Why Peach?

Chivi-chivik said:
In the mainstream games hardly ever explain something interesting about Bowser and Peach. The RPGs give us the true stories.
And in the RPGs they say and show that Bowser is in love of Peach! If not, they are telling us a lot of lies.
maybe this part is better not so emphasized although it can be true
just like DK, his pure mind is mostly along with Mario after all
but Bowser's behavior on behalf of a troop leader is mostly military aggression
intermarriage is reasonable, but I don't think there would be a runaway even if Peach loves Bowser but Bowser's minions refuse
for the main series, the fact of that Bowser is a boss is a more direct thing before Bowser's thoughts of love

if RPG and Paper series are so useful, it's just that Nintendo should let other main characters have chances to appear :-\

Dorayaki said:
Chivi-chivik said:
In the mainstream games hardly ever explain something interesting about Bowser and Peach. The RPGs give us the true stories.
And in the RPGs they say and show that Bowser is in love of Peach! If not, they are telling us a lot of lies.
maybe this part is better not so emphasized although it can be true
just like DK, his pure mind is mostly along with Mario after all
but Bowser's behavior on behalf of a troop leader is mostly military aggression
intermarriage is reasonable, but I don't think there would be a runaway even if Peach loves Bowser but Bowser's minions refuse
for the main series, the fact of that Bowser is a boss is a more direct thing before Bowser's thoughts of love

if RPG and Paper series are so useful, it's just that Nintendo should let other main characters have chances to appear :-\
We don't know if the Koopatroops agree that fact. They do what Bowser wants.

Also, Bowser hardly ever says anything about kidnapping Peach in the mainstream games. Normally he only says his plans (In SMG he wanted to create his own galaxy or something), and the fact of kidnapping Peach is not so explained.
The RPGs helps us to understand what's up with the characters, otherwise we couldn't know ever what happens (example: Luigi says that Peach is Mario's girlfriend (at least in the spanish version)).
Nintendo has to put more charas in the RPGs... or show something in the mainstream ones.

I guess it could either be due to romance or for power. Bowser for one may want to kidnap Peach because he feels attracted to her. Otherwise, Bowser just wants to rule the Mushroom Kingdom by his lonesome and he knows that Peach is the only one who could reverse his magic over the kingdom (according to Super Mario Bros.).

I'm sure Bowser wants Peach because he is in love and for her magic. Two things.

So don't deny any of those facts.

It's actually a little pattern shown in old monster films.

Big bad monster captures pretty nice girl.

Seems pretty simple, no?

But in paper Mario, in Bowser's diary, he did say "I hope she likes me." So with that notion, he has a crush?

Zae said:
It's actually a little pattern shown in old monster films.

Big bad monster captures pretty nice girl.

Seems pretty simple, no?

But in paper Mario, in Bowser's diary, he did say "I hope she likes me." So with that notion, he has a crush?

You are right! He has a crush, shown too in Super Paper Mario.

Chivi-chivik said:
But Bowser is a bit stupid.... and that powers are only there because she's the main princess and she has to be VERY important!

I don't think Bowser is stupid at all. He's only foolish in the RPG's, which is where you seem to be getting most of your opinion from. Even in those games, Bowser is only the main villian in one of them. Peach is only kidnapped by Bowser in Paper Mario. And in that game, Bowser's motives were based on the power of the star rod, and not Peach.

While I will admit it is hinted strongly that Bowser is interested in Peach, the mainstream games (which, in my opinion, are more important to the canon of the Mushroom Kingdom) are always about Bowser's thirst for power. In none of the mainstream games are there hints that suggest that Bowser loves the princess, but ALL of them insist that Bowser is power hungry. You didn't deny that Peach has potential to help feed that hunger, and I believe that fact has Bowser keep coming back for more, regardless of whether or not he is enamored of Peach. She may have to be important and have those powers because she is the princess of Mushroom Kingdom, but that (theoretically) makes her more appealing to Bowser anyway. In fact, part of the reason Bowser has a crush on Peach may be because of all of that influence she has.

Leonyx said:
Chivi-chivik said:
But Bowser is a bit stupid.... and that powers are only there because she's the main princess and she has to be VERY important!

I don't think Bowser is stupid at all. He's only foolish in the RPG's, which is where you seem to be getting most of your opinion from. Even in those games, Bowser is only the main villian in one of them. Peach is only kidnapped by Bowser in Paper Mario. And in that game, Bowser's motives were based on the power of the star rod, and not Peach.

While I will admit it is hinted strongly that Bowser is interested in Peach, the mainstream games (which, in my opinion, are more important to the canon of the Mushroom Kingdom) are always about Bowser's thirst for power. In none of the mainstream games are there hints that suggest that Bowser loves the princess, but ALL of them insist that Bowser is power hungry. You didn't deny that Peach has potential to help feed that hunger, and I believe that fact has Bowser keep coming back for more, regardless of whether or not he is enamored of Peach. She may have to be important and have those powers because she is the princess of Mushroom Kingdom, but that (theoretically) makes her more appealing to Bowser anyway. In fact, part of the reason Bowser has a crush on Peach may be because of all of that influence she has.
You don't know really why Bowser is in love of Peach! Nobody knows!
And I know Bowser is extremely thirsty of power, but the RPGs show us the true personality of each character.
In the mainstream games they don't think much on the storyline, just in the gameplay.

Chivi-chivik said:
Leonyx said:
Chivi-chivik said:

And I know Bowser is extremely thirsty of power, but the RPGs show us the true personality of each character.
In the mainstream games they don't think much on the storyline, just in the gameplay.

Also comes from the fact that platformers are not story driven games to begin with.

Literally, there is like next to no character and story development in the platformers, as much as I love them, it would be a nice change to actually see development in those areas. :V

Zae said:
Chivi-chivik said:
Leonyx said:
Chivi-chivik said:

Also comes from the fact that platformers are not story driven games to begin with.

Literally, there is like next to no character and story development in the platformers, as much as I love them, it would be a nice change to actually see development in those areas. :V
This happens... except for Rosalina and SMGalaxy.
That's why I always look at RPGs and storylines for know what's up with the charas.

Chivi-chivik said:

I didn't say that it was the reason Bowser is in love, it was just a theory. But I think it's a nice way to bring the mainstream games and the RPG's together.

I do agree that the mainstream games are lacking in terms of plot development, but I kinda like them that way. I still say the mainstream games are more important in determining motives, so I guess we'll just have to disagree on it. I just can't ignore all of the facts presented in the mainstream games.

Re: Why Peach? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!??!??!!111?

Peach is a defenseless girly girl. If Bowser tried getting me, I'd put up a fight.

Leonyx said:
Chivi-chivik said:

I didn't say that it was the reason Bowser is in love, it was just a theory. But I think it's a nice way to bring the mainstream games and the RPG's together.

I do agree that the mainstream games are lacking in terms of plot development, but I kinda like them that way. I still say the mainstream games are more important in determining motives, so I guess we'll just have to disagree on it. I just can't ignore all of the facts presented in the mainstream games.
I like the mainstream games too, but you have to admit that Nintendo cares a lot about their gameplay (example: Super Mario Galaxy had an awesome gameplay, but the fact of rescuing Peach was boring... The difference of this game is the apparition of Rosalina and her backstory.)

PokemonMaster said:
Scrub Jay said:
Peach is a defenseless girly girl. If Bowser tried getting me, I'd put up a fight.
I would had grabbed him and stabbed him in his nose.
Me too.

PokemonMaster said:
Scrub Jay said:

I don't think Peach has any real defense skills (let alone a hidden knife with which to stab someone with anyways). Ignoring the alternate dimension that is Super Smash Bros., Peach only gets into real combat in a small amount of games. You'd think she'd have some kind of defense against kidnapping by now. I guess Bowser just finds new ways to break through...

She definitely has combat skills. Just look at Super Princess Peach.

Leonyx said:
PokemonMaster said:
Scrub Jay said:

I don't think Peach has any real defense skills (let alone a hidden knife with which to stab someone with anyways). Ignoring the alternate dimension that is Super Smash Bros., Peach only gets into real combat in a small amount of games. You'd think she'd have some kind of defense against kidnapping by now. I guess Bowser just finds new ways to break through...
Peach is defenseless in a LOT of games, you know. I think she never remembers that she can fight (or at least a bit), she just fights in Paper Mario series and in Super Princess Peach (but in SPP she has Perry, and she attacks using Perry). Peach is usually a useless chara.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
She definitely has combat skills. Just look at Super Princess Peach.

I wouldn't say that's much of an example. She only jumps on people (which is such a staple in the Mario games, I'd be more surprised if a character didn't know how to jump on enemies) and uses Perry as a mythical weapon. Her vibe powers were only temporary gift of Vibe Island, if I do recall correctly, so those can't be used outside of the island.

Mario, however, as been shown to be adept at fireballs, hammers, super balls, certain machines, suits of various kinds, magic capes, etc. That's what I would call combat skills. The princess in general has been shown to be lacking in this way.

Chivi-chivik said:
Peach is defenseless in a LOT of games, you know. I think she never remembers that she can fight (or at least a bit), she just fights in Paper Mario series and in Super Princess Peach (but in SPP she has Perry, and she attacks using Perry). Peach is usually a useless chara.

I wouldn't go as far to say that she's useless. I think, behind Mario, she is the most important character in the game. She's the goal in countless games, mainstream and RPG. Just don't trust her to win you any fights...

Chivi-chivik said:

I wouldn't go as far to say that she's useless. I think, behind Mario, she is the most important character in the game. She's the goal in countless games, mainstream and RPG. Just don't trust her to win you any fights...
[/quote]
I said USUALLY. She's useful, for example, in Super Paper Mario.
And yes, she's one of the main charas in the games, along with Mario, Bowser and Luigi.

Nintendo Power stated in an issue where Peach's New Year's Resolution was to take a self-defense class. Maybe two. This also says how Peach is sorta like a wimp.

Nintendo Power stated in an issue where Peach's New Year's Resolution was to take a self-defense class. Maybe two. This also says how Peach is sorta like a wimp.
Nintendo Power is right. She has to train.

Chivi-chivik said:

Ironically, she appears capable of defending herself in the Smash Bros. titles. Of course, Smash Bros. isn't canon by any means.

MnSG said:
Chivi-chivik said:

Ironically, she appears capable of defending herself in the Smash Bros. titles. Of course, Smash Bros. isn't canon by any means.
That's true too. Everybody knows that in SSB series everybody has to fight. So Peach shows attack/defense skills there.

We shouldn't count Super Mario Bros. 2 either, since that game was a rip-off of Doki Doki Panic. Even though it did introduce Shy Guys, Birdo, and Bob-ombs into the series.

Back