Why Peach?

Leonyx

Glory to the Shroob Empire! Long live the Shroobs!
Alright, it seems my last thread was a flop, so I'm trying it again with a more broad question.

If you're reading this, you must have played some game where Bowser kidnaps Peach. It has become so much of a staple in the series that it's more of a surprise when Bowser kidnaps someone else. My question to you is: why? What in the world does Bowser see in Peach to make him keep trying after all these years?

Now, some have speculated that Bowser is in love with Peach, and he just can't let her go. I don't really like that idea because for the most part, Bowser hasn't treated the princess with the respect you expect from a lover, and other than convincing Bowser Jr. that Peach was his mother and their fake marriage in Super Paper Mario, there's not much evidence to suggest that. I think that Bowser realizes the princess is very important to the universe they reside in. Really, I see Bowser as more of a power hungry dictator, and he kidnaps Peach in order to use her hidden powers to be even more powerful.

Think about it, how many hidden talents has Peach shown throughout the series's history? Bowser can see this and keeps trying to tap into that power.

Bowser kidnaps Peach because something has to drive the plot in these games and it might as well be something we're used to.

Dr. John Victor Doomlittle said:
The reason Bowser is always kidnapping Peach is because he's wants to marry her and become king of the Mushroom Kingdom, thereby increasing his empire.

He has an obsession and needs help.
Also what Shyguy said.
Finally, as an example, Mario rescues Daisy instead of Peach once and a monster is born. "HI, I'M DAISY" :mad:
See? Messes everything up.

schmutz said:
Mario rescues Daisy instead of Peach once and a monster is born. "HI, I'M DAISY"
Yeah I hate that everyone on the internet blows that completely out of proportions too. That is what you meant right?

schmutz said:
Finally, as an example, Mario rescues Daisy instead of Peach once and a monster is born. "HI, I'M DAISY" :mad:
See? Messes everything up.

Pauline was Mario's first damsel-in-distress, so by that logic, what the hell does that make Peach?

Leonyx said:
(...) and other than convincing Bowser Jr. that Peach was his mother and their fake marriage in Super Paper Mario, there's not much evidence to suggest that. (...)

Ever played the whole Paper Mario series? It's all over the place there, especially in the first.

Anyway, if you want to go into Bowser's masterplan, it's something along the lines of this:

Initial condition: Saturday evening, nothing to do, no good shows on TV, Bowser is bored.

Step 1: Steal/destroy random plot trinket of the game (optional)

Step 2: Kidnap princess to initiate step 3

Step 3: ? ? ?

Step 4: Profit

Step 5: Mario arrives and takes both profit and the princess.

Repeat

I must say, this wouldn't look too out of the place as a poster on his wall...

arsenicCatnip said:
Leonyx said:
(...) and other than convincing Bowser Jr. that Peach was his mother and their fake marriage in Super Paper Mario, there's not much evidence to suggest that. (...)

Ever played the whole Paper Mario series? It's all over the place there, especially in the first.

Hehe, totally forgot about the hints in the first one. You got me there. It could be viable. Still leaning towards power-hungry Bowser though.

I really think Bowser should expand his scope rather than kidnapping Peach in the games. It's becoming quite stale and old now.

well....... I think your thoughts are too arbitrary

I already told in remarriages of father, where Bowser's "love" to Peach isn't recurring

and it hasn't been known by Bowser Jr. yet

I bet you know that hostages gangsters kidnap hostages to ask for ransom

Bowser is the leader of troop, and Princess Peach's best ransom is her regime

if his outrage is totally for love, I thought he was already influence by Mario just as DK

Although you seem to know now more about PM, it's clearly implied that Bowser is in a crazy love with Peach.
I never played PM in english, but clearly in his diary says that he wants to know if Peach likes him, which leads to a corny but crazy love.
Also, Bowser being in love with Peach is one of the many other things that are implied but not said
One of them is, that clearly Mario is Peach's boyfriend, but it is never said in the games, or at least the games I've played
Not to mention they never share a kiss, but it's such a minor and Disney fact
BTW, talking about Peach, Twink is a dude or a girl?
I really don't know it D:

In some games Bowser admits his love for Peach, but some he just acts all evil, wanting to capture the princess and take over the kingdom, and some are both. I personally don't mind the fact that Peach gets captured all the time, as long as the game is fun. I might want someone else besides Bowser to do that, but with me, I don't care to much. Bowser doesn't always capture Peach anyway. We've seen them working together, Bowser trying to rescue her, and many other Sub-Villains capturing her.

DyegoHalliwell said:
Although you seem to know now more about PM, it's clearly implied that Bowser is in a crazy love with Peach.
it's not deniable, but this question haven't shown in main series or directly shown to his son
I wonder if it is a major element thought by Miyamoto
but directly Bowser's troop want to invade and take the kingdoms for sure

SPM confirmed that Bowser is in love of Peach (He was very happy with his forced wedding).
But I know that Bowser wants to rule the entire M world...

Chivi-chivik said:
SPM confirmed that Bowser is in love of Peach (He was very happy with his forced wedding).

Well, that doesn't confirm anything either. Like I said, Bowser may be kidnapping Peach to fulfil his power regime. Being married to the princess would give him an easy link to her power. I'd have to play the game again to get the tone of his conversation. He may have been thrilled with the wedding for love. I don't remember.

I never played SPM, I have seen videos and it sucks it's not the same as the ol' Paper Mario.
But since there are so many different people working on them, obviously the Bowser we see, who's crazy in love for Peach, won't be the same as the typical big bad Bowser.
Or maybe he suffers from double personality...

Leonyx said:
Chivi-chivik said:

Well, that doesn't confirm anything either. Like I said, Bowser may be kidnapping Peach to fulfil his power regime. Being married to the princess would give him an easy link to her power. I'd have to play the game again to get the tone of his conversation. He may have been thrilled with the wedding for love. I don't remember.

I'm not sure that Bowser wants Peach for that. It's confirmed that Bowser is in love of Peach! If not, they couldn't put a happy Bowser in the BowserxPeach forced wedding.
And, Bowser is stupid for think in the peach's "powers".

Chivi-chivik said:

I'd have to disagree. Her "pure" heart has been part of a few plots to awaken ancient evil powers (pretty much all of the Paper Mario games) and she was the dominate healer in Super Mario RPG, suggesting she has some powerful magic under her belt. Plus, having the ruler of the ENTIRE Mushroom Kingdom in your control is sure to have its perks.

Although, upon inspected the wedding part of Super Paper Mario (read: watching a video on Youtube), he may very well be in love. The more mainstream games such as Super Mario Galaxy suggest otherwise, but I guess I'm willing to accept it as a possibility.

He kidnapped her in the first SMB, after turning the inhabitants into blocks and mushrooms, because he wanted to prevent her from changing them back with her magic.

He fell in love with her sometime afterward, as seen in his diary in Paper Mario 64.

In the RPGs he seems to have a thing for Peach but in the mainstream platformers he just kidnaps her for the sake of evil.

Leonyx said:
Chivi-chivik said:

I'd have to disagree. Her "pure" heart has been part of a few plots to awaken ancient evil powers (pretty much all of the Paper Mario games) and she was the dominate healer in Super Mario RPG, suggesting she has some powerful magic under her belt. Plus, having the ruler of the ENTIRE Mushroom Kingdom in your control is sure to have its perks.

Although, upon inspected the wedding part of Super Paper Mario (read: watching a video on Youtube), he may very well be in love. The more mainstream games such as Super Mario Galaxy suggest otherwise, but I guess I'm willing to accept it as a possibility.
But Bowser is a bit stupid.... and that powers are only there because she's the main princess and she has to be VERY important!

Herr Shyguy said:
In the RPGs he seems to have a thing for Peach but in the mainstream platformers he just kidnaps her for the sake of evil.

In the mainstream games hardly ever explain something interesting about Bowser and Peach. The RPGs give us the true stories.
And in the RPGs they say and show that Bowser is in love of Peach! If not, they are telling us a lot of lies.

In my opinion. This is the results of making a game plot larger than 25 years...(contradictions) but this also manages to put the fans even more into the games.

I personally believe that Bowser kidnaps Peach just to Eff with Mario. He puts Mario through all these ridiculous quests that always comes close to killing Mario, but he always survives and defeats Bowser in the end.

Either that, or Bowser just likes kidnapping Peach just so he can feel more evil about himself and get a bigger ego.

I'm still attached to this theories:
1.- Bowser is in love with Peach
2.- But he's so stupid and has multiple personality

Back