Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion

King Boo said:
Looks like Wario's in league with the Subspace Army. They must be paying him some big money if he's working with them. Or he just did it for the heck of it.

Most likely being paid. Otherwise he would be sitting on his ass, watching TV.

A japan only game called X... well the music sucked IMO. But now we know that the Smash Ball is a normal item that can be turned on and off with the item switch.

Shut. Up.

Hyper Mushroom said:
Shut. Up.
I feel quite sorry for you, Hyper Mushroom. A poor fellow with no life, you must be, wasting your precious time posting things like "shut up" on a forum.

X sounds like a retarded game.

Indeed X does sound retarded. What kind of game only has 1 letter for a name? And Hyper Mushroom, whats gotten into you lately? You used to be so random, now your just going around flaming people.

YAY for Waddle Dee's! =D

Seriously, Dedede's Final Smash is so cute! =3

If you don't think Waddle Dee's are cute, then you suck! >_<

Well, hard to tell if it will be effective or not. =| After all, "You can’t tell from a picture". =P

Dodoman said:
King Boo said:
It was confirmed in the video, Sonic Enters The Brawl, where Mario and Sonic were seen together near the end.
Uhh, I don't think that was the Emissary.
In the Sonic Joins the Brawl video, you could see Mario and Sonic fighting some fish-like enemies with the Subspace emblem on it.

Also, in the Fall Conference Video, you could see Mario fighting Petey. So, maybe if you choose Kirby in the beginning, he'll e the one hit by Petey's attack and sent flying into the sky for Pit to find. And I doubt Snake will be in there. I don't know why, I just do.

Recently, I registered an account on Smahsboards.com, and going there made me realize how much Ashley is a stupid idea for a playable character. I wonder what I was thinking when I supported her inclusion in Brawl. (Doesn't mean I hate her character, thought, just the idea of her being in Brawl)

Since Satire is the best weapon against stupidity, I did an an analysis on Dark Corronatus, (A really obscure boss from an equally obscure videogame) and another one for the Contra Wall..

In both case, I only cut and pasted posts from an Ashley supporters and slighty warped the words in favor of Dark Coronatus/Contra Wall. All the broken logic and weird metaphors are kept intact, only slighty changed.

Anyone think those are funny?

BTW, someone making the strategy guide apparently leaked the final roster of playable characters, not sure what to think about it.

I need to find someone else to support, cuz club R.I.D.L.E.Y. got shut down. So no more supporting Ridley. My support now goes to Lucario and Wolf Link.

King Boo said:
Lucario is the only new Pokemon they can add. And Wolf Link because we need more four legged characters like Ivysaur.

Really? Out of the 100 they added, only Lucario can be new? I think MANY D&P pokemon are eligible.

Err... let me rephrase that. Lucario is the most POPULAR Pokemon from DP. Having him in make more sales than any other DP Pokemon being in. Popularity plays a huge role in which characters get in. Plus he would have moveset that could work much better than any other pokemon's. Plus he's half fighting type. We need a damn fighting type character. Of course then theres the fact that as long of Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby are in, Sakurai can do whatever he wants. He could remove everyone except those four if he wanted. But Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby are the only MANDATORY characters. Sakurai has to put those four in every game because Shiggy said so. But Sakurai does pay attention to popularity.

King Boo said:
Err... let me rephrase that. Lucario is the most POPULAR Pokemon from DP. Having him in make more sales than any other DP Pokemon being in. Popularity plays a huge role in which characters get in. Plus he would have moveset that could work much better than any other pokemon's. Plus he's half fighting type. We need a damn fighting type character. Of course then theres the fact that as long of Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby are in, Sakurai can do whatever he wants. He could remove everyone except those four if he wanted. But Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby are the only MANDATORY characters. Sakurai has to put those four in every game because Shiggy said so. But Sakurai does pay attention to popularity.

>_> Lucario's not THAT popular. D&P would still sell BILLIONS without him. He's just some Pokemon.

True... Lucario is really only known about by people who play Pokemon games. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle are known even by people who dont play Pokemon. But with characters that are known by everyone, they should add a character that only the fans know.

Nvm. I found it.
Heavyarms2050' said:
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS STRICTLY A RUMOR FOR NOW

Supposedly, a graphics designer on staff for Prima (guide books for games) has leaked the roster, and is as follows:

Veterans.......

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ganondorf
Young Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Themed)
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers....

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Krystal
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman

Source: http://nintendrone.blog.com/2368798/

I'd be happy with that roster. But Ness killed it. I say... 100%....

PIECE.
OF.

EDIT: The guy who posted this in Gamefaqs admitted to it being fake, and that he made it up. Nothing to see here, people. Move along.

P.S. Someone track that guy down so I can go assassinate him.

King Boo said:
Of course then theres the fact that as long of Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby are in, Sakurai can do whatever he wants. He could remove everyone except those four if he wanted. But Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby are the only MANDATORY characters. Sakurai has to put those four in every game because Shiggy said so.
What do you mean? Shigeru has only made Link and Mario. Pikachu was made by Satoshi Tajiri, and Kirby was made by Sakurai himself. And, you forgot Samus and Fox. ;)

Anyway, I'd like to see Lucario in Brawl. Face it, people, he is popular! Popularity means a lot!

This said, I hope he doesn't replace Mewtwo! Mewtwo is cool! D=

And Vivian from Paper Mario 2 was also requested on the japanese only poll Sakurai did. Let's hope she DOESNT get in. Dammit, Sakurai should give us Americans a damn poll. Its not fair that only Japan gets to suggest characters.

King Boo said:
And Vivian from Paper Mario 2 was also requested on the japanese only poll Sakurai did. Let's hope she DOESNT get in. ******, Sakurai should give us Americans a **** poll. Its not fair that only Japan gets to suggest characters.

Agreed.

And watch your language, kiddo.

Back