Why Peach?

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
We shouldn't count Super Mario Bros. 2 either, since that game was a rip-off of Doki Doki Panic. Even though it did introduce Shy Guys, Birdo, and Bob-ombs into the series.
That's true too. ·_·
But Peach, in the GBA version, has not so good skills in SMB 2

Does Super Paper Mario count? I've never played that game, but Peach is playable in it.

Paper Mario is a spin-off to the mainstream games. I don't think it counts.

The only good thing Peach has in terms of self-defense is hurting people's ears while screaming for help.

Scrub Jay said:
Paper Mario is a spin-off to the mainstream games. I don't think it counts.

The only good thing Peach has in terms of self-defense is hurting people's ears while screaming for help.

RPG's should be counted as canon I'd say, since some things have spawned from them. Super Paper Mario is a small example, but like I said, all she does in there is jump on people, and pretty much every person in the Mushroom Kingdom can do that.

Yes, but that proves that she is not a 100% wimp.

Bowser prefers to kidnap Peach rather than Daisy for a few reasons:

Sarasaland is WEAK. I mean, what kind of empire IS there, if there is one.

Bowser + Daisy makes a total monster. "HI, I'M DAISY!"

Take the 'tom' out of Daisy's personality and Bowser is gay.

Bowser's favourite color is pink :P

SKmarioman said:

In what do you base for say all that?

Bowser don't kidnaps Daisy because he's not interested.

It's known that Bowser kidnaps Peach cuz he is in love.
But it can be also because Peach hides some kind of power, but this is not a so reliable statement.
It's true, but I find the Paper Peach more brave than normal.

SKmarioman said:

Just because it's only been seen in one game doesn't mean Sarasaland is weak. It's four freaking kingdoms!

"Makes a total monster"... I don't even want to know... :-X

I didn't say that she's a complete wimp, she just can't defend herself much at all against Bowser unless she has some extra power to help her.

SKmarioman said:

Okay...

Peach, when she wants is weak and defenseless, but when she wants, she's more courageous than Luigi.

Sometimes, Mario and Luigi is the main reason Peach gets kidnapped. Just take a look at New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World.

Like a revenge thing? That never crossed my mind. Good point!

Maybe she doesn't defend herself because she thinks that Mario then will have no reason to stay in MK...
But he has a lot of reasons, so this theory remains weak.

Mushroom Kingdom is Mario's home place anyway...

Peach probably doesn't have any self-defense skills. Maybe she is too polite.

Theory Number One

With Peach gone, the Mushroom Kingdom is thrown into turmoil (or at least before Mario and Luigi began interfering.)
With the Mushroom Kingdom in turmoil, it's easy to take over.
Once he has conquered two kingdoms (Dark land and Mushroom Kingdom), all of the others will fall under his reign like dominos (or so he thinks.)
Once he has the Mushroom World under his control he can try and take over other planets.
Universal domination.

Theory Number Two

Bowser has a rivalry with Mario.
If Mario dies, he can do whatever he wants (although he'll have to knock out a couple of other guys first, like Luigi.)
Kidnapping Peach makes Mario want to save her.
Bowser can trap Mario and attempt to destroy him. (See his trap in Super Mario 64, Bowser in the Dark World. This was probably planned to get rid of him.)
Mario's gone. Let's have a party and then take over the world!

Theory Number Three
Bowser & Bowser Jr. are in love with Peach.
They kidnap her because of that.

Eh, there's not enough evidence for number three. He'd have to give up eventually.

Gigaremo said:
Theory Number Two

Bowser has a rivalry with Mario.
If Mario dies, he can do whatever he wants (although he'll have to knock out a couple of other guys first, like Luigi.)
Kidnapping Peach makes Mario want to save her.
Bowser can trap Mario and attempt to destroy him. (See his trap in Super Mario 64, Bowser in the Dark World. This was probably planned to get rid of him.)
Mario's gone. Let's have a party and then take over the world.

I thought Bowser liked Mario because he always put up a fight, as stated in Super Mario Galaxy. So he wouldn't kill him.

Mario eats 1-up mushrooms like candy. There is no way Bowser can kill him.

Super Paper Mario showed us that you can kill Mario... for a moment, cuz then Queen Jades will reive him.

Still, I bet Bowser isn't brutal enough to kill Mario. If he was brutal, he would have smashed him in games such as Mario Party DS or Super Mario Galaxy 2

Or Bowser is simply dumb.

Bowser is intelligent enough, however, to blast Mario off the castle into a planet far away. I think if he wanted to kill him, he would do it immediately.

Bowser is not intelligent in that part. If he was smart, he calculate where he would blast Mario in a spot where he would be helpless and not receive aid.

Back