Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion

ChaosNinji said:
Master Lucario said:
Meta Knight + Lucario + Sonic = Metal Sonic

I could use Luigi for the L, but Lucario is a Steel type Pokemon, so he makes more sense.

Metal Sonic would, unfortunatly, be a clone. :'(

That's sux!

I've decided to make Ike my third main. I was originally not going to main him, due to me believing the whole "Ike is homosexual" rumor back then. But after hearing his "I fight for my friends." line, I've decided him to make him one of my mains.

I'm gonna go look at an Ike FAQ on Gamefaqs, to learn how to use him better.

Ike and all of us have something in common: We both value the lives of our friends over our own lives.

Master Lucario said:
I've decided to make Ike my third main. I was originally not going to main him, due to me believing the whole "Ike is homosexual" rumor back then. But after hearing his "I fight for my friends." line, I've decided him to make him one of my mains.

Ike and all of us have something in common: We both value the lives of our friends over our own lives.

I main Ike now too.

That is something we all do have in common...

MegaMario9910 said:
Master Lucario said:

I main Ike now too.

Puh-lease. All this sweetness might kill a diabetic.

ChaosNinji said:
MegaMario9910 said:
Master Lucario said:

I main Ike now too.

Puh-lease. All this sweetness might kill a diabetic.

Why?

Mario has been nerfed to epic proportions. F.L.U.D.D. sucks, and is useless. The Mario Tornado was far more effective. Now, the Tornado is his Down Air move. Mario now has only 2 recovery moves, not 3.

Luigi is now completely superior to Mario.

ChaosNinji said:
Master Lucario said:
Meta Knight + Lucario + Sonic = Metal Sonic

I could use Luigi for the L, but Lucario is a Steel type Pokemon, so he makes more sense.

Metal Sonic would, unfortunatly, be a clone. :'(
Not exactly!

B^: Teleport!
B: Machine gun!
B>: Dash!
Bv: Sheild!
FS: Metal Madness!

After reading Ancient Minister's trophy description, I've found an interesting fact.

Ancient Minister (R.O.B.) was once the ruler of the Super Smash Bros. world. The other R.O.B.s were his servants. Then Tabuu comes along, and holds them hostage. The place where they ruled the Smash Bros. world from was turned into the Subspace Bomb Factory. But now that Tabuu is dead, it's safe to assume that Ancient Minister is back to ruling the Smash Bros. world. The characters are now free to fight each other, and revive each other after the fight.

So Master Hand WASN'T the ruler of the Super Smash Bros. world. It was Ancient Minister all along.

Master Lucario said:
After reading Ancient Minister's trophy description, I've found an interesting fact.

Ancient Minister (R.O.B.) was once the ruler of the Super Smash Bros. world. The other R.O.B.s were his servants. Then Tabuu comes along, and holds them hostage. The place where they ruled the Smash Bros. world from was turned into the Subspace Bomb Factory. But now that Tabuu is dead, it's safe to assume that Ancient Minister is back to ruling the Smash Bros. world. The characters are now free to fight each other, and revive each other after the fight.

So Master Hand WASN'T the ruler of the Super Smash Bros. world. It was Ancient Minister all along.

while i gently scream wtf

Cool. So R.O.B. rules the Smash Dimension.

3Dejong said:
Master Lucario said:

Then why didn't AM appear in the first or Melee?

MegaMario9910 said:
3Dejong said:
Master Lucario said:

Because they didn't have stories.

ChaosNinji said:
MegaMario9910 said:
3Dejong said:
Master Lucario said:

Err... never mind.

Btw, the trophy description ML gave was a lie.

Let me go check what it really says...

ChaosNinji said:
MegaMario9910 said:
3Dejong said:
Master Lucario said:

and they shoud've never had one

I've taked a long look at Toon Link and Link, and Toon Link is the better character.

From what I've seen, Toon Link is faster than Link and just as strong.

His Arrows are not as fast as Link's, but they appear to go slightly higher, allowing TL to hit opponents on a slightly higher elevation.

Link's Boomerang is the same, except if it hits on the return, it brings the opponent to Link instead of doing damage. Personally, I prefer damage on the both hits.

The bombs are pretty much the same.

Up B is the same.

Toon Link's Triforce Slash has more range. While Link needs to be right next to his opponent, Toon Link can perform his from about 4 or 5 feet away.

Toon Link is a decendant of Twilight Link, and he stays true to the rule that the younger surpass the elder.

To any who is gonna say Wind Waker came before TP, so therefore Link is a clone of Toon Link, well you're wrong. Twilight Princess takes place before Wind Waker, therefore TL is the clone.

Also: Toon Link is not a clone.

Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
I've been playing with Toon Link for a couple days now, and I've realized something important for everyone to note.

Toon Link is NOT a clone. There is one main reason for this statement:

ALL OF TOON LINK'S IMPORTANT MOVES, ARE THE UNIQUE ONES.

There, I said it. Yes, it's true. Toon Link's most used, important, and best moves are his Bair, Nair, Fair, and Up-smash. It just so happens that these are the unique moves to Toon Link. His F-smash is kinda slow, only used for killer potential later on, and his D-smash has completely different mechanics than Adult Link's.

Brawl Central now tells what stages are legal and which are banned.

I will list each stage with it's status beside it.

Battlefield: Legal
Final Destination: Legal
Delfino Plaza: Counterpick
Luigi's Mansion: Counterpick
Mushroomy Kingdom (Ground): Counterpick
Mushroomy Kingdom (Underground): Counterpick
Mario Circuit: Counterpick
Rumble Falls: Banned
Bridge of Eldin: Counterpick
Pirate Ship: Counterpick
Norfair: Banned
Frigate Orpheon: Counterpick
Yoshi's Island: Legal
Battleship Halberd: Counterpick
Lylat Cruise: Legal
Pokemon Stadium 2: Counterpick
Spear Pillar: Banned
Port Town Aero Drive: Counterpick
Castle Siege: Counterpick
WarioWare: Banned
Distant Planet: Banned
Smashville: Legal
New Pork City: Banned
The Summit: Counterpick
Skyworld: Counterpick
Donkey Kong 75m: Banned
Mario Bros: Banned
Flat Zone 2: Banned
Pictochat: Banned
Hanenbow: Counterpick
Shadow Moses Island: Counterpick
Green Hill Zone: Counterpick
Temple: Banned, just like it was in Melee.
Yoshi's Island (Melee): Counterpick
Jungle Japes: Counterpick
Onett: Counterpick
Corneria: Counterpick
Rainbow Ride: Counterpick
Green Greens: Counterpick
Big Blue: Banned
Brinstar: Counterpick
Pokemon Stadium (Melee): Legal

Stage counterpicking: Another form of counterpicking is stage counterpicking. This is mostly done based on the character that someone has chosen. For example, a Marth player will often pick the small Yoshi's Story (stage) because one of Marth's greatest shortcomings is his inability to fire any projectiles and his defense against them. This small stage will give characters that have projectiles less distance to fire them. This stage also favors non-projectile characters because the platforms are all close together, allowing non-projectile characters to close the gap much easier/faster. This stage also allows Marth to stand on the main platform, and use his forward smash to either side (having the tip of the sword connect with any characters on the bottom two platforms), giving him a huge advantage as the sweetspot of his sword reaches all of the bottom platforms.

Stage counterpicking can also mean that a player will choose a stage that is not suited well for his opponent's character. A good example of this can be seen when a player chooses Mute City when playing against Falco. When the platform is flying through the air, the ledges are not able to be grabbed and coupled with Falco's short-distance Up B move and predictable Forward B, it presents unfavorable conditions for a Falco trying to return to the stage after being knocked off.

So anything that is says legal or counterpick is legal, but if it has banned by it, it's banned.

No, a tier doesn't exist yet. We can't have a tier until an official brawl tournament is held.

I do agree with their stage bans though. Temple and New Pork City are way too big. The other banned stages are too gimmicky for serious play.

Master Lucario said:
No, a tier doesn't exist yet. We can't have a tier until an official brawl tournament is held.

I do agree with their stage bans though. Temple and New Pork City are way too big. The other banned stages are too gimmicky for serious play.
da tournament that happened here, a Marth player won (of course, the other was using mario ¬¬)

Wow. Jigglypuff sucks in this game. She's not the 10th best character anymore. She is now unusable. Don't even bother.

Fox is still good, but Brawl is more power-based. Wolf > Falco > Fox

And the official Brawl tier list will take years to complete. But we can already predict the tier list.

Back