Wii U

Re: Wii 2?

Zae said:
Mkwii graphics really just felt like non-modified mkdd visuals. Well mainly in terms of character models.

I do not like how people equate good graphics with realistic graphics. And I'm not saying that you guys are doing it.

This is actually what makes the 3d realm of gaming so.... boring and bland today. As almost every game tries to be realistic and detailed with everything.

There is virtually little uniqueness in visuals in most games and it's just kinda.. depressing.

Just like in Brawl. Some people simply saturate the character's colors as a texture hack because the original was too dull and boring to look at.

Take a look at this for instance

gRlZj.jpg

This is a texture hack.

Really? Wow. Times passes quickly

I hope the new console will still play wii games though, so then I can sell my wii to get this but still play the Mario wii games. Either that, or find another outlet on a tv to plug it in. Probably the second one. I enjoy the wii's motion control, but also enjoy classic controllers, so it's kinda hard to say which one I hope it will have.

EDIT: Looks like it is backwards compatible

I had just spent my earned $300 on a 3DS and a game. I don't want to spend another $250 D:

Don't worry, if they still have to announce the next generation console, it would launch in 2012 as the earliest date.

It's going to be called "Stream"

This is it.
The nintendo udder.
You squeeze the udder and it charges you for doing it.
NOW YOU CAN MILK PROFITS LIKE NINTENDO!

>>apostlebird
I don't think so, if I replace the "cafe" to "ctr", the link changes a little bit, but "cafe" simply redirects to the main page.
CTR is 3DS's code name.

Mama Yami said:
>>apostlebird
I don't think so, if I replace the "cafe" to "ctr", the link changes a little bit, but "cafe" simply redirects to the main page.
CTR is 3DS's code name.

That's right. I realised in the moment I posted that you can add some (or maybe the proper) names (agb, ngc, n64, nitro). Now, what I see interesting is that the page is a portal of Nintendo of America so I can deduce the rumors may be at least 51% true, at least in the name.

Funny, I have to login to see anything.
Are you a developer?

I did an Application multiple times, but I got a reply only once:
Hello,

We received your application form for Nintendo's developer site. In order to give you access to confidential information on our site, you need to be an authorized Nintendo game developer. We could not find your company's name on our list. If you are interested in becoming an authorized Nintendo developer, please go to the following site and follow the instructions.

http://www.warioworld.com/apply/

If you are already an authorized developer or publisher with NOE or NCL, you will still need to have an agreement with Nintendo of America to gain access, and should fill out the form at the url above.

Thank you!
I only excluded the signature.

Wii's successor is announced, and it will be shown during the E3:
http://www.yamihoshi.nl/tech/?p=2168

http://mynintendonews.com/2011/04/15/nintendo-wii-the-nintendo-wii-2-is-known-internally-as-project-cafe-more-details-emerge/

Looks like it is not only backwards compatible with wii games, but also with gamecube games. A good reason for me to actually buy some gamecube games, and I can sell my wii to put money towards this new console.

Looks like the project name is "Project Cafe."

Interesting.

I am hoping we are able to transfer Virtual Console games, but it seems unlikely.

Thankfully, you can easily transfer /most/ of your Wii data via SD card.

I just hope Nintendo includes the SD card slot on the console...

Also, on the subject of E3, I hope they finally announce Pikmin 3. They've been teasing us long enough. Also looking forward for news on Atsumete! Kirby.

Angry Black Bird said:
President Iwata said:
Looks like the project name is "Project Cafe."

Interesting.
My guess, is that the console will be named "Cafe"

You would be right if the Wii was called "Revolution" and the GameCube was called "Dolphin."

Unless I see something else, Stream seems the most plausible.

The friend code system is going obsolete. Gamertags and PSN IDs are way more recognizable/memorable than those ridiculous 16-digit numbers. Nintendo needs an online account system if they want to compete with the level of online gaming that the other consoles are achieving.

adiosToreador said:
I am hoping we are able to transfer Virtual Console games, but it seems unlikely.

Thankfully, you can easily transfer /most/ of your Wii data via SD card.

I just hope Nintendo includes the SD card slot on the console...

Also, on the subject of E3, I hope they finally announce Pikmin 3. They've been teasing us long enough. Also looking forward for news on Atsumete! Kirby.

Yeah, I don't really want to start over on all my games like Super Paper Mario, and both the galaxy games, and redo all the subspace again.

And yes, about Pikmin 3, I heard a rumor that they're making a Pikmin game for the 3DS.

Back