Wii U

http://gamespress.com/release.asp?c=%7D%0E5l5

"Desperate to get your hands on Nintendo’s Wii U, hitting shelves Nov. 18? Keep stumbling upon sold out pre-orders at most major retailers and don’t want to get gouged by the grey market sellers? Fear not, starting this week you can reserve your very own Wii U console at your local Target store - but move fast because quantities are limited!

Target is offering the following Wii U consoles for pre-order, with the new TVii, which allows the game pad to act as a center for entertainment for the household:

White – with game pad and touch screen, 8GB ($299.99)
Black – with game pad and touch screen, 32GB ($349.99, Nintendo Land game included with additional accessories)
Target also offers the latest games including Nintendo Land, Super Mario Brothers U, Lego City Undercover, Metroid, Pikmin Adventures, Skylanders Giants, Madden and Call of Duty: Black Ops II.

Still not sure if the Wii U is for you? Now you can now try out the full Wii U experience at one of Target’s 1,000 in-store interactive Wii U gaming stations.

Remember, this holiday season, saving is in style! Save 5 percent on the Wii U and all electronic and video game purchases by using the Target REDCard. You can also leverage Target’s Electronics Trade-in service (http://www.target.com/spot/nextworth) to receive credit towards all your holiday electronics purchases."

Press Release from Target, as of today.

This is what I've got in a mysterious Email, from Nintendo.
0cc9d13a3ef899474e835149b0ac533b.png

What it means, is unknown, though.

metroid is pretty much the only way i'll play a wii u

I don't know if anyone's found a picture of this but...
159832_detail.jpg

Man, this looks neat.

SKmarioman said:
I don't know if anyone's found a picture of this but...
159832_detail.jpg

Man, this looks neat.
I heard they were third party so I probably won't bother, but yeah, they look neat. I'd probably only use it for vc games though, but I'm keeping all those on my wii.

WHY O WHY did they name it that???....
(^^couldn't help it^^)
I think the basic idea of using a DS as a Wii controller is well... LOUSY, just my opinion

Stargatedalek said:
(^^couldn't help it^^)
I think the basic idea of using a DS as a Wii controller is well... LOUSY, just my opinion

Your not using the DS as a wii controller. It's using a Wii U controller as a Wii U controller.

A lot of Great things can be done with the wii u gamepad, they just need to be done by someone first before we know about them.

I think that the fact that Nintendo is selling the Wii U at a loss really shows their commitment to changing the world of gaming, and how games are played. If they were just doing to be the biggest company and to outsell their competition, then they wouldn't sell the Wii U at a loss, would they?

euan707 said:
I think that the fact that Nintendo is selling the Wii U at a loss really shows their commitment to changing the world of gaming, and how games are played. If they were just doing to be the biggest company and to outsell their competition, then they wouldn't sell the Wii U at a loss, would they?
It does show commitment, but really it was just a marketing strategy. Not as much people will by it if it's 400 versus 250.

euan707 said:
That's not commitment. They sold the 3DS at 250 and it bombed. They know if it's too expensive they won't be able to buy it. It's not like they're the first company to sell something at a loss.

It's a risky marketing strategy.

I think they can pull it off though, as long as no problems come up during launch.

Crackin355 said:
Stargatedalek said:
(^^couldn't help it^^)

Your not using the DS as a wii controller. It's using a Wii U controller as a Wii U controller.

A lot of Great things can be done with the wii u gamepad, they just need to be done by someone first before we know about them.
Touch'e ;)

Crackin355 said:
It's a risky marketing strategy.

I think they can pull it off though, as long as no problems come up during launch.
Honestly, I think they're going to slash the price again. This is going to be a tough year for Nintendo.

It's funny to see how Wii, PS3, DS, and PSP sales went to their top, as soon as they were hacked, while Xbox 360 and PS Vita allow hacking on them, and they're not selling nearly as much.
Just some human logic I don't get.

people just like hacking for some reason, I personally don't EVER multiplayer hack where as single player is fair game ;)

I don't mean that kind of 'hacking' (which isn't even hacking).
I mean, making own games/programs on these Consoles.

MKGirlism said:
I don't mean that kind of 'hacking' (which isn't even hacking).
I mean, making own games/programs on these Consoles.
ooh modding, that I like :D

Not modding, hacking.
In fact, the term "hacking" means "creating own games or Applications", but gets misunderstood by generic people.

Really?
Over here, we have to wait until the very last day of November!

Back