Wii U

Magikrazy said:
Yeah, but at least I can tell it's a different console. Jokes aside, I've never heard the original Xbox called Xbox One.

Wii U sounds like a peripheral for the Wii, and with that dumb gamepad it may as well have been.

the console also uses the word "one" after its name even though it's the third console

i still think the wii u is a better name than that. and even so, if the wii u was advertised better, all problems the name had would be amended if people know what it is.

The Wii U was doomed right from the start. Nintendo made several mistakes with the system. Tatsumi Kimishima even knew that it wouldn't be a hotcake seller like the Wii was because the gimmick was horrible. The Wii U is basically like what the Sega Saturn was to Sega. People found the system to be not too interesting at all. The NX is Nintendo's chance to get things right.

When Iwata announced last year that Nintendo was working on the NX, it was basically the equivalent of Bernie Stolar's "Saturn is not our future" statement.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/18/nintendo-of-americas-scott-moffitt-says-you-should-grab-a-wii-u-while-you-can/ said:
Nintendo of America’s executive vice-president of sales, Scott Moffitt, talked about the upcoming content for the Nintendo Wii U. Moffitt said that “there’s certainly plenty of content for existing Wii U owners, but there’s plenty of reasons for people who’ve never owned the console to grab one now while they last”. When he was asked how many Wii U consoles were left, Moffitt responded by saying that “we will be transitioning production to NX, so our message to fans is to grab a Wii U while you can, because they won’t be around forever”.

Source

does this mean Wii U won't get a price drop the way the Wii did

that pretty means they're going to stop (or least nearly) production of the wii u when nx comes round

hopefully the nx has backwards compatibility so people can get these games easily but its unlikely it will because im not sure nintendo will have it support the gamepad or wii remotes although just dance 2016 being revealed to come to nx is a promising sign for at least the latter

The Wii U will still remain production hopefully by the time NX comes out.

The Wii U could've been saved with a new Paper Mario game. That game was the only thing that could save it in my opinion but yet they decide Sticker Star 2 (the lowest rated game in the series).

The King of all Mario RPGS said:
The Wii U could've been saved with a new Paper Mario game. That game was the only thing that could save it in my opinion but yet they decide Sticker Star 2 (the lowest rated game in the series).

If Mario Kart and Smash can't save the Wii U, nothing can.

The King of all Mario RPGS said:

paper mario has never been a good seller, never will be. any nonpokemon rpg aren't, relatively speaking, huge sellers compared to the likes of mayro kratt, smash bros., new super mario bros, etc.

besides, sticker star was actually a better selling paper mario game, i think second only to super paper mario, but you have to consider how well the 3ds and wii did.

Back