Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for 3DS and Nintendo Switch

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Man, the Wii U just can't keep any games, can it?

The Captain's grand adventure is coming both to Nintendo Switch and 3DS, it's generally the same game but it now has updated graphics on the Switch and new levels from Super Mario Odyssey on at least on the Switch version.

There is already a Captain Toad topic here: https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=30792.msg1634049

Thank you for reading.

I haven't even finished the Wii U game yet.

rip wii u exclusive library
might as well bring 3d world somewhere as well while you're at it. if captain toad can get a second lease on life then that one should too

good for people who didnt play it but in my case i don't feel it's worth a second purchase. odyssey levels don't really catch my interest, and although this was a fun game, it wasnt good enough to make me want to buy it again like dkctf was

I don't have a Wii U, so I don't have 3D World or Captain Toad treasure tracker to play as Captain Toad. I can't wait. Also, my favourite part has to be the fact that New Donk City is in the game. That even makes it visible ON THE 3DS!!!

This game may sound good, but in the midst of life there is always death. The addition of Odyssey levels likely means the removal of 3D World levels.

Oh, if only they had a chapter in the Bonus Episode devoted to Galaxy...

Easter Yoshi said:
This game may sound good, but in the midst of life there is always death. The addition of Odyssey levels likely means the removal of 3D World levels.

Oh, if only they had a chapter in the Bonus Episode devoted to Galaxy...

?

It's a port though. I'm pretty sure most of the 3D World themed levels will stay since it's directly from the Wii U version. Just happening to have extra levels that are from Odyssey.

No, I’m serious. I know for a fact Nintendo’s going to make some changes:
  • The ending will tie in to Odyssey rather than 3D World.
  • The first chapter of the Bonus Episode will show Odyssey levels.
    • Fossil Falls will replace Super Bell Hill.
    • Tostarena will replace Conkdor Canyon.
    • Forgotten Isle will replace Shadow Play Alley.
    • New Donk City will replace Clear Pipe Cruise.
  • The Switch will auto-unlock the first chapter of the Bonus Episode by searching for Odyssey data (instead of 3D World data, obviously).
    • The 3DS version will not have an auto-unlock feature, as neither 3D World nor Odyssey works on the system.
  • Every change shown in the Direct will be enacted.
Even though this is all just speculation, I’m positive it will happen.

Well, I don't really know if Nintendo's gonna add that much Odyssey stuff. Maybe there will be stuff from other games, like an airship, or Acorn Plains from NSMBU.

During the ending, the Wii U version says “The adventure continues in SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!” Honestly, it would make no sense if the Switch said that. It saying “The adventure continues in SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY!” would make more sense for Switch.

Easter Yoshi said:
During the ending, the Wii U version says "The adventure continues in SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!" Honestly, it would make no sense if the Switch said that. It saying "The adventure continues in SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY!" would make more sense for Switch.
The ending for the 3DS version will say "The adventure continues in SUPER MARIO 3D LAND!" But that's not going to happen, that Captain Toad doesn't appear in the game.

I'm guessing that the ending of CT:TT Switch will have the introductory scene from SMO.

So yesterday I downloaded the demo on my Switch, and it was the first time I ever played the game, because I don't have a Wii U.

Hope you enjoyed it! I have the Wii U version, but I downloaded the demo anyway to try out the new 2P Assist. I'm probably not getting the Switch version. I probably won't get the 3DS version either, unless I feel that the new levels make it worth another buy.

It's interesting that the 3D World levels are replaced with the Odyssey levels, but I suppose it's good that they have original levels in this game. One good thing is how the four Kingdoms represented have variety, so we have a turnip-throwing railroad in Fossil Falls, regular levels in Tostarena and New Donk City and a forward-moving level in Mount Volbono.

I am somehow OK with the fact that the levels are replaced instead of added, though.

Shovel Knight said:
So yesterday I downloaded the demo on my Switch, and it was the first time I ever played the game, because I don't have a Wii U.
I would love to hear your opinion on the final post-game level, which has a very interesting challenge.

Thank you for reading.

If anybody played the Super Mario Odyssey levels, please post here on the impressions of the Odyssey levels made for this game. Based on one of the previews, New Donk City is the best level by a huge stretch, while the others seem to be disappointing (Fossil Falls, Mount Volbono and Tostarena).

Thank you for reading.

Octo-nite8 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSZDwK-oDWI

There you go, 3D World is retconned.
Yeah. I saw that earlier today. This can be a bad thing and a good thing.

On the one hand, 3D World was the foundation of Captain Toad. It only made sense for Captain Toad to be a prequel to that game. But then Nintendo decided to revise the story so that it was the prequel to Odyssey instead. It just doesn't fit.

On the bright side, though, it means 3D World will likely not be ported! *fireworks* *confetti* *balloons*

The ending is a bit lazy. It's just credits roll then oh...there's the Odyssey and that's it.

Could've used the opening cutscene from SMO, with Mario falling from the airship and the airship flying away.

For a split second I hoped that Captain Toad would be running away to join Smash. Nope, just Odyssey. Oh well. I knew it'd never happen, but it would've been fun.

Yeah it would be weird if they revealed him via this game.

*credits end, Captain Toad and Toadette land in dark area*
Captain Toad: Wh-where am I? It's so dark! I can't see anything!
*gigantic orange Smash Ball appears in background*
Captain Toad: Huh? What's that? I'd better go check it out!
*Captain Toad jumps out of minecart and runs toward the Smash Ball*

CAPTAIN TOAD BURIES THE COMPETITION!!!

Toadette: Hey! Where you going? Wait for me!
*Toadette runs after Captain Toad*

TOADETTE FINDS THE SECRETS OF BATTLE!!!

Back