Author Topic: Worst Smash Bros. Stage  (Read 2607 times)

LeftyGreenMario

• Do not show the embarrassing CPU scores during the battle.
  • Donkey Kong
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
Re: Worst Smash Bros. Stage
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2018, 10:19:45 PM »
NOOOOOO I liked coin battle. How else can I make characters in giant smash explode to coins in Great Cave Offensive!?

Honoka's #5 Fan

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Celestial Guide
  • Raven Effect
  • That's what I call hamburgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2018, 11:32:13 PM »
Stock is the correct way to play smash always no exceptions.
>playing stock when the superior coin mode exists
lul
hate to break it to you but coin battle got cut from Ultimate
Oh they finally removed the mode nobody has used in 15 years good for them.

Roserade

• President of the Literature Club
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
  • "Write your way into his heart..."
    • View Profile
    • Rose Garden Forums
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2019, 03:03:02 AM »
Okay so after missing Wii U, then playing Ultimate, I can verify that Great Cave Offensive is indeed the worst Smash Bros. stage. I will play on any other stage except that one

Shy Guy on Wheels

• Definitely on Wheels
  • King Bowser
  • Octagon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2019, 03:34:12 AM »
pac-land 8 player smash and any mode that isn't stock is the only correct way to play it
Did this, and I don't regret it.

It was Time (5:00), FS Meter, Hazards & Spirits On, All Items set to high.

10/10 Absolute Chaos would play again.

Koops

• Big dumbass furry who is actually a realist and knows that whatever crush he gets it's never gonna be the one.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2019, 04:07:12 AM »
Say what you want about any stage, but the only one deserving of the hate it gets is 75m.

Platforms are too small. Trampolines are hard to avoid so you might die just because of that, and the sparks don't help anything.

While I'm not too fond of Great Cave Offensive, I wouldn't say it's one of the worst stages, but the lava and spikes are annoying.

YoshiFlutterJump

• The Flying Yoshi
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2019, 09:13:40 AM »
75m is the only legitimately bad stage I've played.  Don't understand the hate Great Cave Offensive gets, it's fantastic.  Especially for 8-player smash.

Shy Guy on Wheels

• Definitely on Wheels
  • King Bowser
  • Octagon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2019, 09:24:29 AM »
Why do people hate Hanenbow so much? No-one has ever given an explanation as to why, and don't see any reason to hate it myself.

Moldomré: The Crossover Episode

• I definitely know how to draw Koops!...it's just that I've never gotten around to it...right?
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • The local Pink Yoshi Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2019, 10:01:44 AM »
75m is the only legitimately bad stage I've played.  Don't understand the hate Great Cave Offensive gets, it's fantastic.  Especially for 8-player smash.

Great Cave Offensive is offensive.

Seriously though, you're right. Although Mario Circuit from Brawl (I think that's its name) is one I don't like personally.

Twitter | Ask Thread | Luigi64DD, LeftyGreenMario, and BabyLuigiOnFire | Moldomré and Toadgamer in the avatar

Koops

• Big dumbass furry who is actually a realist and knows that whatever crush he gets it's never gonna be the one.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2019, 11:43:38 AM »
Why do people hate Hanenbow so much? No-one has ever given an explanation as to why, and don't see any reason to hate it myself.

I think I heard some people say that the leaves sometimes move randomly, and bother gameplay. But that has to be the stupidest and honestly just downright retarded nitpick in the history of nitpicks. The only problem I have with it is that there's not enough room for Ike's side b to properly work on the ground, but that's it. I love the stage otherwise.

But I just realized that even though Spear Pillar is a beautiful stage, I really hate Palkia's effect on the stage... which is why I now play it on Battlefield form...

Also... is there a way to turn of stage hazards without doing so in the rulesets? Because I don't mind any other hazards in other stages, just this one, and it would be weird to create a ruleset just to play on Spear Pillar.

Shygul

• Nikaido Saki
  • Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2019, 11:53:00 AM »
gods i *bleep*ing hate NSMBU and the pink earthbound stage now
the bird and nabbit completely kill the flow of battle and dont even make it worth putting in the effort to beat the other player because guess what an npc will probably get you anyways

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
  • how about a rousing game of pool
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2019, 01:17:58 PM »
It's hard to really hate any stages now since hazards off makes pretty much all of them tolerable, with the possible exception of walk off edges

Toadgamer

• Probably the biggest Toad fan out there
  • Dry Bowser
  • Well, bup, I guess...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2019, 01:52:03 PM »
The problem with Great Cave offensive to me is that it's too big. I forgot I was playing at some point.

So yeah, 75m sucks. Enough said.

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2019, 04:09:22 PM »
64: Mushroom Kingdom
Melee: Icicle Mountain
Brawl: 75m/Mario Bros.
3DS: Balloon Fight
Wii U: Great Cave Offensive/Palutena's Temple
Ultimate: ??? I honestly forgot they added new stages but looking at the list it's probably Great Plateau Tower just because of the roof. It's a shame because I don't hate it nearly as much as the other stages here.

I'm sure there's stuff like Mushroomy Kingdom and Rumble Falls and Dream Land GB and Reset Bomb Forest and etc. that are similar levels of unplayable, but they're just not bad enough for me to tie them as the worst stage in the game

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2019, 05:05:09 PM »
Basing my opinion mostly on single player modes.

Any omega stage variant as it's *bleep*ing ripe for them to make a spirit battle to cloak the stage in complete hazards. Cough cough Baby Bowser. The Boss.

Also the battlefield variants are *bleep* too. There's no way the AI is going to *bleep* up massively as they do on stages with unconventional layouts or with hazards. When it came to legend battles, 75m saved my ass twice, and Punch-Out's walk-offs twice too, and Green Hill Zone also twice (in Eggman's fight, raining bob-ombs did that close up kill thing on me twice, but the elevation braked my launching so I was saved twice that way while the bob-omb killed the last guy). Can't say the same for battles that take place on more neutral stages.

Mario Bros. still is a *bleep* stage and I argue it's far worse than any other stage, though Palkia *bleep*ing with the screen does come pretty dang close to irritating the hell out of me.

J — Pony Disguise

• J-Yoshi64
  • Dry Bowser
  • J-Yoshi64
  • Always remembering Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2019, 09:03:11 PM »
pac-land 8 player smash and any mode that isn't stock is the only correct way to play it
Did this, and I don't regret it.

It was Time (5:00), FS Meter, Hazards & Spirits On, All Items set to high.

10/10 Absolute Chaos would play again.
PICHU ONLY
May Walkazo always be remembered on MarioWiki for years to come.
Follow me because I'm not a narcissist: https://twitter.com/JYoshi64 https://www.deviantart.com/just-call-me-j

Boo Diddly

• Shine Sprite
  • Boo4761
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2019, 09:07:11 PM »
Hanenbow has a cool design but it's a pain in the ass to play. Never was that fond of 75 m either.
If you wanna talk ask for discord

Yukiho Hagiwara

• Ace Idol
  • Star Spirit
  • Epic Nitwit
    • View Profile
    • Backloggery
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2019, 09:13:21 PM »
the pauline spirit has made me hate 75 m with a passion
also any ridiculously large stages that were introduced in smash 4 (palutenas temple, great cave offensive, etc) can be pretty annoying as well

J — Pony Disguise

• J-Yoshi64
  • Dry Bowser
  • J-Yoshi64
  • Always remembering Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2019, 09:23:42 PM »
There is no visual distinctions between hard platforms and soft platforms on 75m. That along with the clingy ladders made the Pauline spirit fight a PAIN
May Walkazo always be remembered on MarioWiki for years to come.
Follow me because I'm not a narcissist: https://twitter.com/JYoshi64 https://www.deviantart.com/just-call-me-j

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2019, 09:36:30 PM »
75m design has actually has two key flaws. Well, the first one is more of an exploit, but the sheer size of the stage allows the staff to do some really serious damage. Second one is a major AI flaw where Peach can SD herself. If Pauline were to take place in Battlefield, you don't have those advantage.

But I am that hipster who likes 75m. As with PacLand, the only correct way to play 75m is any mode that isn't stock, items on, hazards on, spirits on, 8 player Smash

Pheromosa

• Extradimensional bug princess
  • Star Spirit
  • A51 Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2019, 08:35:43 AM »
My personal pick for overall worst stage is Smashville