whats your pokemon party

The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense said:
Would Togekiss be a good Pokemon to use?

I'm thinking of teaching it:

Aura Sphere
Magical Leaf (as a Togetic)
Hyper Beam
Fly
Great idea, however Togekiss is somewhat easy to KO, so I suggest you add a HP healing move, like Wish.

Roserade said:

Aura Sphere
Hyper Beam
Fly
Great idea, however Togekiss is somewhat easy to KO, so I suggest you add a HP healing move, like Wish.
Togekiss has high HP, low defense. And sometimes wish hurts the opponent.

Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
Roserade said:

Aura Sphere
Hyper Beam
Fly
Togekiss has high HP, low defense. And sometimes wish hurts the opponent.
Why do I need to know this?

Here's my preference for it:

Metronome
Aura Sphere
Wish
Protect

Togekiss is better a defensive Pokemon than an offensive.

Roserade said:

Metronome
Aura Sphere
Wish
Protect

Blissey is a much better defensive Pokemon though.

Also, what's the point of Protect if you're not going to turn-stall them?

Blastoise said:
Roserade said:

Metronome
Aura Sphere
Wish
Protect

Blissey is a much better defensive Pokemon though.

Also, what's the point of Protect if you're not going to turn-stall them?
Yes, completely true.

However, if you keep your Pokemon alive, you'll win.

Blissey's Wish is more effective in Gen V because Wish restores half of Blissey's health to whoever it affects.

Also, to keep your Blissey alive... switch out? Blissey has no trouble tanking special attacks, and there are plenty of other moves that are more useful than Protect. Just switch if there's a physical hitter coming.

Is this a good move set for Infrenape:

Mach Punch
Blast Burn
Grass Knot
Dig

I have enough athlete points to afford a shiny stone to evolve Togetic, but it's not available at the prize exchange despite bulbapedia saying its available on Sunday.

Roserade said:

Mach Punch
Blast Burn
Grass Knot
Dig

What are you using it for?

Aura Sphere
Hyper Beam
Fly

While Togekiss is faster than its pre-evolutions, it's not super fast. Of course, its defenses are around average, and its Special Attack is high. Its Attack stat is still quite low though, so giving it physical attacks really isn't the best move, unless you want to utilize the Hustle ability.

Anyway, because it has access to Serene Grace, Togekiss can heavily abuse Air Slash if it has enough speed; its speed can be as high as 426 with the Choice Scarf. It also has access to Aura Sphere, which can counter the Rock-types, but mostly the ones with low Special Defense stats.

Xyresic said:
Roserade said:

Mach Punch
Blast Burn
Grass Knot
Dig

What are you using it for?
I have Pokemon Pearl, and eventually I want to send my Infernape to White 2.

MnSG said:

Aura Sphere
Hyper Beam
Fly

While Togekiss is faster than its pre-evolutions, it's not super fast. Of course, its defenses are around average, and its Special Attack is high. Its Attack stat is still quite low though, so giving it physical attacks really isn't the best move, unless you want to utilize the Hustle ability.

Anyway, because it has access to Serene Grace, Togekiss can heavily abuse Air Slash if it has enough speed; its speed can be as high as 426 with the Choice Scarf. It also has access to Aura Sphere, which can counter the Rock-types, but mostly the ones with low Special Defense stats.

I decided to forget Togekiss and use Miltank instead. Thanks anyway MnSG

MnSG said:

Aura Sphere
Hyper Beam
Fly

Miltank...

With him, he has slow speed and a heavy weight, so use attacks that hurt the opponent and revolve around weight.

Roserade said:
MnSG said:

Aura Sphere
Hyper Beam
Fly

Miltank...

With him, he has slow speed and a heavy weight, so use attacks that hurt the opponent and revolve around weight.
miltank can,t be male

You are underestimating Miltank's speed there Roserade. It actually has the same base Speed as Charizard, though its offensive stats aren't all that impressive.

MnSG said:
You are underestimating Miltank's speed there Roserade. It actually has the same base Speed as Charizard, though its offensive stats aren't all that impressive.
Really? Dang.

Still, do what I said, Little Traitor Dudes.

So I just was messing around with the game in the very beginning and thought... hmm why not make a pure offensive team!? Note the EVs seen below or the general idea of them are nothing more than ideas.

So here it is:

596.gif

Leia the Galvantula

Level: 58

Ability: Compound Eyes

Nature: Timid

Move Set:
Thunder
Signal Beam
Energy Ball
Discharge(filler)

EVs: Special attack and Speed.

609.gif

Lucca the Chandelure

Level: 53

Ability: Flame body

Nature: Modest

Move set:
Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Pain Split

Evs: Special attack and Speed.

184.gif

Falkis the Azumarill

Level: 53

Ability: Huge Power

Nature: Adament

Moveset:
Aqua Tail
Super Power
Ice Punch
Surf(forced)

EVs: Attack and HP

169.gif

Velxis the Crobat

Level: 50

Ability: Inner Focus

Nature: Jolly

Moveset:
Fly(forced)
Roost
Super Fang
Cross poison

EVs: Speed and Attack

Note: this is due to change, since this is just an idea.

407f.gif

Nina the Roserade

Level: 50

Ability: Natural Cure

Nature: Mild(woops!)

Moveset:
Petal Dance
Giga Drain
Toxic
VenoShock

EVs: Special Attack and Speed

448.gif

Jin the Lucario

Level: 51

Ability: Steadfast

Nature: Naughty(woops!)

Moveset:
Drain Punch
Shadow Claw
Bone Rush
Swords Dance

EVs: not sure atm.

Now to the fun part, I'm not entirely sure on Lucario, since I've used him so many times before I'm not sure I want to keep him. While he is good, I think I'd rather have someone else.

Such as Aggron or Heracross

Aggron because I love the dude and never got to test out rock head and head smash, plus great physical abilities.

Heracross for great attack, great typing combination, as well as guts. Plus I have a toxic orb so I could use that on him.

So with that in mind, any suggestions?

Looking out mainly for just hard hitting or balanced physical and special attackers.

Head Smash is an Egg Move for Aggron though, so you won't be able to get one with that attack in the main story, except by trading.

MnSG said:
Head Smash is an Egg Move for Aggron though, so you won't be able to get one with that attack in the main story, except by trading.

well you can't get aggron in the main story anyway.

So I was gonna wait til' then.

Zae said:
MnSG said:

Yes you can. Aron is in Mistralton Cave, you can go there after doing the PWT story stuff, since Cheren gives you Surf.

Crackin355 said:
Zae said:
MnSG said:

Yes you can. Aron is in Mistralton Cave, you can go there after doing the PWT story stuff, since Cheren gives you Surf.

Welp, didn't know that.

Oh well.

I can't be stuffed posting all the details considering I'm not done half-assedly min-maxing all my mons, but I train Krookodile, Vanilluxe, Chandelure, Reuniclus, Galvantula, Ferrothorn, Mienshao, Carracosta, Braviary, Garbodor, and Haxorus.

Started Pokemon Yellow again. Got a Nidoran-M for my team after realizing I couldn't get Jynx in the game. Named him Zynx to remind me of it. Named my Pikachu; Thunder. Have a game plan for my team, Pikachu is kind of useless, but I'll keep him for electric attacks anyway.

Team:
PIKACHU [Thunder] Lv12
NIDORAN-M [Zynx] Lv14

I started playing it because someone at school mentioned it and I remembered it was really fun.

So in progress of completely rebuilding of my team, aside from Galvantula.

Right now it's: Virizion, Empoleon, Aerodactyl, Medicham, and Gardevoir.

Will be posting specifics later.

Back