Wii U

MKGirlism said:
Really?
Over here, we have to wait until the very last day of November!
That sucks. Well, mines getting shipped in the mail I believe, so I'll probably get mine a couple days after the release.

If I ever get more money I might check out NSMBU or Assassin's Creed depending on their reviews.

So tomorrow marks the day where it will be two weeks from the Wii U's release.

When mine comes, I'll put my thought about the system and Nintendo Land on here.

I have a month to try out the Assassins Creed games, but they only have II and Revelations at the video store. Don't know how I would play the others before I choose whether or not to get AC3

I think I'll get an American Wii U through a friend of mine, living there.
It's like a suicide at the Customs, but at least I'll be before the rest of the continent.

So I just went to Gamestop to check a Wii U demo station.

The controller is really nice. It was one a wire, so it should be even better when I get the real thing. They showed options to play demos for games like Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed 3, and NSMBU, but sadly the only open option for a demo that let me play was Rayman Origins.

But, it was really cool. I think playing Nintendo Land on the actual thing will be even better.

my workplace is holding a presentation for the Wii U at the moment, so I might check it out on my break today

When you boot up your Wii U, eShop, Miiverse and internet browser will be not available but you will get all of those on a update on launch day, Nov 18 with internet connection

Wii U said:
When you boot up your Wii U, eShop, Miiverse and internet browser will be not available but you will get all of those on a update on launch day, Nov 18 with internet connection
I hope that update won't take TOO long.....

Anyway, the Wii U Chat thing looks really cool. But the drawing thing seems kinda pointless.

New Super Mario said:
Wii U said:
I hope that update won't take TOO long.....

Anyway, the Wii U Chat thing looks really cool. But the drawing thing seems kinda pointless.

Depends on your Internet connection

I don't care about the chat functions since I never use those in anything. Leaving little messages is fine I guess, they're nice to have as an option.

so in other words a limited number of possible usernames available? sounds god awful

It's not like your username specifically will be taken. And if it is, just add numbers.

It's actually a good choice, because your more likely to remember a name than a 12 digit code.

It works perfectly well on the PS3, don't see how it could fail here.

because this is Nintendo, not Sony :P
and whenever Nintendo changes anything it gets a touch screen, I hate touch screens :P

no really though, it would be like giant forum with half the population of the developed world on it, not many usernames left at that point...

Stargatedalek said:
and whenever Nintendo changes anything it gets a touch screen, I hate touch screens :P

no really though, it would be like giant forum with half the population of the developed world on it, not many usernames left at that point...
Don't worry, I'm sure the name you want will still be available. And if not, just change it up a bit.

I prob won't get one, at least for a while, I'm satisfied with all my game systems

eventually though I'll have to because they will stop making games for original wii :'(

Stargatedalek said:

I don't see where that part had anything to do with what you were just complaining about.

Seriously, if you think the chances of your username being taken are high, your mistaken.

Even if it is, it's really not hard to change your name a little. If Crackin355 is taken, I still have Kraken355, Craken355 or Kracken355 to choose from, all I did was change the words a bit. You can add numbers as well, the chances of 355 people having the names I just wrote above is impossible, because nobody wants your name, they want theirs.

Stargatedalek said:
I prob won't get one, at least for a while, I'm satisfied with all my game systems

eventually though I'll have to because they will stop making games for original wii :'(

Of course they will, that's just how it goes.

Back