for me to whine about the series.

They apparently don't change anything between games and think russia is still an evil dictatorship tho, so make of that what you will.

I guess the primary worry is that they'd either make a bad game or just make a load of clones of one good game that got steadily worse as time went on.

oh

well in that case, it would be like rare never left nintendo!!

I just want to see a new Banjo-Kazooie game, period. I'm not one of those people who hated Nuts & Bolts, even though I'd prefer a traditional 3D platformer, I just want to see Rare do something with them again.

Magikrazy said:
Since Rare can still make games for Nintendo handhelds

Rare's handheld division was shuttered after releasing Viva Pinata DS. "Well, they can still make handheld games for Nintendo!!" is merely wishful thinking.

Just found this out last night, apparently the original team who made Banjo-Kazooie (or rather Banjo-Tooie) are getting together to create a "spiritual successor" to that game!

http://operationrainfall.com/original-banjo-kazooie-team-are-ready-to-make-spiritual-successor/

This video tests out the engine they'll use, the Unity Game Engine, which had been announced to have Wii U support:

...So, not sure if it's ACTUALLY going to be made for the Wii U or not, nor am I sure it's actually going to be a Banjo-Kazooie game, but seeing as the original team is working on it, and "spiritual successor" USUALLY implies some similarities to the predecessor, I'd say it's worth mentioning.

supermariofan said:
So Rare has finally realized that Microsoft is not their home, it's their hell!! Welcome back guys

completely unrelated, rare knows this but it cant do anything about it

this is about the rare developers that left rare/microsoft years ago when they realized their beloved company was going to shit. theyre creating their own game in the spirit of the original banjo-kazooie, but cant actually make a b-k game because it's rare's rights, and rare is currently busy making more shitty kinect games

Paper Jorge said:
supermariofan said:
So Rare has finally realized that Microsoft is not their home, it's their hell!! Welcome back guys

this is about the rare developers that left rare/microsoft years ago when they realized their beloved company was going to *bleep*. theyre creating their own game in the spirit of the original banjo-kazooie, but cant actually make a b-k game because it's rare's rights, and rare is currently busy making more *bleep*ty kinect games
Well it better be Banjo Kazooie, because I'm not playing a single Rare game on Nintendo until it's true

supermariofan said:
Paper Jorge said:
supermariofan said:

this is about the rare developers that left rare/microsoft years ago when they realized their beloved company was going to *bleep*. theyre creating their own game in the spirit of the original banjo-kazooie, but cant actually make a b-k game because it's rare's rights, and rare is currently busy making more *bleep*ty kinect games
Well it better be Banjo Kazooie, because I'm not playing a single Rare game on Nintendo until it's true

It won't be a Banjo-Kazooie game. Spiritual successor means something that's essentially similar and inspired by a more famous franchise but isn't really a game of that franchise

I remember I cried and cried until I couldn't cry no more the day I heard Microshit bought out Rare. And those tears weren't shead in vain. Rare has done nothing these ten horrible years. My favorite vg company... destroyed. Boy, you don't know bad news like that.

So, um, apparently there was this rumor a while back that former Rare developers were going to make a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie. I'm not sure if THIS is the game they were referring to, but it seems to fit the bill:

http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=28172.0

Back