New stuff you'd like in future Mario rpgs?

Zae

Donkey Kong
Banned User
Didn't really see this within 4 pages, so I assume it doesn't exist. |D

When I say stuff, I mean gameplay, features, locations, new ideas. That kinda stuff.

Personally I'd like to see areas/locations that center around the worlds in Super Mario Land 2. As well the enemies. Always been a big fan of what SML2 presented, would love to see how that'd be done in a new Mario rpg(whether pm3ds or not).

I'm not sure if pm3ds is doing this or not, but powerups in future rpgs. Like lets say you get one, and you have different moves and your stats change too.

For example, wing cap. You can now fly, hitting enemies in air with the hammer and perphaps having moves that buffs your evasion or perhaps flying so fast to enemies it causes confusion.

That kind of stuff.

So anyone up for this? Discuss.

I hate to repeat myself but I'd love to see a Mario RPG centered in Sarasaland or Subcon. A Subcon thing could even be Inception-esque.

As for the powerups, I agree with you. Not much more to say.

Don't care about any future M&L installments but as for the new Paper Mario, I want the good old-fashioned Paper Mario 64 styled graphics. But since that will never happen, I at least want the old Merlon designs. The TTYD and SPM Merlons were hideous.

Herr Shyguy said:
Don't care about any future M&L installments but as for the new Paper Mario, I want the good old-fashioned Paper Mario 64 styled graphics. But since that will never happen, I at least want the old Merlon designs. The TTYD and SPM Merlons were hideous.
They look like they came out of a printer.

PokemonMaster said:
They look like they came out of a printer.

Haha, I get it! It's because they're made of paper! Haha...heh...he...yeah.

I'm going to ignore what I want plot wise, because that's different for everyone(*cough*Shroobs*cough*). The reason I enjoy Mario RPG's over the more traditional RPG's is because they have actions you can do as the battle takes place (Action Commands). Anything that would make the games more fast paced would be nice.

I personally want really innovative partners in a new Paper Mario. I love how Nintendo spiced up the character's moves in the second game without changing most a lot of them. And maybe some way to play as Luigi.

Overall, I'd like the items, badges and audience from TTYD and similar to SMRPG, I want 5 playable characters (Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Luigi, and Toad), with three of them playable at a time in battles. Not sure what I want for story though, I just don't want Peach getting kidnapped for the eleventy-billionth time. I'd like Bowser Jr., the koopalings, King Boo and Petey Piranha to be some of the bosses.

Oh yeah, I also want Bowser to be even a little respectable as a villain. It's shameful what every RPG after Paper Mario has done to the poor guy.

Herr Shyguy said:
Oh yeah, I also want Bowser to be even a little respectable as a villain. It's shameful what every RPG after Paper Mario has done to the poor guy.

Agreed. No more playable Bowser, make him the main villian, or at least a powerful force.

Partially new, but I would like Waluigi, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and Wario.

Scrub Jay said:

Partners In Time?

Yeah, I'd like for the Wario Bros. to appear in an RPG like as secondary antagonists/minor,recurring bosses. Or maybe they could be shopkeepers and sell Mario items at insane prices.

A cameo for DK and Daisy would be nice too. Or maybe a DK RPG.

Herr Shyguy said:
He was hard to respect at times in Paper Mario.
And don't forget SMRPG
2P7Pb.gif

But yeah, after Paper Mario he got... stupider.

Scrub Jay said:

I would really want to see Baby Mario split up from Baby Luigi. You can't do that in Partners in Time. A 4 person team would be kewl. I'm so gonna buy that game.

I want the option of being able to save whenever I want instead of having to find a save block or save album. Being able to save anytime and anywhere is much more convenient.

Like in Pokemon? I agree with you. But I liked Save Books personally

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Like in Pokemon?

Yup.

Oh, and if Heart Blocks return in Paper Mario 3DS, let us use them for free, why do we have to pay for the heart blocks anyway? I understand having to pay for the inns, but what do the heart blocks need money for?

As far as RPG stories go, I doubt this will ever happen, but I'd like for a new RPG villain to be introduced and resurrect the previous RPG villains (Smithy, Cackletta, The Shadow Queen, The Shroobs, Fawful and Dimentio).

I hope they have a dark storyline with an RPG. Even darker than TTYD's now THAT would be interesting. And bring some characters who are barely seen in the Mario series. (Toadette, Rosalina, Birdo, DK, Diddy, Dixie etc...)

Diddy_is_the_monkey said:
And bring some characters who are barely seen in the Mario series. (Toadette, Rosalina, Birdo, DK, Diddy, Dixie etc...)
Now I hope to see a jungle area in PM3DS with all the Kongs in it.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Now I hope to see a jungle area in PM3DS with all the Kongs in it.
That would actually be pretty cool.

I would like Baby Luigi to make an appearance in Paper Mario series. I even made Paper Mario-styled Baby Luigi sprites for the heck of it.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
I would like Baby Luigi to make an appearance in Paper Mario series.
Same here, a crossover between Paper Mario and Yoshi's Island would be cool.

Anyway, if the devleopers bring back the audience members, then get rid of the useless audience members (i.e. Dry Bones, they don't replenish your star power and all they can do is throw bones at you). Plus, I want Mr. L to become a recurring character in all future Paper Marios but as a seperate character from Luigi, like maybe a physical split personality.

I would like you yourself to inflict status conditions in the Mario & Luigi games, plus maybe exceeding level 100. I would also to refight bosses in their regular form, unlike Bowser's Inside Story, where they are harder. Grinding to level 100 doesn't need to be changed, though. It's relatively easy to do so.

As in Paper Mario, they should make new partners instead of having just Goombas, Koopas, Bob-ombs, etc for new varieties and strategies in battling. Paper Mario 3DS seems to be going in that direction.

Back