Wii U

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
There is a rumored Wii 2. What do you think? I think it will have 3D and better graphics.

Re: Wii 2?

I heard Nintendo wasn't making a Wii 2 yet because they thought the Wii wasn't finished yet. They're probably just being lazy.

Did everyone here just FORGET about the Wii MotionPlus? It would be foolish to make an entirely new console when they still haven't milked the current one dry yet.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I heard Nintendo wasn't making a Wii 2 yet because they thought the Wii wasn't finished yet. They're probably just being lazy.
There have been hints. I'm pretty sure that it will be announced at E3

Maybe not a Wii 2, but I think they're building a new console, as the 3DS is (almost) on sale.
Nintendo mainly says they don't make new consoles, like the 3DS:
February 2010: "There is no DS successor!"
March 2010: "DS's successor will feature 3D without glasses!"

The 3DS is about to be released so I don't think they would release another system so soon...

My guess is that the Wii 2.0 (I prefer it to be called that instead of just Wii 2) will be released in 2013. They're still releasing Wii games and it's gonna take a while for them to create an entirely new one. (Unless they're already working on it?)

>>Starr
The 3DS has been developed since 2008, or something like that.
At least, that's what I've heard.

1. I really doubt Nintendo would rush into the next console generation right away. The Wii and its games still top sales charts, so Nintendo has hardly milked the console for all its worth yet. It'll be at least a couple more years before a release; heck, even an announcement; IMHO.

2. Somehow I doubt Nintendo would release Wii 2. Nintendo hasn't made a "sequel" to one of their main consoles (not counting Game Boy/DS) since SNES. I think they have a different console in the making, if any. Just my gut instinct, knowing Nintendo.

>>RatherImpossible
At the other hand, it's possible they're making a new console right now.
I mean, the Gamecube only lasted 4 years (2002-2006).
It's been 5 years since the launch of Nintendo Wii, so it's possible.

@悪の女神: That is a valid point, but like I said, the Wii puts out huge sales every day, so I doubt Nintendo would hang up their gloves on the 7th gaming generation so early. Besides, it seems like all of the Big 3 are going with a longer console lifespan this time around. Microsoft and Sony have already confirmed 10-year cycles for the 360 and PS3, I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't follow suit.

EDIT: Add ToD's post to my opinion. :p

悪の女神 said:
>>RatherImpossible
At the other hand, it's possible they're making a new console right now.
I mean, the Gamecube only lasted 4 years (2002-2006).
It's been 5 years since the launch of Nintendo Wii, so it's possible.
the nintendo Wii gives a lot more sales than the gamecube did at any moment, there's no comparison.

悪の女神 said:
>>Starr
The 3DS has been developed since 2008, or something like that.
At least, that's what I've heard.

Really? Then you can just discard my post then. I obviously underestimated the time it takes to create a new console.

But I'm still betting that a new console will be announced by 2013.

Looks like Microsoft is looking for developers for their next-gen Xbox: http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=1285469
Next Generation is closer than you'd think.

today I've read an old interview from two years ago that said that the Wii 2 was already in production. Since the year 2011 will be owned by the 3DS I suppose the Wii 2 will in the earliest be released 2012.

悪の女神 said:
Looks like Microsoft is looking for developers for their next-gen Xbox: http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=1285469
Next Generation is closer than you'd think.
That how Nintendo will outsell the new xbox by making the Wii 2

If there's a new console, I don't want a Wii 2. I would rather have an entirely new console unrelated to the Wii, like how the Wii is unrelated to the GCN

We already have a gaming console that uses numbers. The PlayStation. We don't need another.

Yeah, the name is crummy.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
We already have a gaming console that uses numbers. The PlayStation. We don't need another.
Yes, if I got this, I would mix up my two wiis. I always say "I'm gonna go play the playstation" and then my brother says "Which one, one or two?"

>>Yellow-eyed Penguin
>And that's kind of a stupid name.... Wii 2.

Again, this is just a fan-name for the actual console, so I'm sure there will be another name.

Can't the fans give it a better name than "Wii 2"? Or that they ran out of ideas?

I can't come up with any good name that would suit a new Nintendo console?

Maybe Nintendo Sphere, where the console is a circular shape? Yeah, I know, terrible idea. =P

Back