"Mario Sports Mix" Release Thread - It begins... (in other regions, obviously)

MnSG said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
How do you get to Behemoth?

You have to defeat the Final Fantasy team at all four sports. When you win against them at the fourth sport, an alternate cinema will play, which will lead to the Behemoth battle. Defeating Behemoth not only gets you the Star Cup, but you'll unlock Sports Mix mode as well.
Oh. I only beat dodgeball's star cup. I'm on basketball's star cup right now, and the other sports I've hardly gotten to because I just don't enjoy them so much.

How the heck do I get Slime? I haven't seen him anywhere.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Oh. I only beat dodgeball's star cup. I'm on basketball's star cup right now, and the other sports I've hardly gotten to because I just don't enjoy them so much.

How the heck do I get Slime? I haven't seen him anywhere.

Play 28 matches to unlock Slime. You have to repeat this for each sport; unlocking Slime in Dodgeball will not unlock it anywhere else, unless the same conditions are made on the other sports.

Slime sounds funny when I hit it with a dodgeball. The only thing I need to unlock now is Black Mage, which I believe is from completing the darn Star Road twice. After that, I'm done with dodgeball. I need to make some time management for Hockey, or else it will take FOREVER to complete.

Actually, you get Black Mage by beating th Star Cup, and only the Star Cup, 4 times.

It gets tedious after a while, but whatever.

Really? Has GameFAQs been lying to me by saying "Complete Star Road, located on the Star Cup map twice in tournament mode. Complete Star Road 3 times to unlock him for the other 3 sports." :-\

Oh well, I guess I have to beat Star Cup 2 more times.

Cosmopolitan said:
Really? Has GameFAQs been lying to me by saying "Complete Star Road, located on the Star Cup map twice in tournament mode. Complete Star Road 3 times to unlock him for the other 3 sports." :-\

Oh well, I guess I have to beat Star Cup 2 more times.

You can unlock Black Mage and White Mage by clearing the right missions while playing the Mushroom Cup. For Ninja, however, you have to clear the Star Road to get him. Clearing Star Road twice unlocks the Shadow White outfit for Ninja.

It took me awhile, but I managed to complete Hard mode for all sports. Apparently, you don't face Behemoth King, unless you win the Star Cup in Sports Mix mode; probably typical, considering Sports Mix mode's difficulty.

Anyway, I cleared the Star Cup in Hard mode with the following...

Dodgeball; 2-on-2; Mario & Luigi
Volleyball; 2-on-2; Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong
Hockey; 2-on-2; Black Mage & Bowser Jr.
Basketball; 3-on-3; White Mage, Yoshi, & Toad; Behemoth battle in the end

I'm not sure. But I feel bad for Canada because I think they only got about 2 Mario games released there. They would have to travel a few miles just to get a awesome video game. Sad.

Uh...We already got the game as well as all of the other Mario game releases on the same day as US releases.

I completed Sports Mix mode today. To go with this achievement, here's my Sports Mix story. It's inside a spoiler box though, so don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

Mushroom Cup
For the Mushroom Cup, I did 2-on-2 with Ninja and Bowser Jr.. 1st round was Basketball; 2nd round was Volleyball; final round was Hockey. Amazingly, I had to face Yoshi three times in a row. For round 1, he was with Peach; round 2, Waluigi; finals, Cactuar. I survived with very few issues. In fact, the finals was a cakewalk, considering that it was a Hockey match at Peach's Castle.

Flower Cup
I went 2-on-2 with Bowser Jr. and Cactuar. 1st round was Hockey; 2nd round was Dodgeball; final round was Volleyball. I briefly had some issues with the team of Wario and Mario for Hockey, but defeated them in the end. For Dodgeball, Daisy was one of my opponents. Volleyball, the team of Toad and Slime gave me a rough start for the second set, but I managed to win the first two sets.

Star Cup
Now, for the Star Cup story. This story is longer than the others, so I'll explain in parts.

I went 3-on-3 with the team of Mario, White Mage, and Bowser Jr..

Round 1: First round was Dodgeball, where I went up against two Yoshis and Bowser at the Wario Factory. The Yoshis were tough, but Bowser was the bull's eye, since his defensive move is useless against items. When I knocked out Bowser, I did everything in my power to make sure that none of my players were knocked out. In the end, I won the first two sets, and advanced to round 2.

Round 2: Second round was Hockey, where I went up against Slime, Yoshi, and Diddy Kong. The court was Waluigi Pinball, which made things trickier than normal. I dealt with a lot of close calls and lucky breaks during that matchup.

Finals: Lastly, there's the Final Fantasy team at the Star Ship. I faced them in a Basketball match, and that team sure gave me a run for my money. It took me two attempts to beat the team, but at least I kept the scores close. Some of the various nuisances included the Black Mage's shots, and I frequently had to do team combos to score. Fortunately, with my second attempt, I managed to win.

Behemoth King: After beating the Final Fantasy team, I was up against the Behemoth King. I started things out by controlling Mario, but once Behemoth King's health went below 50%, I switched to controlling Bowser Jr.. His high speed helped me when it came to powering up the meteor ball, and I eventually defeated it. Of course, White Mage did get knocked out briefly during the struggle.

And that's pretty much my Sports Mix mode story. Of course, I completed Hard mode for all sports before attempting this challenge; taking each difficulty one step at a time can be pretty helpful.

All sports in Expert Mode? Isn't it like facing Ninja and White Mage in the Hard Tourney Star Ship?

If it is, I can hardly call that a challenge. To me, of course. My sis and I have really good cooperation.

Back