Kirby's Epic Yarn: Worst Game of 2010

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Pronouns
She/her
The game's really cute, but not to cute, IMO.
 

Mecha-Drago

THIS IS RIDICARUS
That is lame.

Sure, Epic Yarn is cute, but you see yarn creatures get brutally ripped apart by a pink ball. And his blue buddy.
It's pretty fun, and cute graphics don't exactly make the game any more horrible than whatever people seem to think about whatever good games people seem to talk about a lot these days
 

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
I guess to some people, graphics matter more than gameplay.
 

Ray Trace

Jumps the highest, runs the fastest
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
How the living hell does this game get the be the worst game without taking the shovelware in account!? (Sorry for using the H word, but sorry, I really loved Kirby's Epic Yarn)

"Red Dead Redemption was the magazine's pick for best game, but Kirby's Epic Yarn was voted the worst for being too cute and nice. Metroid: Other M was voted the second worst for being "infuriatingly clunky" and turning Samus Aran into "a glum functionary pining for her old boss?.""

The hell? Since when does a game's atmosphere determine its quality!?
 

Fawfulfury65

The Last Story
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
How the living hell does this game get the be the worst game without taking the shovelware in account!? (Sorry for using the H word, but sorry, I really loved Kirby's Epic Yarn)

"Red Dead Redemption was the magazine's pick for best game, but Kirby's Epic Yarn was voted the worst for being too cute and nice. Metroid: Other M was voted the second worst for being "infuriatingly clunky" and turning Samus Aran into "a glum functionary pining for her old boss?.""

The hell? Since when does a game's atmosphere determine its quality!?
They must just hate Nintendo. I honestly only think of KEY as an OK game, but it's no doubt not the worst game.
 

Ray Trace

Jumps the highest, runs the fastest
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I still don't understand why it HAS to be gloomy and in a crime setting to be considered a good game. Why can't we just escape from reality and into the colorful, er, yarn universe?

And they still ignore shovelware that hardly classifies as a game.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Pronouns
He/him
Solar Blaze said:
I guess to some people, graphics matter more than gameplay.
Did you even read the article? Graphics were not the reason.
 

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
I read the article, and it said that it's the Worst Game of 2010 for being "too cute". What else could they have possibly been talking about, if they didn't mean the graphical style?
 

Not Shane

The Man With No Custom Title
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
They're biased towards violent games and stuff like that. They're biased against Nintendo and non-bloody, non-gory games.
 

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
Pronouns
He/him
It's often quite strange how the M rated titles tend to get more positive ratings than the E rated and E10+ rated titles. I guess this shows what hardcore gamers tend to look for in their games.

Still, it takes a lot of guts to be playing games that are highly graphical, especially when you're extremely sensitive to those things.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Pronouns
He/him
Father Ted Crilly said:
They're biased towards violent games and stuff like that. They're biased against Nintendo and non-bloody, non-gory games.
Theory Disproven
 

Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Gamefreak75
President Iwata said:
Father Ted Crilly said:
They're biased towards violent games and stuff like that. They're biased against Nintendo and non-bloody, non-gory games.
Theory Disproven
Your theory is invalid.

EW said:
Well designed levels
Though I haven't played LittleBigPlanet a whole lot, the levels can be considered similar to Kirby's Epic Yarn levels as, well, it's usually made of cardboard while KEY's levels are made up of fabric.

Not to mention they picked KEY of all games to hate while there were plenty of shitty games from all three consoles. :-\
 

Not Shane

The Man With No Custom Title
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
Agreed, all have a legendary pile of third-party junk.
 

Propeller Toad

Dislikes the amount of neglect Toad receives...
Pronouns
He/him
Wow, they named it as a bad game just because it was too cute? That's a pretty bland and horrible reason for naming this game as the worst game of 2010. Honestly, I thought this game was very unique and it looked pretty fun from a spectator's point of view. I guess people these days just need more violence rather than peace. :bobomb:
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Pronouns
He/him
Gamefreak75 said:
President Iwata said:
Father Ted Crilly said:
They're biased towards violent games and stuff like that. They're biased against Nintendo and non-bloody, non-gory games.
Theory Disproven
Your theory is invalid.

EW said:
Well designed levels
Though I haven't played LittleBigPlanet a whole lot, the levels can be considered similar to Kirby's Epic Yarn levels as, well, it's usually made of cardboard while KEY's levels are made up of fabric.

Not to mention they picked KEY of all games to hate while there were plenty of shitty games from all three consoles. :-\
He was saying non-bloody, non-gory games. Your statement about yarn and cardboard is incoherent and irrelevant.
 

Ray Trace

Jumps the highest, runs the fastest
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I really hate ignorant people just like that. The problem is that other than the atmosphere, they don't give any reason AT ALL to hate this game. Kirby's Epic Yarn is a great game, a lot of effort has been put into it, especially the nice textures, and the multiplayer is fun. There are also people like me who cannot stand extreme violence as seen in M games. And why are these people called "hardcore" gamers anyway? Can't the term "gamer" suit us all?

Also, yes, the bleepy shovelware is also put into disregard for no reason, like I said earlier.
 

I Argue About Politics

GLAR RADA SHAR, FOOMOO!
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Bazooka Mario
Kirby's Epic Yarn had pretty graphics, anyway. Putting off a game just because it's cute is just plain ignorant and silly. I enjoyed most of Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Besides, there are way worse games out there.

By the way, I cannot stand intense violence.
 

Ray Trace

Jumps the highest, runs the fastest
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I rather play Kirby's Epic Yarn for an hour than Red Dead Redemption for 4 hours :P
 

wsbm

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
They must have overlooked Other M...

OHHH! Burn!
 

Ray Trace

Jumps the highest, runs the fastest
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I'm not sure why Metriod the Other M deserved this title too. I never played the game, but it looks impressive.
 
Top