The Official Mega Man Thread

Waffleraven497

Black Hole Bomber
Banned User
The thread to talk anything Mega man.

Well, for me

I've played Mega Mans 1-7, and 10

My favs are 3,4, 5, and 7.

Best Robot Master is Magnet Man, with Pharoah Man and Slash Man in a close second

Proto Man> Mega man>Bass

Dr Cossack> Dr Wily

So... yeah.
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
I've only ever really gotten into Megaman 2 because it's the only (possible) one where the weakness system makes sense without looking at GameFAQs. And I didn't play that one much either cause I was shit at it.
 

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
I got into the Classic series pretty late compared to most people. I didn't quite grow up with this series the same way as I did with the Mario series, Sonic series, and a few others. It wasn't until about nine years ago that I got into the series, starting with Mega Man X5 for the Playstation. The first games in the Classic series that I played, were Mega Man 7 and Mega Man & Bass, through a Super Nintendo emulator. Not very long after that, I downloaded the six NES games and tried those, as well. Believe it or not, Mega Man 2 was once my favorite game in the series, alongside Mega Man 7 and Mega Man & Bass.

It wasn't until two years ago, during Mega Man 9's release, that I became so biased against it. Especially after reading this interview. In my eyes, that interview, in a nutshell, was "If it wasn't in Mega Man 2, then it never existed." I just hated how they removed the charge and slide abilities in Mega Man 9, claiming that they were "unnecessary", despite the fact that they've been established in the series for over ten years. Oh, and don't even get me started on their blatant disregard for Bass in that game.
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
super-electronic magnet man bzzzzz said:
The thread to talk anything Mega man.

Well, for me

I've played Mega Mans 1-7, and 10

My favs are 3,4, 5, and 7.

Best Robot Master is Magnet Man, with Pharoah Man and Slash Man in a close second

Proto Man> Mega man>Bass

Dr Cossack> Dr Wily

So... yeah.
You forgot
Punk > Ballade > Enker > everyone else > Quint
 

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Prince Bowser Jr. said:
super-electronic magnet man bzzzzz said:
The thread to talk anything Mega man.

Well, for me

I've played Mega Mans 1-7, and 10

My favs are 3,4, 5, and 7.

Best Robot Master is Magnet Man, with Pharoah Man and Slash Man in a close second

Proto Man> Mega man>Bass

Dr Cossack> Dr Wily

So... yeah.
You forgot
Punk > Ballade > Enker > everyone else > Quint
DUDE!

BASS.
 

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
Exactly. It's actually:

Bass > Proto Man > Mega Man

At least that's what I think.
 

Jesus Freak

King Bowser
I've played MM3. Once. It was amazing, though.

I'd download a ROM of one of the games but I'm too lazy to find one :P
 

RealMenOfGenius

86 Years Of Greatness.
All I've gotten to play was Deathmatch, but so far Fire Man is my favorite.
 

Waffleraven497

Black Hole Bomber
Banned User
Link said:
I've played MM3. Once. It was amazing, though.

I'd download a ROM of one of the games but I'm too lazy to find one :P
I believe Enusayluen has them.

Also Bass is a big bull headed idiot who veryone likesbecause he's strong. Sure, he's cool, but Proto man FtW. Also MM6 sucks an I find Plant Man unattractive.

Mr. X ftw
 

Waffleraven497

Black Hole Bomber
Banned User
Zoycite said:
What's so bad about Mega Man 6?
tbh I just didn't like it. I found the storyline stupid and the Robot Master designs and music silly. MM1 was even better IMO.
 

Parakarrygun88

get some!
I just downloaded Mega man 2 a few weeks ago, wow. This game rocks. The music in the game inspired me to try to play it on my guitar, it sounds like eighties heavy metal solos stringed together. I'm glad I decided to give the series a try.

Airman rocks.
 

unit4545

King Bowser
I have the mega man anniversary collection. It has the first 8 games, plus 2 secret ones.

Makes me ashamed that I still have Mega Man 3 on virtual console.
 

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
It's nothing to be ashamed of. I happen to have Mega Man 3 on the Virtual Console, as well. The only reason I downloaded that, despite having Anniversary Collection (as well as the ROM itself), is because there was once a limited-time offer, where anyone who paid for the Internet Channel, could get a free NES game of their choosing.
 

unit4545

King Bowser
Zoycite said:
It's nothing to be ashamed of. I happen to have Mega Man 3 on the Virtual Console, as well. The only reason I downloaded that, despite having Anniversary Collection (as well as the ROM itself), is because there was once a limited-time offer, where anyone who paid for the Internet Channel, could get a free NES game of their choosing.
Darn it! I wish i had that offer when i downloaded it!
 

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
Mega Man X3 is my favorite of the SNES games. As for the Playstation games, I'd probably have to say X5. I've never played anything beyond X6.
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
X7 is "meh" at best. Not to mention X becomes a hyper pacifist.

X8 on the other hand is great. It also has the best soundtrack in the series, imo.
 

MrConcreteDonkey

Noisemaster
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
I HAVE NO MEGA MAN GAMES :D

I REALLY NEED TO GET SOME

I have MM8BDM but that isn't made by Capcom
 

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
As I've stated at other places, I just don't know what to say, here. I remember Inafune saying that he was thinking about quitting, but I wasn't sure whether or not he was actually going to through with it, or at least so soon. I thought that time was going to come much later, but I guess I was wrong.
 

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Bad news aside, I just beat my copy of MegaMan 10.

I must say, I really like it. The boss music was much better in this game, but the final boss music was pretty crap compared to MM9.

Favorite Robot Master: Strike Man (I dunno why, he seems to be one of the more original ones)
Favorite Weapon: Triple Blade
Last Fave Robot Master: Chill Man (I just hated him)
Least Fave Weapon: Solar Blaze (No, offense SB :P. This weapon seemed to be the most useless of them)
 
Top