Recent Forum Changes

youtube embeds also seem to be broken. i've checked old threads and tried to put a video in this post (though deleted it before actually posting) and none of them show up

edit: already got fixed, thank you bossman

Last edited:
Probably an update issue, Imgur embeds with the media button aren't working properly. It links to imgur.com/image rather than i.imgur.com/image.ext which creates a link to the album instead of embedding the image.

Due to the fact that name changes no longer are automatically tracked by the thread, we've implemented mod approval functionality for regular users changing their names to prevent someone changing to something very inappropriate and flying under the radar. It works like before, except that now you wait for a mod to see a big red "approval queue" message and go "ok".

Also on a side note, is it possible to adjust the username history so it shows all the usernames a user has had sort of like before the update?

It actually does already, as far as I can tell. Go to your profile, hit the clock next to your username, and then do See More. It brings up the old Previous Usernames menu.

I have a question regarding old usernames. Whenever I want to see old usernames from someone who had lots of username changes (@Goombungee for example), I don't see a "see more" option. Whenever I view a profile who doesn't have many changes (me for example), I can see the "see more" option. Here are some screenshots:

IMG_6263.jpeg

A "see more" option is visible when I view my profile.
IMG_6262.jpeg

When I view someone like @Goombungee I don't see an option. I tried scrolling but it doesn't do anything.

Is this an issue for anyone else? Or maybe it's because I use an IPad and not a computer?

I have a question regarding old usernames. Whenever I want to see old usernames from someone who had lots of username changes (@Goombungee for example), I don't see a "see more" option. Whenever I view a profile who doesn't have many changes (me for example), I can see the "see more" option. Here are some screenshots:

View attachment 43358
A "see more" option is visible when I view my profile.
View attachment 43359
When I view someone like @Goombungee I don't see an option. I tried scrolling but it doesn't do anything.

Is this an issue for anyone else? Or maybe it's because I use an IPad and not a computer?
This was adressed earlier, I believe, but essentially you can only view the "see more" option for your own profile, but not for other users. It doesn't have to do with how many username changes a user has had.

Are old usernames no longer 'locked' to the account that used them?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it used to be that any usernames you used were somehow set so that other people couldn't use them because I guess they were tied to your account via the username history or something like that?

I'm only asking if that isn't the case anymore because a user changed their username to Lady, which was a username that I had used back in 2020. (And I just want to make it clear - no I am not complaining about them using a name I used like four years ago nor was I planning on changing my username back to Lady or anything like that, just curious if it means that names that other people used in the past for theme changes are now free for anyone else to use so long as no one is currently using the name or what)

Are old usernames no longer 'locked' to the account that used them?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it used to be that any usernames you used were somehow set so that other people couldn't use them because I guess they were tied to your account via the username history or something like that?

I'm only asking if that isn't the case anymore because a user changed their username to Lady, which was a username that I had used back in 2020. (And I just want to make it clear - no I am not complaining about them using a name I used like four years ago nor was I planning on changing my username back to Lady or anything like that, just curious if it means that names that other people used in the past for theme changes are now free for anyone else to use so long as no one is currently using the name or what)
Oh, so that's why. If you change your mind and you want the name back just tell me.

@Veneer Yesterday a user named "Pomni" wanted to change their username to their current username, @Lady. They ran into some problems while doing so, with the error messages saying that the username "wasn't unique enough" and that "someone already has that usename". I think they contacted a moderator and everything is all good now.

When I joined the forums, I wanted my username to be "Sparks" but I got the same messages. So I made it SparksMarioWiki instead (I'm currently "Anglefish" because of an April Fool's joke).

Back