whats your pokemon party

I really hate to double post, but it doesn't seem like this topic gets much attention so im just gonna double post, hope that's okay.

Alright guys list a good physical attacker, that also has decent speed, and not weak to fire.

Still working on my team but I can't seem to really think of anything that goes with that.

I was going to put leafeon or mamoswine on my team, but with galvantula and virizion, that would leave half my team weak to fire, i'd rather not do that.

So yeah suggestions would be nice, and please no ubers.

Hey, guess what. Maybe we're WORKING on our parties. Like my FUCKING HYDREIGON.

Joltik said:
Alright guys list a good physical attacker, that also has decent speed, and not weak to fire.

Still working on my team but I can't seem to really think of anything that goes with that.

I was going to put leafeon or mamoswine on my team, but with galvantula and virizion, that would leave half my team weak to fire, i'd rather not do that.

Arcanine and Houndoom are good mixed attackers I'm forgot about Houndoom's speed though and they're not weak to fire since they ARE fire. :P Hope it helps.

Oh and Pyro,

Aerodactyl comes to mind if you want a fast physical attacker who isn't weak against Fire. Of course, its defenses aren't exactly strong.

MnSG said:
Aerodactyl comes to mind if you want a fast physical attacker who isn't weak against Fire. Of course, its defenses aren't exactly strong.

Yeah i was using it but it takes huge amounts of damage from about everything, even resisted hits.

I would've also suggested Garchomp, but apparently some people find it to be too uber. I guess you could resort to using Salamence, as its Intimidate ability can hinder some physical attackers, and it has good Attack and Speed stats. Of course, Salamence is also usable as a special attacker.

The downside, however, is its serious weakness to Ice-type attacks.

Joltik said:
MnSG said:

Yeah i was using it but it takes huge amounts of damage from about everything, even resisted hits.
up its speed to make sure you get the first attack, that should guarantee a victory even with a lower level aerodactyl

Pokémon Trainer Michell said:
Joltik said:
MnSG said:

up its speed to make sure you get the first attack, that should guarantee a victory even with a lower level aerodactyl

don't matter much since it wont be able to ohko everything, plus priority attacks.

Typing is also pretty crappy and is too frail to use roost. Plus its attack is average at best anyway, so even with high speed, doesn't mean it will win.

I may get a staraptor anyway, has stronger moves and way more attack and luckily its speed is still good.

Plus im reforming my team anyway so now i can afford a physical attacker that is weak to fire(plus i have two pokes that are resistant to fire as well).

I'm also experimenting with simipour, its also frail but has access to nasty plot but I'm pretty sure there are better nasty plot users.

Although gotta admit: ice beam, surf, and grass knot is some seriously good coverage.

I just use the Poke'mon I like the best and try to cover for their weaknesses best I can, plus I tend to level up my Poke'mon to the point of over powering them, IE having a level 26 tranquil when I hadn't even reached gym two yet :P

Joltik said:
I really hate to double post, but it doesn't seem like this topic gets much attention so im just gonna double post, hope that's okay.

So yeah suggestions would be nice, and please no ubers.

How about absol? It has decent speed and 130 attack.

I don't try to over level at all.

It's boring and just a waste when you actually get somewhere as it completely destroys any form of challenge you could have had.

Anyway I have a pure offensive team so I don't like to take risks, and aerodactyl is pretty much a giant risk, I also don't care to have too many pokes weak to rock due to stone edge and rock slide, both moves have great distribution and many rock pokemon can really take advantage of it too.

How about absol? It has decent speed and 130 attack.

Uh no, it has base 75 speed, its also frail as crap too. I wouldn't mind the speed if it was bulky, but it isn't and would only hurt me in the end, plus there are better dark types.

65/60/60 defenses are really lack luster and only way to really deal with absols speed is through sucker punch, however that's pretty useless against other dark types and steels.

Plus absol would certainly be the slowest poke i have if i added it, since gardevoir is my slowest(which i might replace) at base 80 speed, but gardevoir has more use, better coverage, and can actually switch in on special attacks.

Absol really isn't worth using most of the time, as not only is its defenses fragile, but it's also not that fast of a Pokemon.

Alright a little bit of mockup i guess, heres my current team:

Gardevoir
Rotom-H
Virizion
Simipour(may replace due to being frail)

I have 3 special attackers and 1 physical attacker.

I need two more physical attackers.

Mamoswine seems like a good option, good stab in earthquake and icicle crash, access to ice shard, etc.
Staraptor also seems like a good candidate, as it has great attack, decent speed, powerful moves such as: brave bird, double edge, and close combat.

Other options are there and it doesn't actually need to be super fast, but if its not fast some bulk would be nice.

I was thinking maybe scrafty. Shed skin makes rest useful, plus it gets hi jump kick and crunch, which aint exactly resisted by many, and i guess bulk up is also useful to boost its average attack stat and make its defense even better. Other sets could be suggested though.

Toxicroak is also an idea, with hydration it heals in rain, resists water, has sword dance, drain punch, and a variety of other moves. Although it isnt really fast and not exactly that bulky, but rain will make it generally useful, but since I dont have drizzle politoed, id have to use rain dance, so not sure.

Other dragons might be good like dragonite, salamence, and haxorus.

So yeah many options and not sure what to choose from, any ideas on these or outside of them would be greatly appreciated.

For special attackers I would suggest Starmie, Chandelure, Alakazam, Gengar, Sceptile, Porygon-Z, Cacturne, Hydreigon, Volcarona.

And I would suggest eliminating legendaries from your team. That's extremely lame.

Anser said:
For special attackers I would suggest Starmie, Chandelure, Alakazam, Gengar, Sceptile, Porygon-Z, Cacturne, Hydreigon, Volcarona.

And I would suggest eliminating legendaries from your team. That's extremely lame.

kinda wish you knew the difference between legendaries, also thanks for being rude.

But i dont need anymore special attackers right now so.

I'm already trying to design a team for the World Leaders Tournament, considering its higher difficulty level. One of the Pokemon that I'll likely consider is a Choice Scarf user, but I'm unsure as to who to give the Choice Scarf to. I was thinking about catching an Azelf, as its special offense is Gardevoir strong, and it's Floatzel fast, and having Levitate saves it from being affected by teammate Earthquakes, but the frail defenses do add caution to the wind.

There's also Dragonite, but I still don't have enough Dream World points in order to find any Dream World Dratinis; Multiscale may come in handy, especially for the Champions Tournament.

I guess in the end, it all comes down to luck, in terms of which Gym Leaders you'll be facing, along with handling whatever they dish out.

people always say legendaries should not be used because they are "lame", what I have to say is, THAT ONLY MAKES SENSE IN POKE'MON STADIUM!!!! :mad: (or if YOU are to LAME to realize you can still level up legendaries :P )
I see nothing wrong with not using legendaries, but still, everyone always hates on legendaries, and I'm sick of it :???:

people always say legendaries should not be used because they are "lame", what I have to say is, THAT ONLY MAKES SENSE IN POKE'MON STADIUM!!!! :mad: (or if YOU are to LAME to realize you can still level up legendaries :P )
I see nothing wrong with not using legendaries, but still, everyone always hates on legendaries, and I'm sick of it :???:

Well, saying that using legendaries is "lame" is an irrelevant excuse, since if you get a lot of consecutive wins at the Battle Subway, you will have to contend with the legendaries sooner or later. I don't know why Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf are not used there though, especially considering that Azelf can be quite dangerous with its speed and power.

Besides, when you think it over, even the legendaries have their flaws.

MnSG said:

Well, saying that using legendaries is "lame" is an irrelevant excuse, since if you get a lot of consecutive wins at the Battle Subway, you will have to contend with the legendaries sooner or later. I don't know why Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf are not used there though, especially considering that Azelf can be quite dangerous with its speed and power.

Besides, when you think it over, even the legendaries have their flaws.

pretty much, plus the difference between normal legendaries and ubers is pretty immense and even normal pokemon can beat legendaries.

Like how garchamp can make short work of mew or jirachi.

Back