Author Topic: Games you feel are underrated  (Read 1260 times)

Chika Fujiwara

• Love Detective
  • Star Spirit
  • Icemario
    • View Profile
Re: Games you feel are underrated
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2019, 01:02:21 AM »
Super Mario Sunshine (GCN)
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)
Super Mario 64 DS (DS)
Pokemon Ranger Trilogy (Nintendo DS)
Sonic Unleashed
yes to all of these I wholeheartedly agree especially the last two

I don't feel like New Super Mario Bros. (the original) gets enough praise, I really love that game and definitely still do. Liking the platforming in the game in its entirety aside, the minigames it had packaged with it were amazing and really made it such a steal if you had people to do multiplayer with imo. I really wish they would bring back minigames like those in later Mario titles as a kind of side attraction but I doubt they would.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks too, which was also my favourite Zelda game until ALBW came out. I imagine it having those touch screen controls probably put people off but I never minded them, personally, and I think past that it has a really charming set of characters (shoutout to best Zelda), beautiful music and some pretty great puzzles that really stuck on me.

Maki's #3 Fan

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Celestial Guide
  • Raven Effect
  • That's what I call hamburgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2019, 01:26:46 AM »
Donkey Kong 64: While the backtracking can get redundant in some areas, the fun of DK64 is the atmospheric music by the awesome Grant Kirkhope (Crystal Caves is my favorite piece of music he’s composed), the bosses while easy are very creative and fun, some of the mini games (Not The Minecart one, the slot machine, and the bug racing) are pretty entertaining and the humor is the same Rareware humor I’ve come to love.
No Donkey Kong 64 is a terrible game. the minigames are terrible, the bosses are terrible, the backtracking is terrible. It's an objective falsehood to say Donkey Kong 64 is anything but a terrible game that should be buried never to be talked about again.

Dr. Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's OG Woo Meister
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 05:34:59 PM »
I don't feel like New Super Mario Bros. (the original) gets enough praise, I really love that game and definitely still do. Liking the platforming in the game in its entirety aside, the minigames it had packaged with it were amazing and really made it such a steal if you had people to do multiplayer with imo. I really wish they would bring back minigames like those in later Mario titles as a kind of side attraction but I doubt they would.
It's better than the first three, I give you that. I just don't think I can go back to the older games after New Super Mario Bros. introduced jumping and 3D models and world maps that don't force you backward when you die.

SeproDep

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl uses a dual-layer disc due to the size of the game data. Nintendo of America has stated that some Wii consoles may have difficulty reading the high-density software due to a contaminated laser lens.
  • Banned
  • King Bowser
  • Jigglypurin
  • My cursor has blood on it.
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighting Robot!
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2019, 06:40:50 PM »
New Super Mario Bros. introduced jumping
I could've sworn Jumpman could jump back in Donkey Kong.
Hi!
Subscribe to me on Youtube. Join my Discord server. Read my webcomic. Level my cards up.
Join my cult.

Dr. Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2019, 06:55:59 PM »
Wall jumping, I had a lapse.

SeproDep

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl uses a dual-layer disc due to the size of the game data. Nintendo of America has stated that some Wii consoles may have difficulty reading the high-density software due to a contaminated laser lens.
  • Banned
  • King Bowser
  • Jigglypurin
  • My cursor has blood on it.
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighting Robot!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2019, 06:59:16 PM »
Wall jumping, I had a lapse.
Okay.

Now to get back on topic...
Hi!
Subscribe to me on Youtube. Join my Discord server. Read my webcomic. Level my cards up.
Join my cult.

Cheeze

• Blooper
  • Doughboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 08:43:24 PM »
Zelda 2 and ZombiU. I know these games have quite a few critics, but I think they're really fun to play through.

Shy Guy on Wheels

• Octagon!
  • King Bowser
  • If it's not on Wheels, it's probably evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2019, 05:33:43 AM »
Mario Hoops 3-on-3

A fun Mario sports game, that has a unique take on the sport of Basketball, and makes good use of touch screen controls that don't feel forced.

EDIT: Also the soundtrack, which you should listen to if you haven't already, it's surprisingly good.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:04:26 PM by Leo Luster »

Erdrick the Hero

• Gotta love that Dragon Quest series right? Favorite series that I've totally played probably.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • The local Pink Yoshi Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2019, 09:25:34 AM »
Any LEGO game. Some people don't like it cause you can't die (technically), but it's kinda like SMO where you lose coins. And like SMO, studs are really useful.
dang.

Look at that.

Those scissors have a pretty nice ass.
Twitter | Koops, that quote now represents you | Ask Thread

Dr. Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2019, 01:27:15 PM »
Mario Hoops 3-on-3

A fun Mario sports game, that has a unique take on the sport of Basketball, and makes good use of touch screen controls that don't feel forced.

EDIT: Also the soundtrack, which you should listen to if you haven't already, it's surprisingly good.
I like the album versions of these songs more too in general. Sherbet Land is a highlight for me. It's a shame absolutely none of these tracks are reused for Smash Bros..

HEROWALUIGI

• Supreme overloard Waluigi... Ultimate Role Player
  • King Bowser
  • HEROMARIO
  • !Weege wegge weege!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2019, 04:07:20 PM »
Pokepark 2 Wonders Beyond
:waluigi: [-]€40 分@4¡0 :waluigi:

Rest in peace, Walkazo
Ask | My Mindless Junk | My best role play