Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion

Storm Yoshi said:
Pokemon DP said:
McDimentio said:
Orgrim Banhammer said:
Master Lucario said:
Pokemon DP said:
How is Toon Link? Is he good, or bad? :-\

Good. He's better than Link. MUCH better. Toon Link has better arrows, his bombs have wider range, his Boomerang is better. He's faster. He's hardly a clone at all, because his important moves are unique, which are his, Dair, Bair, Nair, and Up Smash.

Sheesh. I'm tired of you saying clones aren't clones. THE DEFINITION OF A CLONE IS SOMEONE WITH THE SAME SPECIAL MOVES.

what isn't toon link case
Huh?

Uh... what the heck does "what isn't toon link case" mean?

A "clone" is an exact copy, with no differences. Link and Toon Link have differences. That he's trying to say. If it has a different effect, then it's not the same move. Just because a move looks the same doesn't mean it is the same.

Master Lucario said:
A "clone" is an exact copy, with no differences. Link and Toon Link have differences. That he's trying to say. If it has a different effect, then it's not the same move. Just because a move looks the same doesn't mean it is the same.

Like TL faster & doesn't have the same bow & arrows!

MegaMario9910 said:
Master Lucario said:

Well, then. Roy is not a clone of Marth. Neither was Falco in Melee. In fact, there were no clones period, using your logic, which happens to be faulty.

McDimentio said:
Falco and Roy had the same moves of marth and fox
btw, I don't think Roy is a clone of marth ;/

Falco was a tad slower than Fox, & Roy wasn't. He had majorly different attacks.

Orgrim Banhammer said:
MegaMario9910 said:
Master Lucario said:

Well, then. Roy is not a clone of Marth. Neither was Falco in Melee. In fact, there were no clones period, using your logic, which happens to be faulty.

I can see that...

Falco's Blaster is majorly different. It does more damage, and causes knockback, but is not rapidfire like Fox's.

Also: The only clone that was better than the original was Dr. Mario.

Master Lucario said:
Falco's Blaster is majorly different. It does more damage, and causes knockback, but is not rapidfire like Fox's.

Also: The only clone that was better than the original was Dr. Mario.

Yeah...

I like balanced characters, but they don't have much features. Mario is balanced. Dr. Mario isn't.

Gimpyfish, a professional at Melee, who mained Bowser, Ganondorf, and Kirby, has made his own tier list. His mains in Brawl are Bowser, and Meta Knight. His tier fucking sucks.

Gimpyfish said:
i just typed out a big thing and it got lost, so i'm very quickly writting this.

i have lots of tiers. tiers are closer together, but i still thought some extra seperation was good between a few groups (because there are so many characters)

the characters are moderately arranged within the tier, but its really close between characters in the same tier.

S Tier
Toon Link
Pit
GW
Meta

A Tier
Rob
Marth
Snake
Zero Suit Samus
Diddy

B Tier
Dedede
Luigi
Zelda
Lucas
Olimar
Kirby
DK
Ike

C Tier
Falco
Wario
Samus
Mario
Fox
Peach
Pikachu

D Tier
Sheik
Wolf
Link
Trainer

F Tier
Bowser
Ness
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Yoshi
Ganon
C. Falcon
IC
Sonic

questions gladly accepted.

i didn't want to post tiers so soon, but whats the harm in posting a little list eh?

That list made me lose all respect I had for Gimpy.

Go die in Bowser's fire, Gimpy.

Longhorn of GameFAQs made a tier list.

Top Tier:
Snake
Meta Knight
Falco
R.O.B.
Marth
Toon Link

High Tier:
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Diddy Kong
Pit
Zelda
Fox
Olimar
Pikachu
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
Ness
Lucas

Mid Tier:
Pokemon Trainer
Kirby
Lucario
Luigi
Wario
Sheik
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Mario
lke

Low tier :
Sonic
Yoshi
Peach
Link
Samus
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

I might need to modify this a bit.

Top Tier:
Wolf
Toon Link
Marth
Snake

High Tier:
King Dedede
Meta Knight
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
Fox
Diddy Kong
Pit
Zelda
Olimar
Sheik
Falco
Pikachu
Zero Suit Samus
Lucas
Ness

Mid Tier:
Lucario
Sonic
Ike
Kirby
Pokemon Trainer
Luigi
Sheik
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Mario

Low tier :
Yoshi
Peach
Link
Samus
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Wario

Mine is how I think the final one will look.

Discuss.

Here's a list of characters I use often(No particular order):

*Wolf
*Ike
*Mario
*C. Falcon
*Sonic

-- I'm still probably best with Mario and Wolf though. Ike is a bit too risky when going against fast characters.

Orgrim Banhammer said:
Ike > Marth. He should be top tier, not Marth.

That's your opinion. Marth has won more often in tournaments which means he's better.

Also, the character with the most wins is Snake, so as of now, he is the best character, with Meta Knight coming right after him.

Master Lucario said:
Orgrim Banhammer said:
Ike > Marth. He should be top tier, not Marth.

That's your opinion. Marth has won more often in tournaments which means he's better.

... :rolleyes:. No, it means that more players play as Marth. Simple as that.

For me, Marth > Ike.

Simply because I'm a speed player, not power. Power is awesome, but not for me. I can PWN anyone with speed! ;D

Sonic will be one of my bests... Hopefully. :-\

I seriously have not seen her/him ONCE. I've seen mew at least ten times, but NO MANAPHY. Is it really in the game? (maybe they forgot to put it in the american versions... lol those racists)

But really, have you seen it? Discuss

ShyGuy27 said:
Ever hear of the Brawl thread?
Wut, no, but I do realize I should have made this in the Console gaming board. :/

Why does manaphy hate my wii?

I haven't seen him either, but then again, I don't use Pokeballs much.

Knife said:
I haven't seen him either, but then again, I don't use Pokeballs much.
^Another thing me and Knife have in common...

Anyway, I don't really use pokeballs that much either, but my friend does, and there have been countless brawls where the only item available was pokeballs(the item appearance was on very high), but STILL NO MANAPHY. Like, we saw Mew twice in the same brawl(that's a lot of pokeballs), but no manaphy! Arrgh...

Back