Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion

3D, "Damn" isnt a word that is discouraged here. The three swear words allowed are Damn, Ass, and Hell. And those words are the only ones I use. Everything else is censored.

So, if we get dced online, a CPU takes over for us.

King Boo said:
3D, "Damn" isnt a word that is discouraged here. The three swear words allowed are Damn, Ass, and Hell. And those words are the only ones I use. Everything else is censored.

So, if we get dced online, a CPU takes over for us.

Wouldst thou mind citing where those three words announced to be allowed?

Everyone else uses those words. And the admins dont seem to mind those three words. And besides, due my half African American status, swearing is in my blood. I really cant help it. It's something thats programmed into my DNA.

What's the point of the no cursing rule anyway? We hear people cursing everyday, and we hear it on TV everyday. And we cannot deny the fact that there is at least one member of our family that curses.

How relevant to the topic.

So, Sakurai is going to give away the unlockamables on the site?
I'm gonna have to stop coming, I want surprises damnit.

Also, about that list... I prayed that it wasn't real when I read "Animal Crossing Villager".

Sakurai is revealing the third party unlockables. He's keeping the rest a secret. It sure looks that way. Well here's to today's crappy update. If someone disconnects, we have to play a ****in CPU. And CPUs SUCK! But Sakurai knows what he's doing. So far this week has been full of WiFi updates. But wait! What's this!?

Sakurai said:
And there is one more important thing...

When you have a battle mode that runs online like Basic Brawl, the problem of what to do with hidden characters arises. If one of your opponents chooses a character you haven’t unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for you immediately.

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.

You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. For those of you who look forward to those encounters, I recommend you clear this mode before playing Basic Brawl.

And as the case has always been, I’ve made it so you can play the characters you unlock in battles.

Sakurai has confirmed that he will not reveal unlockable characters in today's update!

Most characters will be unlocked through The Subspace Emissary. Sakurai highly recommends playing through Subspace before going online. (Which everyone is gonna do anyway.)

But let's all have a beer in honor of Sakurai's decision not to reveal unlockable characters. *King Boo drinks his beer.*

it is fun not knowing what is going to happen, it keeps you on your toes. there should be an option to take off cutscenes. if they bring back luigi ( he might be taken out for being a clone) then he should have the poltergust 3000 for one of his moves.

:shock:

I used correct grammer

The end of the world is coming!

crystalking said:
first off I said most
Sakurai also said most, as in most characters are unlockable through Adventure.
What I wanna know is if you can unlock different ones at certain points, or if you wait 'til the end. Like, what if you unlocked Sonic right in the middle and then he joined your party?

Oh, and... Don't hog the root beer, King Boo.

Lesse... how 'bout this? You get one character for clearing Classic Mode for the first time. You unlock some from Event Matches. You unlock the rest from Subspace. And finally, the WTF character that is unlocked by beating Classic with all characters except the WTF character. That would work.

And you unlock the Subspace characters the exact moment after you defeat them. I hope this doesnt mean that the "WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING" thing is gone. I really loved that thing.

Also, I think Snake will be the first character you unlock.

I hope it there too, King Boo. I think you get any new playable characters in SSE when you meet them in gameplay, like you won't get Wario (if he isn't a starter) when he kidnaps a trophy, but rather once you fight him and win, or if a new character just joins you from the get-go.

I hope Wario or Luigi is the first character to be unlocked. :D

It is not a fact that luigi is in it

he is tecnicly a clone of mario and thye said that they were taking out all clones

crystalking said:
It is not a fact that luigi is in it

he is tecnicly a clone of mario and thye said that they were taking out all clones
It's spelled "technically".
And Luigi was already leaked by a fat retard.

SmashBro, I doubt Wario will will be an unlockable. He was revealed on DOJO!! long ago, and he was one of the characters to appear in the very first trailer.

Out of the confirmed characters, here's a list of who's a starter and who's unlockable. There are 22 characters (Zero Suit Samus doesnt count since she can only be accessed through a Final Smash.)

Starters:

Mario
Pikachu
Link
Kirby
Zelda
Pokemon Trainer
Wario
Lucas
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bowser
Peach
Samus
Ice Climbers
Diddy
Donkey Kong
Pit
Fox
Yoshi
Ike

Unlockable:

Snake
Sonic

Oh, thanks King Boo and Dodoman!

And Crystalking, Yes they are taking out clones, but in the first Smash Bros., Luigi was a full clone, in Melle he was a half clone, so why not in Brawl, make him a full fighter on his own? :P

Let's make a new Luigi moveset!

B: (Thunderhand)- Luigi charges up electricty in his hand, and runs forward with it, similiar to Kakashi Hatake's Chidori from Naruto.

>B: (Green Missile)- May be a copy of Pikachu's Skull Bash, but hey. It makes him stand out from Mario more. The chance of a spontaneous misfire is slightly increased.

^B: (High Jump)- His famous High Jump from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

vB: (Poltergeist 3000)- Does no damage, but pulls the enemy to Luigi, instead of knocking them back like FLUDD. Allows Luigi to set up combos. Works kind of like Link's Gale Boomerang.

King Boo said:

B: (Thunderhand)- Luigi charges up electricty in his hand, and runs forward with it, similiar to Kakashi Hatake's Chidori from Naruto.

>B: (Green Missile)- May be a copy of Pikachu's Skull Bash, but hey. It makes him stand out from Mario more. The chance of a spontaneous misfire is slightly increased.

vB: (Poltergeist 3000)- Does no damage, but pulls the enemy to Luigi, instead of knocking them back like FLUDD. Allows Luigi to set up combos. Works kind of like Link's Gale Boomerang.

Nice! But how about instead of running with the Thunderhand, he stays in place, charging it, and the longer it's charged, the bigger the shocktastic explosion will be(without damage like Roy) and he can move after it's charged like DK.

I really like the set otherwise. :)

SmashBrother said:
King Boo said:

Nice! But how about instead of running with the Thunderhand, he stays in place, charging it, and the longer it's charged, the bigger the shocktastic explosion will be(without damage like Roy) and he can move after it's charged like DK.

I really like the set otherwise. :)
Meh too.
But, what would Luigi high-jump off of? Didn't he use Mario for that move? :|

Oh yeah he did need to jump off Mario for that one. But when Sonic does his Up B, a Spring just appears out of nowhere. The same can be done for the High Jump.

P.S. My parents are gone! I GET THE WHOLE HOUSE TO MYSELF FOR THE WHOLE MORNING! GOD IM THE LUCKIEST GUY EVA!

Back