Why Peach?

I still think that Bowser is not atrocious enough to kill Mario. It's a light-hearted series anyway, so killing Mario would simply result in a Game Over for him. I'm not sure about games where people explode a la Bowser's Inside Story, but I think deaths are minimal.

Besides, (I can't believe I'm saying this) if Bowser killed Mario, the Mario series would cease to exist.

The "exploding" part doesn't have to be cannon. Fawful can reappear whenever AlphaDream wants to.

Yeah, but I'm just saying for that part. I still think Bowser wouldn't kill Mario.

Nintendo would never pull off something like that. The closest they would get to is that Mario is dead and he navigates through a spiritual world to send messages to people to help revive him so he can save the mushroom world.

That would sound like a good story, nevertheless.

The games are made for defeat Bowser, not vice versa. So we'll never know if Bowser will kill mario (for a moment) someday (Maybe in a Mario & Luigi or a Paper Mario...)

I think the answer will be "never" or at least Mario will never be left permanently dead. Same with Bowser.

I can see we are drifting off-topic. What would happen if Bowser kidnaps the three major princesses instead of simply Peach?

Then, there would be a game named "Mario, Luigi and the Guy who's in love with Rosalina: <insert awesome title here>"

Hey, just because someone is rescuing Rosalina doesn't mean he has to be in love with her. He could just be doing it for the greater good

Well, then tell me, why Peach kisses Mario's nose after saving her from Bowser?
Or why is it implied that Luigi and Daisy are on a relationship?
Just Mario and Luigi rescues other princess for greater good, or at least Mario does since Luigi still hasn't got his adventure to save Daisy.

I would give any hero a reward if they save me from someone (not a kiss, though).

Yeah, Luigi hasn't got his own adventure yet where he saves Daisy, but all Mario Baseball games, he has good chemistry with her and in Mario Kart, there was this statue of Luigi. As for Peach, Mario and Luigi are in love with Peach, no doubt about it. Just look at Mario Power Tennis. Seems like Luigi has two love interests, actually

Talking about love interests
Since the 1st time I ended Paper Mario, I always though that Twink was in love with Peach, since he has "something to say to her, but no"
Don't you think so, too?

I always thought he simply liked Peach, but wasn't in love with her. He probably felt more like a best friend than a love interest.

Bowser is in love with Peach in that game as well. You see it in his diary. It's probably just another reason to steal Peach.

Too much people seem to like Peach. She's not that pretty anyway.

Ah, but as the old saying goes, "Beauty depends on the eyes of the perceiver"

Now, I'm definitely going to have to agree that Mario has some feelings for Peach. There's tons of evidence to support that. I wonder if they've ever had a romantic relationship.

Now that I think about it, why else would Mario continuously save Peach from disaster? Other than the fact that he may realize the princess is the key to Bowser's domination...

According to Super Paper Mario, Mario and Peach are an official couple (well, this is the spanish translation).
Bowser is in love of Peach, but we still don't know why Bowser wants her. The love, the powers, or both? (I vote for both.)

Do you think Bowser still kidnaps Peach these days because of her ability to turn the blocks the citizens turned into back into their former selves?

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Do you think Bowser still kidnaps Peach these days because of her ability to turn the blocks the citizens turned into back into their former selves?
No. I think that Bowser wants Peach because he is in love. Also, he wants her for her very hidden 'powers', but he thinks in love first.

So, peach is the key of greater power... EVERYBODY wants her.(being in love or for Power.)
it's strange for me, as Rosalina seems to have great power too and she's the watcher of the stars.
And Daisy have unique abilities too. (Strikers) and a kingdom!
So Maybe LOVE IS the main reason Bowser wants Peach.

ToD the ToaD said:
So, peach is the key of greater power... EVERYBODY wants her.(being in love or for Power.)
it's strange for me, as Rosalina seems to have great power too and she's the watcher of the stars.
And Daisy have unique abilities too. (Strikers) and a kingdom!
So Maybe LOVE IS the main reason Bowser wants Peach.

I don't really think Daisy has any real power outside of her kingdom.

Rosalina, however, is obviously a very powerful woman. I'm thinking Bowser feels that Rosalina is way out of his league (both romantically and powerfully) to try to kidnap her.

Maybe Daisy does have power outside her kingdom, but we dont see it as she isnt in any games but spin-offs and Super Mario World(It is Super Mario World, isnt it?Or is it Super Mario Land?).

Goombella said:
Maybe Daisy does have power outside her kingdom, but we dont see it as she isnt in any games but spin-offs and Super Mario World(It is Super Mario World, isnt it?Or is it Super Mario Land?).

That's exactly why Nintendo has to give her and other characters a more prominent role in the MAIN series, so we can know more about them. Last time I checked, neither Daisy nor Peach ever had a "life story" to tell like Rosalina.

It's "Super Mario Land," by the way.

I'm convinced Daisy DOES have powers. It's just that Nintendo is reluctant to show it

I'm convinced Daisy DOES have powers. It's just that Nintendo is reluctant to show it
You're right.
Nintendo has to show more info about the charas, in mainstream games or in RPGs.

It's possible. I think the reason Daisy doesn't get kidnapped is because she seem better prepared to defend it, and her kingdom is (from my understanding) too "out there" for Bowser to want any of it.

Back