Wii U

Stargatedalek said:
Wii U said:
Also you need to update to play Wii games in Wii U too
so now its a PS2?! just great....

Oh my god. Just stop complaining, you're making too much of a big deal out of something as simple as an update.

If you already have a Wii and don't plan on buying this, I don't see how this affects you at all.

not all PS2 could play PS games, they need special update ;)

and yah, it dosen't effect me I just like giving my true yet worthless opinions :P

Regarding the Nintendo IDs, while it's good that there won't be a friends code system anymore, it presents a slight problem to me, as I don't want to use my current username for that, but I can't think of anything else.

EDIT: I'm also wondering whether I'll actually be able to get the eShop. On my 3DS, I could get the eShop, but it wouldn't have anything other than the MK7 patch availible, and I had to set my country to Canada in order to get it to work. I'm not sure whether or not I'd be able to do the same with the Wii U, so I guess I'll see.

So is there a good place to camp out during the wee hours of November 18th? I don't want to end up waiting only to find that the entire stock is in reserve on pre-orders, so are any places either not taking pre-orders or else making sure to save some?

New Super Mario said:
Lakituthequick said:
I like this Wii U Chat thing.

Any chance that users here are going to use it?
I might use it for a few of my closest friends but different languages are gonna make it hard for some people.

I Might use it for shits, like Swapnote. But like swap note, It's a whole lot easier to talk on here.

New Super Mario said:
Lakituthequick said:
I like this Wii U Chat thing.

Any chance that users here are going to use it?
I might use it for a few of my closest friends but different languages are gonna make it hard for some people.
Well, it is a good way to practice. But most people here have English native I think.

Not going to use it with users on here. For one thing, my parents would have a heart attack to hear me talking with strangers.

My parents used to be like that, until they realized I knew what I was doing and that I understand the Internet a whole lot more than them. They barely know how to use the computer.

But if I need to talk to anyone from the forum, I can just message them. Plus, nobody I know will be getting a Wii U, so it'll be entirely users from here.

So, if you sinc your current wii remotes to the Wii U, will they still work on the regular wii? I mean, can they be sinced to both consoles at once, or if you sinc them to the wii u then it won't work with the regular wii?

Just wondering.

So, a week before the Wii U. I have enough money for the Wii U Deluxe with Nintendo Land which I'll get sometime after launch since it is getting shipped from Toys R Us, New Super Mario Bros U, Assassin's Creed 3, and probably some more motion plus add ons if those are still available.

So, I might be getting my parents to pre-order this through EB Games for $437. I might end up paying a bit for it, even though $400 of it takes up all my Christmas and birthday presents. I'll have to buy my own presents this time around. Which means I'll probably be buying New Super Mario Bros. U for it. But for both, I'll give them to my parents so they stay as Christmas presents.

New Super Mario said:
So, if you sinc your current wii remotes to the Wii U, will they still work on the regular wii? I mean, can they be sinced to both consoles at once, or if you sinc them to the wii u then it won't work with the regular wii?

Just wondering.
The Wiimote can be synced to only one console at a time, while each console can sync to up to ten Wiimotes.

If you Sync to Wii U, you'll have to resync to Wii if you want to use it there.

Wii U looks really good but I know I'm not getting one for Christmas this year. I'm probably getting an 80GB PS3 to play my PS2 games because my PS2 broke. I hope Rayman Legends isn't just for Wii U.

Yoshidude99 said:
Wii U looks really good but I know I'm not getting one for Christmas this year. I'm probably getting an 80GB PS3 to play my PS2 games because my PS2 broke. I hope Rayman Legends isn't just for Wii U.

Sorry, it is. I doubt they could bring it to the PS3 or 360 because it uses the gamepads touch screen a lot.

Back