No RS remakes in Gen V?

Ornithologist Mario said:
Didn't this happen before?

Didn't what happen before?

A remake of the two games appearing in a more advanced system.

Well, yeah. I meant having the same generation. For example, Gen II: Gold, Silver, and Crystal, all on the GBC. Gen IV: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver, all on the DS.

It wouldn't make sense to split Gen V between the DS and 3DS.

schmutz said:

Well, yeah. I meant having the same generation. For example, Gen II: Gold, Silver, and Crystal, all on the GBC. Gen IV: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver, all on the DS.

It wouldn't make sense to split Gen V between the DS and 3DS.

I thought there was something like Pokemon Red and Blue on the GB, but Yellow on the GBC, but I might be wrong.

Yes, you are wrong.
Yellow still came out on GB, it was Gold and Silver being compatible with GB, and Crystal being a GBC-only game.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D said:
Yes, you are wrong.
Yellow still came out on GB, it was Gold and Silver being compatible with GB, and Crystal being a GBC-only game.

I knew I got it mixed up somewhere. Crystal is the example I was looking for.

So... they can do the remake for 3DS, and then make it compatible with B/W.

I don't think it would be possible, as they would get some conflicts with the PokéShifter, which requires the other system to use DS Download Play, while Gen IV doesn't recognize the CTR (3DS) code, and is only known with NTR (DS) and TWL (DSi).

YamiHoshi.nl said:
I don't think it would be possible, as they would get some conflicts with the PokéShifter, which requires the other system to use DS Download Play, while Gen IV doesn't recognize the CTR (3DS) code, and is only known with NTR (DS) and TWL (DSi).
I think they would put a DS -> 3DS shifting, but they wouldn't put a 3DS -> DS shifting...
But if they find the way (and I trust in Gamefreak and Nintendo) then much better.
And I'm sure GamefreaK will surprise us.

Chivi-chivik said:
YamiHoshi.nl said:
I think they would put a DS -> 3DS shifting, but they wouldn't put a 3DS -> DS shifting...
But if they find the way (and I trust in Gamefreak and Nintendo) then much better.

They can't just change the system to fit the game.
Because of the compatibility problems with each other, they would have to keep the remakes on the DS so people could use the remakes to fill up their B/W Pokedex and vice-versa.

It's not the same situation as with G/S/C. Gold and Silver were compatible with an original GameBoy, but they were meant for the GBC. Hence why they were in color when played on a GBC. But you can't just stick a 3DS game in a DS Lite and expect it to work. Or even fit.

schmutz said:
Chivi-chivik said:
YamiHoshi.nl said:

Because of the compatibility problems with each other, they would have to keep the remakes on the DS so people could use the remakes to fill up their B/W Pokedex and vice-versa.

It's not the same situation as with G/S/C. Gold and Silver were compatible with an original GameBoy, but they were meant for the GBC. Hence why they were in color when played on a GBC. But you can't just stick a 3DS game in a DS Lite and expect it to work. Or even fit.
*facepalm* nobody understands me...
I still keep my opinion.

I don't thing this could be possible ^^;

Slakoth is more possible as a starter in a Mystery Dungeon than in the mainstream games

He's right.

schmutz said:

Yeah, you're right.

In order for B/W to be compatible with the R/S remakes; they will have to put it on the DS.

Peachy said:
schmutz said:

Yeah, you're right.

In order for B/W to be compatible with the R/S remakes; they will have to put it on the DS.
Umm...
http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en
It is.

PokemonMaster said:
Peachy said:
schmutz said:

Yeah, you're right.

Umm...
http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en
It is.
Um, what?

I said the R/S remakes have to be for the DS, idk what that link has to do with what I said.

Because you can also use multiplayer on a 3DS, maybe?

PokemonMaster said:
Read the requirements. It says you need a DS or a 3DS.
Alright, one of us is getting terribly confused. :P

What I meant is I don't think a DS cartridge can contact a 3DS cartridge through Wi-Fi. They are 2 separate systems, B/W on DS, and the R/S remakes (assumed) on the 3DS. So, what I'm saying, is if they make remakes... and the games are for the 3DS, I don't think you'll be able to trade B/W stuff since it's on a DS cartridge, while the R/S would be a 3DS cartridge, so that makes trading impossible unless they make this thing on R/S where you can trade it over like with what Diamond/Pearl did to Ruby/Sapphire with the GBA to DS thing, see what I'm saying? If this doesn't make sense, then I don't know how much more I can explain it... :-\

Don't worry, GameFreak is a very creative company, if it goes on features.
I can expect this: You can transfer Gen V Pokémon to Gen VI through a private FTP server.
Well, who knows?

Back