whats your pokemon party

Crackin355 said:
Btw, if anybody wants to tutor moves but doesn't have enough shards, I figured out two ways.
The fast, expensive way: Buy a *bleep* ton of Max Repels and run around inside Relic Passage and get them from dust clouds.
The slow way: Go to the PWT, go into a match and forfeit it straight away. You get one shard as a consolation prize.

You can also use the Pokemon Dream Radar to get shard colors, though you can only hold up to 10 per color.

In terms of the dust clouds, Max Repels won't exactly keep the Drilbur, Excadrill, and Onix away. In fact, you're more prone to get gems instead of shards that way.

MnSG said:
Crackin355 said:
Btw, if anybody wants to tutor moves but doesn't have enough shards, I figured out two ways.
The fast, expensive way: Buy a *bleep* ton of Max Repels and run around inside Relic Passage and get them from dust clouds.
The slow way: Go to the PWT, go into a match and forfeit it straight away. You get one shard as a consolation prize.

You can also use the Pokemon Dream Radar to get shard colors, though you can only hold up to 10 per color.

In terms of the dust clouds, Max Repels won't exactly keep the Drilbur, Excadrill, and Onix away. In fact, you're more prone to get gems instead of shards that way.

Relic Passage Dustclouds never give gems, only shards. The opposite goes for Chargestone Cave. Sure it doesn't keep Dribur and Onix away (As far as I know, Excadrill doesn't appear in there), but it's a lot faster than 2 minutes per shard. Plus, you get EXP out of it.

Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
I had a huge team up but chrome crashed. darn you ipad

That's why I never use my iPad for writing long things. it really is a pain in the ass.

Also, I won't post my team tonight because this is the first time its taken me longer than a day to get my next badge. I'm at the Celestial Tower, tomorrow I'll get Route 7's Pokemon, then the towers and finally go back and take out Skyla. Also, if one of your Pokemon has the static ability, searching for Tynamo is a breeze in Chargestone. I will say this though, my 'mons are Lv40.

Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
yeah ok. I can beat everyone on clay's team but his exadrill. ITS SO FAST FOR SUCH A FAT POKÉMON

Excadrill's base speed is only 88, so it's not exactly super fast without Sand Rush.

Sorry about the double post, but I need help.

What would do more damage, Fire Punch or Flamethrower?(204 ATK, 118 Sp.ATK)

EDIT: Nevermind, Fire punch does more.

Dr. Turnip said:
Sorry about the double post, but I need help.

What would do more damage, Fire Punch or Flamethrower?(204 ATK, 118 Sp.ATK)

EDIT: Nevermind, Fire punch does more.

Fire Punch is a physical attack, while Flamethrower is a special attack. For a Pokemon such as Darmanitan, it'll get way more out of Fire Punch, as its attack stat is much higher than its special attack stat (unless it's in Zen Mode, where the attack and special attack stats are swapped).

The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense said:
Time Turner said:

I suggest you get a different flying type. Trust me, I've used Swellow a lot and it's been underwhelming.

Swellow can actually be quite dangerous when you take into account its Guts ability. Add that with Brave Bird and Facade, and it can deal some heavy damage to anything that doesn't resist either of those attacks.

MnSG said:
The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense said:
Time Turner said:

I suggest you get a different flying type. Trust me, I've used Swellow a lot and it's been underwhelming.

Swellow can actually be quite dangerous when you take into account its Guts ability. Add that with Brave Bird and Facade, and it can deal some heavy damage to anything that doesn't resist either of those attacks.

Flame orb swellow is a monster.

OT: Currently running and destroyed black 2 with:

Therian Thunderus
Haxorus
Walrein
Tyranitar
Metagross
Emboar

Haxorus is one point faster than h-gon, and allows it to clean it up pretty quickly with outrage, Tyran and meta are 600's, and I was really happy when they became native to regional dex, and Therian Thunderus is basically a jolteon on steriods.

You've been taking advice from Smogon, right? Because you sound like you have.

p.s. beat marlon, i'm thinking about evolving my lampent now

Gir said:
You've been taking advice from Smogon, right? Because you sound like you have.

p.s. beat marlon, i'm thinking about evolving my lampent now

A little. That and I spent an afternoon watching a guy play comp pokemon.
Then I ev trained an absol, and found out that my shiny ray-q had crappy IV's.
Then I decided that it wasn't worth it and I didn't want to buy another copy of white to AR and play competitively.

So here I am just thrashing the pokemon games because it's fun.
As for tyranitar...he's been with me for a very long time.

Evolving lampent isn't too necessary, depending on the rest of your team.
Fire is only needed if you're playing black or white.

Xyresic said:
i'm playing b2w2, and lampent is the only fire type i have

and according to bulbapedia, i was stupid enough to miss the shadow ball tm so i'll evolve my lampent and go back and get shadow ball

in case you're curious, the tm is behind the stange house right by reversal mountain

Gir said:
Xyresic said:

and according to bulbapedia, i was stupid enough to miss the shadow ball tm so i'll evolve my lampent and go back and get shadow ball

in case you're curious, the tm is behind the stange house right by reversal mountain

Then...fire isn't really too important, save for tanks like skarmory and perhaps pkmn trainer colress.
If you plan on using it for the ghost/psy part of the league, you need to evolve it, or badness will happen.

Xyresic said:
Gir said:
Xyresic said:

Then...fire isn't really too important, save for tanks like skarmory and perhaps pkmn trainer colress.
If you plan on using it for the ghost/psy part of the league, you need to evolve it, or badness will happen.

Using Zwelious=Huge mistake

Hey, so I beat Skyla pretty easily just now, I have to be fast so I'll write comments and such later on.

Rio the Lucario
448.gif

Level 42
448.png
(Male)
Lonely Nature
10/22/2012
Floccesy Ranch
Met at Lv. 5
Highly Curious
Exp. Points: 66899
To Next Lv.: 4934

Item:
Bag_Expert_Belt_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Punch
-Force Palm
-Bone Rush

Stats:
HP: 119 [+16]
ATK: 121 [+19]
DEF: 63 [+9]
SP. ATK: 111 [+16]
SP. DEF: 68 [+9]
SPD: 91 [+14]
Ability: Steadfast

Comments: So, I taught Lucario Dark Pulse with a Heart Scale, he has a varied move set now. Teaching him Ice Punch was a good move, everyone should do it if they're lacking an Ice move. I gave him the Expert Belt because he has a good variety of super effective moves to counter other mons.

Michael the Electabuzz
125.gif

Level 42
125.png
(Male)
Hardy Nature
10/23/2012
Virbank Complex
Met at Lv. 10
Loves to Eat
Exp. Points: 76284
To Next Lv.: 3223

Item:
Bag_Scope_Lens_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Return
-Discharge
-Thunder Wave
-Fire Punch

Stats:
HP: 128 [+18]
ATK: 86 [+13]
DEF: 55 [+7]
SP. ATK: 92 [+14]
SP. DEF: 80 [+11]
SPD: 105 [+16]
Ability: Static

Comments: Michael's speed has been a let down, considering Zoroark is now faster. Fire Punch is weak, Return is weak, overall Electabuzz needs to evolve soon, but he won't until the E4. I don't have Electrizer's in any of my other games either, so I'm screwed.

Jordan the Vaporeon
134.gif

Level 42
134.png
(Male)
Naive Nature
10/24/2012
Castelia City
Met at Lv. 19
A little quick tempered
Exp. Points: 75120
To Next Lv.: 4387

Item:
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Surf
-Aurora Beam
-Signal Beam
-Last Resort

Stats:
HP: 169 [+23]
ATK: 77 [+13]
DEF: 62 [+9]
SP. ATK: 104 [+15]
SP. DEF: 81 [+11]
SPD: 72 [+11]
Ability: Water Absorb

Comments: Now that Jordan has some moves, along with a good water move (Water Gun was shit), he can actually help. I plan on getting rid of Last Resort sometime soon. Also, the order of names go 'Michael, Jordan'. Put em together, I swear it was not intentional.

Victoria the Darmanitan
555.gif

Level 42
555.png
(Female)
Adamant Nature
10/24/2012
Route 4
Met at Lv. 16
Often scatters things
Exp. Points: 70992
To Next Lv.: 841

Item:
Bag_Shell_Bell_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Hammer Arm
-Thrash
-Flare Blitz
-Rock Slide

Stats:
HP: 155 [+21]
ATK: 151 [+25]
DEF: 58 [+9]
SP. ATK: 36 [+6]
SP. DEF: 57 [+8]
SPD: 101 [+15]
Ability: Sheer Force

Comments: This girl is still a beast. She is the strongest on the team and pretty much everyone of her moves end with a OHKO, excluding Rock Slide. Also, she's the only female on the team. I got rid of strength because it really was quite shit.

Seamus the Vibrava
329.gif

Level 41
329.png
(Male)
Hasty Nature
10/25/2012
Desert Resort
Met at Lv. 21
Alert to Sounds
Exp. Points: 66031
To Next Lv.: 474

Item:
Bag_BrightPowder_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Fly
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Earth Power

Stats:
HP: 96 [+11]
ATK: 79 [+11]
DEF: 54 [+11]
SP. ATK: 60 [+7]
SP. DEF: 46 [+5]
SPD: 92 [+13]
Ability: Levitate

Comments: Even though every one of his stats are under 100, he's still pretty strong. I don't even notice that he's weak because... Well, he's not. He dishes out a lot of damage. Can't wait until he evolves one last time. Also, funny thing, I was watching the creature stream this morning while using him, and when I switched out, the stream screwed up. What a coincidence.

Zoroark
571.gif

Level 41
571.png
(Male)
Hasty Nature
10/26/2012
Driftveil City
This Pokemon was apparently friends with a certain Trainer
Proud of its power
Exp. Points: 61857
To Next Lv.: 4648

Item:
Bag_Rocky_Helmet_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Fury Swipes
-Night Slash
-Dig
-Foul Play

Stats:
HP: 113 [+15]
ATK: 106 [+16]
DEF: 61 [+9]
SP. ATK: 116 [+16]
SP. DEF: 66 [+9]
SPD: 115 [+16]
Ability: Illusion

Comments: This guy is still pretty strong, but I haven't taught him any new moves since last time. I knew he had a crappy move set but this is ridiculous. I need some good TM's, pronto.

Okay, cool, I'll edit it later with comments.

EDIT: done. Anything I should change or consider for next time I play (sometime soon)

Double EDIT: I probably also won't be posting my team tonight, probably tomorrow night. Currently, my mons are Lv47, and I'm just starting to explore Route 13. Does anybody recall what level they were around that time, just for comparison to see how much I've over leveled/under leveled.

Around 47 at Route 13 may be just a bit over leveled, unless you think that Drayden is going to give you tons of trouble, which he shouldn't.

Back