No RS remakes in Gen V?

Gigaremo

Busy Hypnotising Pokemon
This is about Pokemon, for those of you who hate it, go away.
Alright, I've come across something confusing. Kanto & Hoenn happen simultaneously (since they are both in gen 3.) Same with Johto and Sinnoh. (Gen 4.) So wouldn't B/W have to be at the same time as Kanto & Hoenn for there to be remakes?
But this is not so, mainly because of Cynthia, Caitlin, and that Team Rocket guy in Icirrus proving that it happens far after. This all means that there can't be RS remakes (and FRLG re-remakes) unless Nintendo does something to change the storyline. (This is further backed up by the fact that 3rd gen can migrate to 4th gen, which can migrate to fifth gen, without needing a remake.) However, without further games (unless Grey brings a PLETHORA of ways to get previous generation Pokemon), it will be impossible to capture all 649 Pokemon without migration. However, I don't like taking out mayor Pokemon from 4th gen games because it cripples me in-game, making it hard to win battles, hard to get money, hard to get Pokeballs, hard to catch things to migrate. (Usually I try and complete the National Dex first, before migrating.)
Anyone have anything else to say about this? I was looking forward to the RS remakes, since Emerald was my first game. But it appears there won't be any.

I'm completely sure GameFreak will do something for do the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. They are intelligent! :)

Be patience, Black and White are 2010 games, a 3rd game will come in 2012, and since nothing has been announced past March, I bet RS will come in 2013.

TBH, I would rather have a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game for the 3DS instead of another mainstream.

But, anyway, it won't be too far away until a Ruby/Sapphire remake. However, I'm still content with playing those games. If they introduce some completely new stuff into there, I'll be happy. I think I played Ruby/Sapphire a little bit too recently it feels to enjoy a new one.

They will remake the game. It's Gamefreak! They love remaking stuff.

Of course, they'll remake it. It will attract more sales. Still, I want a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon rather than another main Pokemon game, as stated before. I'm not really into the main Pokemon games anymore.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Of course, they'll remake it. It will attract more sales. Still, I want a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon rather than another main Pokemon game, as stated before. I'm not really into the main Pokemon games anymore.
Nether am I. PMD series had great exploring and A LOT to do in the end.

The only way I will get into Pokemon if they REALLY revolutionize Pokemon.

Considering rse badges were in the coding, much to how gsc badges were in d/p coding, it's a probability.

Although I'd imagine they'll be redesigning a lot of stuff, since most complaints were about how rse was just water and not much else.

Nether am I. PMD series had great exploring and A LOT to do in the end.

It's a dungeon crawler, there has to be exploring lmao. Game series was pretty bleak though even for a dungeon crawler. Easier than main games, even less customization, and the ever so annoying questions at the beginning.

and it honestly feels like the entire pmd franchise was slower than d/p. Which is pretty bad.

If they remake them, they'll spiff them up a bit (i.e. better music, different character designs, etc.). Maybe then my opinion of those games won't be so negative.

As long as they put backwards connection in it I'll buy it. A lot of my favorite Pokémon where in that game. Hopefully Slackoth can be caught early in the game alongside Bagon, Beldum, Trapinch and Glalie.

A remake would be cool, but I heard Gen 3 was the worst so I don't know if I would really want to get it.

I'd rather see a new PMD. I've only played the most recent game, and I find it to be one of the greatest games ever made, especially because of its story.

Fawfulfury65 said:
A remake would be cool, but I heard Gen 3 was the worst so I don't know if I would really want to get it.

3rd it's not the worst. It's the most difficult, so there is people saying that is the worst, but that's not true.
'Difficult' doesn't mean 'the worst'. This happens with SMB: The lost levels.

Chivi-chivik said:
3rd it's not the worst. It's the most difficult, so there is people saying that is the worst, but that's not true.

It wasn't the most difficult. Just annoying.

Like I said before, if they do some nice music remixes and graphics improvements and whatnot, I'll buy. :)

In my opinion, Johto was the worst, not Hoenn. Although I will admit that using dive to locate Team Aqua's hideout in Sapphire was a pain, and replacing the Vs. Seeker with the PokeNav also annoyed me.

Anyway, getting on topic, I'd love some RS remakes. I thought it was more unique.

Nightwatcher said:
In my opinion, Johto was the worst, not Hoenn. Although I will admit that using dive to locate Team Aqua's hideout in Sapphire was a pain, and replacing the Vs. Seeker with the PokeNav also annoyed me.

Anyway, getting on topic, I'd love some RS remakes. I thought it was more unique.
Why?
Honestly I think Gen 4 was the worst.

PokemonMaster said:
Nightwatcher said:

Why?

1. Instead of a Vs. Seeker, you get the PokeGear so other trainers can call you for a rematch. You can't decide when to rebattle trainers, the game decides for you.

2. Johto still uses Team Rocket, and their goal is still the same, use Pokemon for profits. Only difference is Giovanni is missing.

3. Johto's elite four reused Bruno and Lance and added Koga, a gym leader from Kanto. Will and Karen were the only new members.

I feel GameFreak got lazy in terms of characters and the story for Johto. I didn't say Johto was bad, it just pales in comparison to the other regions.

PokemonMaster said:
Nightwatcher said:

Why?
Then why us your avatar Dialga
On Topic: they will and they will probably make it easier

The PokeNav didn't replace the Vs. Seeker. Actually, the PokeNav came first. And I always like the PokeNav more than the Vs. Seeker

Master Koopakid said:
PokemonMaster said:
Nightwatcher said:

Why?
Then why us your avatar Dialga
On Topic: they will and they will probably make it easier

PRIMAL DIALGA. Primal Dialga was from PMD2 and he talks in CAPs all the time.

>>Nightwatcher
The difference is, Gen II is a continuation of Gen I, while Gen III, Gen IV, and Gen V are separated from each other.
You can notice that, because everyone is talking about what happened "3 years ago" (aka, what happened in Gen I), over whole Kanto in Gen II, the other Generations just included some travelers from other regions.

schmutz said:
Chivi-chivik said:

It wasn't the most difficult. Just annoying.

Like I said before, if they do some nice music remixes and graphics improvements and whatnot, I'll buy. :)

Of course they'll do graphic and music remixes! Just see the other remixes (PKMN: FR/LG/HG/SS)
-------------
And what I think is that every region has its good and bad things. So that's why everybody thinks different about each region.

Sure there will. They are confirming a new pokemon game's details on May 22nd and it is probably a RS remake or a sister game to PKMN Black/White. e.g. Pokemon Gray.

Back