Mario and Sonic at the London Games

It's official. Bowser doing sychronized swimming is funnier than Bowser figure skating.

Seeing Bowser in the swimming event was probably the most amusing scene I have seen from this game so far (realistically speaking).

And he can breathe fire underwater in Super Paper Mario. Not to mention that the Koopas as a species seem to be water-based, so he'd have at least some finesse with it from that.

MnSG said:
Pinkie Pie said:
He has went in water in numerous games.

True, but I would think that because water puts out fire, Bowser would avoid swimming.
Well, you shouldn't really question Mario logic. Mario can shoot fireballs underwater and Bowser can breath fire underwater in SPM and PM: TTYD.

Pinkie Pie said:
MnSG said:
Pinkie Pie said:
He has went in water in numerous games.

True, but I would think that because water puts out fire, Bowser would avoid swimming.
Well, you shouldn't really question Mario logic. Mario can shoot fireballs underwater and Bowser can breath fire underwater in SPM and PM: TTYD.
Yep, dose it say on the back of a Fire Flower, useable in Water.

Pinkie Pie said:

I guess you have a point there.

Also Bowser must be able to swin to survive since at the end of Superstar Saga he must of fallen into the water after his castle exploded

Save it for the Nintendo logic Mindless Junk topic, guys.

Anyway, the commercial for this is kinda... odd and funny at the same time.

The one in blue is an avid ring collector. And he may suddenly curl up into a ball. Perfectly normal.

Nega-Man said:
Save it for the Nintendo logic Mindless Junk topic, guys.

Anyway, the commercial for this is kinda... odd and funny at the same time.

The one in blue is an avid ring collector. And he may suddenly curl up into a ball. Perfectly normal.

I actually saw both variations of that commercial today.

Currently trying to cobble together info about the game at the mo. So far, I have been able to find out from other sources that;

-Unlocking music tracks costs 2 scratchcards (scratchcards presumably replacing points from Mario and Sonic Winter), with unlockable ones including both original Mario/Sonic tracks and remixes.
-Costumes are back, and cost 10 scratchcards each.
-The Sonic selection includes the playable ten, Emerl, the Babylon Rogues, Egg Pawn, Rouge and Omega. Espio, Charmy and Werehog costumes are apparently gifts given in-game.
-My source wasn't able to certify what all the Mario costumes were specifically (because he was travelling back to England today, he's been living in Holland), but he did say that there were costumes of Bee Mario, Fire Mario and Penguin Mario.
-It's also mentioned that Wenlock is a costume, so I presume Mandeville would also be there.
-While I can't be certain of what character costumes are there, if it follows the Sonic trend of not having the main referee as a costume, then Toad got the shaft yet again. :/

-While I can't be certain of what character costumes are there, if it follows the Sonic trend of not having the main referee as a costume, then Toad got the shaft yet again. :/

I guess both Toad and Cream get shifted aside once again. That is very unfortunate. :(

Seems like Sega is just going to establish these two as the main hosts, and nothing more (and I thought Sega was going to make Toad playable this time around).

Well it appears that according to the wiki the game is out today in North America. Anyone pick it up and play it yet? Personally, I'm going to buy the entire Mario and sonic series when they are cheap enough. Meaning I sadly do not own any of them. I plan on only getting them all on Wii! I'd prefer them better that way!

My sister and I are getting the 3DS version of this game, probably.

Which is out in.... February. :???:

So... I'm surprised that this game was just released. You'd THINK they'd release it closer to the time of the actual Olympics... :/

I didn't even bother to put it on my list, because there are so many other games I want more than this, and I didn't want to waste a possibly good present. Besides, I haven't even played my Winter Olympics game. Isn't that sad?

Back