Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Gamefreak75
The game's really cute, but not to cute, IMO.

That is lame.

Sure, Epic Yarn is cute, but you see yarn creatures get brutally ripped apart by a pink ball. And his blue buddy.
It's pretty fun, and cute graphics don't exactly make the game any more horrible than whatever people seem to think about whatever good games people seem to talk about a lot these days

How the living hell does this game get the be the worst game without taking the shovelware in account!? (Sorry for using the H word, but sorry, I really loved Kirby's Epic Yarn)

"Red Dead Redemption was the magazine's pick for best game, but Kirby's Epic Yarn was voted the worst for being too cute and nice. Metroid: Other M was voted the second worst for being "infuriatingly clunky" and turning Samus Aran into "a glum functionary pining for her old boss?.""

The hell? Since when does a game's atmosphere determine its quality!?

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
How the living hell does this game get the be the worst game without taking the shovelware in account!? (Sorry for using the H word, but sorry, I really loved Kirby's Epic Yarn)

"Red Dead Redemption was the magazine's pick for best game, but Kirby's Epic Yarn was voted the worst for being too cute and nice. Metroid: Other M was voted the second worst for being "infuriatingly clunky" and turning Samus Aran into "a glum functionary pining for her old boss?.""

The hell? Since when does a game's atmosphere determine its quality!?
They must just hate Nintendo. I honestly only think of KEY as an OK game, but it's no doubt not the worst game.

I still don't understand why it HAS to be gloomy and in a crime setting to be considered a good game. Why can't we just escape from reality and into the colorful, er, yarn universe?

And they still ignore shovelware that hardly classifies as a game.

Those people are one of the most ignorant beings out here. Wow.

Solar Blaze said:
I guess to some people, graphics matter more than gameplay.

Did you even read the article? Graphics were not the reason.

I read the article, and it said that it's the Worst Game of 2010 for being "too cute". What else could they have possibly been talking about, if they didn't mean the graphical style?

They're biased towards violent games and stuff like that. They're biased against Nintendo and non-bloody, non-gory games.

It's often quite strange how the M rated titles tend to get more positive ratings than the E rated and E10+ rated titles. I guess this shows what hardcore gamers tend to look for in their games.

Still, it takes a lot of guts to be playing games that are highly graphical, especially when you're extremely sensitive to those things.

Father Ted Crilly said:
They're biased towards violent games and stuff like that. They're biased against Nintendo and non-bloody, non-gory games.

Theory Disproven

President Iwata said:
Father Ted Crilly said:

Theory Disproven
Your theory is invalid.

EW said:
Well designed levels
Though I haven't played LittleBigPlanet a whole lot, the levels can be considered similar to Kirby's Epic Yarn levels as, well, it's usually made of cardboard while KEY's levels are made up of fabric.

Not to mention they picked KEY of all games to hate while there were plenty of shitty games from all three consoles. :-\

Agreed, all have a legendary pile of third-party junk.

Wow, they named it as a bad game just because it was too cute? That's a pretty bland and horrible reason for naming this game as the worst game of 2010. Honestly, I thought this game was very unique and it looked pretty fun from a spectator's point of view. I guess people these days just need more violence rather than peace. :bobomb:

Gamefreak75 said:
President Iwata said:
Father Ted Crilly said:

Theory Disproven
Your theory is invalid.

EW said:
Well designed levels
Though I haven't played LittleBigPlanet a whole lot, the levels can be considered similar to Kirby's Epic Yarn levels as, well, it's usually made of cardboard while KEY's levels are made up of fabric.

Not to mention they picked KEY of all games to hate while there were plenty of shitty games from all three consoles. :-\

He was saying non-bloody, non-gory games. Your statement about yarn and cardboard is incoherent and irrelevant.

I really hate ignorant people just like that. The problem is that other than the atmosphere, they don't give any reason AT ALL to hate this game. Kirby's Epic Yarn is a great game, a lot of effort has been put into it, especially the nice textures, and the multiplayer is fun. There are also people like me who cannot stand extreme violence as seen in M games. And why are these people called "hardcore" gamers anyway? Can't the term "gamer" suit us all?

Also, yes, the bleepy shovelware is also put into disregard for no reason, like I said earlier.

Kirby's Epic Yarn had pretty graphics, anyway. Putting off a game just because it's cute is just plain ignorant and silly. I enjoyed most of Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Besides, there are way worse games out there.

By the way, I cannot stand intense violence.

I rather play Kirby's Epic Yarn for an hour than Red Dead Redemption for 4 hours :P

They must have overlooked Other M...

OHHH! Burn!

I'm not sure why Metriod the Other M deserved this title too. I never played the game, but it looks impressive.

The Other M shouldn't have been THAT bad. I guess people don't like robots pretending to be women walking around.

Back