The Official Mega Man Thread

Any of you heard of megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch? It's like Doom but Megaman styled. I wish someone would do a tour thing of all the stages since their very creative but I suck to much to get them. Bubble Man's stage looks great. The nets and water leakages make it look awesome.

I've played it. It's alright. Not much on FPS games, it doesn't really matter what skin you put on it.

Also, I'd like to wish the Mega Man franchise a happy 24th anniversary! I know it's been a really rough year, but things can only get better from here right? [/hopelessly optimistic]

Time to marathon every game I own. :D

I really liked it, the levels are what got me interested, they start out generic but then they get bigger and more complex and fun. I hosted my own server and chose levels I hadnt played to have a play around in them.

I was thinking about posting this, but it looks like you beat me to it. Also, you gotta love the X4 reference at the end:

"WHAT AM I RIDING FOOOOOOOOOR!?"

video of Green Biker Dude fangame

The actual game doesn't look very fun, but that ending made me laugh for like five minutes. It's glorious.

http://king-soukutu.com/flash/rokko.html

This is very well made, despite the fact you have to play it with a keyboard. Be warned: the bosses don't fuck around. I've only been able to beat Volcano Man thus far.

That is quite possibly the best fangame I've ever seen, although I haven't played many fangames.

Seriously, none of my many deaths felt cheap, which is unusual for fangames...

That was a very satisfying experience, I must say. The stage design was good. Each one had something unique about it that mixed up the gameplay a little. I especially liked going through Jet Man's stage. That section at the end is just..... YEAH! The music's great, the fortress bosses are fun to fight, and it has Ride Armors from the X series on the 3rd fortress stage.
thumbup.gif

10/10 will play again

I played that game yesterday. It's definitely pretty good for the most part, but the horrible controls have completely killed the game for me.

Quick Man said:
Nice! How'd you get it for free?
My brother was getting games there because he had gift cards for the holidays. Gamestop was running a "Buy two used games, get one free" deal, and he let me pick the free one.

Solar Blaze said:
I played that game yesterday. It's definitely pretty good for the most part, but the horrible controls have completely killed the game for me.
About this post? Disregard it. I just found out that there's a way to customize the controls in the options (which, strangely, wasn't there the last time I checked), and I was able to change them to my liking. About fifteen minutes ago, picked up where I left off earlier (via the password function, of course), played through the Wily Mad Castle, and completed the game.

I think Rokko Chan could definitely pass off as Mega Man 11 with the following changes:

-Replace the characters with the Mega Man series cast.
-Change the storyline (since it's similar to Mega Man 1's).
-Modify the jump height, so that it's more like Mega Man's.
-Remove the dash (if they'd go the Mega Man 9 and 10 route, of course).
-Add bolts, the shop, M-Tanks, W-Tanks, etc.
-Add Proto Man and Bass.
-Add the Rush, Proto, and Treble Adapters.
-Add two more Robot Masters and special weapons.
-Downloadable content (which includes Duo as a playable character).

Then, it would be all set.

I found Hockey Man's attack pattern easiest to read, making him my choice to beat first.

I just picked him as the first boss to beat as he was on the top left corner of the screen, just as Cut Man was.

Since we're still talking about Rokko Chan, I'll just leave this here:

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/01/07/get-the-official-rokko-chan-soundtrack/

1327626162004.jpg

I'm not gonna lie. I think it's hilarious. I really do. But the timing on this is just terrible.

Solar Blaze said:
Solar Blaze said:
About this post? Disregard it. I just found out that there's a way to customize the controls in the options (which, strangely, wasn't there the last time I checked), and I was able to change them to my liking. About fifteen minutes ago, picked up where I left off earlier (via the password function, of course), played through the Wily Mad Castle, and completed the game.

I think Rokko Chan could definitely pass off as Mega Man 11 with the following changes:

-Replace the characters with the Mega Man series cast.
-Change the storyline (since it's similar to Mega Man 1's).
-Modify the jump height, so that it's more like Mega Man's.
-Remove the dash (if they'd go the Mega Man 9 and 10 route, of course).
-Add bolts, the shop, M-Tanks, W-Tanks, etc.
-Add Proto Man and Bass.
-Add the Rush, Proto, and Treble Adapters.
-Add two more Robot Masters and special weapons.
-Downloadable content (which includes Duo as a playable character).

Then, it would be all set.
This is old but I just noticed it now so please forgive my tardiness making fun of it.

ahem

"This game could easily pass off as Megaman 11 if you changed the story, characters, and gameplay!"

'3K said:
But the timing on this is just terrible.
Yeah, but supposedly, this feature was already planned before Universe and Legends 3 were canceled.

As for me, I have mixed feelings about this. While I think it would have been better if they used the real Mega Man design, I still think he looks fun to play as, from what I've seen in a couple of videos.

I'm pretty sure that dark silhouette that grabbed Wily was Bass. This looks pretty awesome, I must say.

I believe that Keiji Inuaue (or however you spell that), the creator of Mega Man, said that his favorite Robot Master was Elec Man, and that his least favorite was Metal Man.

Back