Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Re: My friend hates Super Mario Galaxy 2

Flamewar commencing in 3...2...1...

Why are you asking us something pertaining to your friend.

Well I think SMG is better than SMG2 but I don't see why he hates it. I got SMG2 because it has Yoshi in it. By the way Iv'e only just got SMG and I currently have 20 Stars ;D

I think he hates it the same reason I sort of dislike SMG2: how it is a vastly overrated game and how it barely introduced anything new in the game.

Yeah, SMG2 is majorly overrated. I don't like its poor controls and poor camera control. The Green Stars are also a bad idea because finding them is really boring.

He barely play it and he got 5 stars with wii usb loader SMG2

ToxBox said:
He barely play it and he got 5 stars with wii usb loader SMG2

Then he is simply plain ignorant. He should at least play all of the game before judging it.

I'm will sleep over his house tonight and play final boss 2p and im 2p and i beaten game with 242 stars

The Mario Party Series are the best video game series EVER! SMG2 is basically a remake that has no enhanced graphics. I hope they NEVER remake that game. The only thing I enjoyed was Co-Star Luma. If your friend hated Mario Party I would whack him on the head. Animal Crossing DS is OK it has daily events and every day is different.

He has n64 5 months with mario party 1 and he liked then N64 broke and SMG2 is not a remake, only 2 galaxies are remake

Many people mistaken SMG2 as a remake because of its horribly similar concepts and even the story

I said it was LIKE a remake with no enhanced graphic or new features.

Try beating with 242 stars and perfect run

7 lives lost in the Putrid Run. That place doesn't deserve to be a final level, it's pretty cruddy. The only reason people find it hard is that it is like completing a game with perfects.

Cosmopolitan said:
7 lives lost in the Putrid Run. That place doesn't deserve to be a final level, it's pretty cruddy. The only reason people find it hard is that it is like completing a game with perfects.
I was expecting some thing like a Daredevil run were you survive attacks from Bowser's airship for several minutes get on and go inside the ship fight Bowser and Bowser Jr. together and after defeating them you get the last star. But NOOOO we have to do something easy like getting a higher score in a math than Wario.

ToxBox said:
Try beating with 242 stars and perfect run.
One green star was terribly placed. You have jump INTO lava and get it. I did that the day I got it. 100% complete other than those coins.

PokemonMaster said:
ToxBox said:
One green star was terribly placed. You have jump INTO lava and get it. I did that the day I got it. 100% complete other than those coins.
Do you mean the second one in Bowser Jr's Fiery Flotilla? I though that was one of the easier ones to get.

yoshidude99 said:
PokemonMaster said:
ToxBox said:
Do you mean the second one in Bowser Jr's Fiery Flotilla? I though that was one of the easier ones to get.
No the one in the final boss level. It wasn't hard, I just thought the developers needed to work harder in "hiding" places for the green stars.

Not everyone likes or is even neutral about Yoshi. And I thought he had some pretty lame powerups.

ToxBox said:
I'm deaf and I kept saying to my friend that SMG2 is best mario game ever but he seriously hates it and he won't look at mario and he kept playing animal crossing for ds and he loves SMG1 and why he hate SMG2?
What does you being deaf have to do with that story?

Good question.

Cosmopolitan said:
I think he hates it the same reason I sort of dislike SMG2: how it is a vastly overrated game and how it barely introduced anything new in the game.

You think it's overrated just because it doesn't add much more to the concept? Maybe you just wanted a new innovative Mario game. I'm thrilled they didn't make an entirely new and innovative game, because Super Mario Galaxy had me craving more, so I'm glad that they made a sequel. :)

Back