whats your pokemon party

I beat Lt. surge on yellow before. Then trainer my Squirtle.

My team is now something like this:
PIKACHU (Thunder) Lv24 - Thundershock/Quick Attack/Slam/Thunder Wave
NIDOKING (Zynx) Lv25 - Water Gun/Poison Sting/Thrash/Double Kick
IVYSAUR (Bulba) Lv24 - Body Slam/PoisonPowder/Leech Seed/Vine Whip
CHARMELEON (Chief) Lv26 - Scratch/Dig/Ember/Mega Punch
WARTORTLE (Gray) Lv23 - Tackle/Water Gun/Bubble/BubbleBeam

Still working on my post-game team in HeartGold. It's a bit of a pain in the butt since wild Pokémon have very low levels in that game and the trainer rematches are conditioned to whether they call you for a rematch or not. It's a Kanto-Pokémon-only team and my goal is to defeat the 16 Gym Leaders and then the Elite Four + Lance with it. After that, I'm planning on starting a Johto-Pokémon-only team.

Here's my current team:

-Growlithe Lv. 46 (I already have the Fire Stone, but I'm waiting for it to learn Flare Blitz at level 48).
-Electrode Lv. 46 (This guy's moveset is AWFUL, but it doesn't have many options... It knows Thunder, Rollout, Swift and Screech).
-Scyther Lv. 45 (Very difficult to train until he learned X-Scissor at level 41. Now training him is a breeze compared to how it used to be).
-Hypno Lv. 44 (WHY WON'T THIS GUY LEARN PSYCHIC?! I think he learns it at level 50 but come on!! It's taking too long!!)
-Poliwrath Lv. 44 (Yes, my Poliwhirl finally evolved. I was waiting for him to learn Wake-Up Slap at level 43).
-Nidoking Lv. 44 (After struggling so much for having Nidorino since level 16 and having an awful moveset (Poison Sting, Horn Attack, Double Kick and Leer), I evolved him at level 43 because at that level Nidorino learned Poison Jab and Nidoking learned Earth Power. Now it's my team's powerhouse).

I know you guys don't care, but I'll still update this because of reasons.

If you want a Jellicent expert's opinion, talk to Dr. Javelin CKA Blastoise.

Personally, I say replace Night Shade with a different move and it'd be wise to teach it a water move.

The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense said:
It'd be wise to use a different electric type.

Yes, I know there are a million Electric Pokémon better than Electrode, but I wanted to give the guy a chance. I was attracted by its massive speed and by the fact that I had never used it before. It's not a bad Pokémon, but there are definitely some other that are much better.

Pandapowah said:
Is this a good moveset for Jellicent w/ Leftovers? :I
-Toxic
-Protect
-Night Shade
-Recover

My Jellicent has the following setting:

Jellicent (Female) @Rocky Helmet
252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 6 Defense

-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Will-O-Wisp
-Recover

It's a tank, honestly. It's never been 1-Hit-KO'd.

Yoshiquaker said:
Pandapowah said:
Is this a good moveset for Jellicent w/ Leftovers? :I
-Toxic
-Protect
-Night Shade
-Recover
-Scald
-Will O Wisp
-Recover
-Taunt

Much better.

This, surf works too, but scald is usually a better option.

i only have recover as of now, because Spade already has Will-O-Wisp and I have Water Spout instead of scald

I've decided to ditch Croconaw for a Vaporeon. I got myself a Water Stone, a Ditto, and Espeon now all I have to do is wait. My real problem is finding places to grind with Growlithe and Miltank.

My Growlithe FINALLY learned Flare Blitz and is now a powerful Arcanine! It took Nidoking's spot as the strongest Pokémon in my team.

Gosh, leveling up in HeartGold is so difficult... Not enough level on wild Pokemon and no Vs. Seeker...

StiGir Star said:
i only have recover as of now, because Spade already has Will-O-Wisp and I have Water Spout instead of scald
the problem with water spout is that jellicent isn't supposed to be doing any fighting

scald is better because it basically prevents your opponent from switching in for fear of getting crippled by burn

You must also take into account that Jellicent isn't very fast, so it won't be able to properly utilize Water Spout if it gets damaged in any way. Scald does not have that drawback.

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
Before I released Jellicent because I didn't really care, I gave it a Quick Claw. RIP quick claw ;_;
Don't worry, Quick Claw is pretty useless anyways.

If you know you're going to be slow, you're better off trying to use Trick Room and having guaranteed speed advantage over haxing the win.

Quick Claw can actually mean a difference between victory and defeat; if the Quick Claw holder manages to strike first, it could easily shred its opponents before they get a chance to strike. And yes, this item does bypass Trick Room, but not increased priority attacks.

Yoshiquaker said:
The problem is that it doesn't activate most of the time.

Yeah that is a big flaw, but regardless of this fact, CPU trainers will still utilize Quick Claw for their Pokemon, and let's just say that seeing it activate at a bad time could really destroy you.

MnSG said:
Yoshiquaker said:
The problem is that it doesn't activate most of the time.

Yeah that is a big flaw, but regardless of this fact, CPU trainers will still utilize Quick Claw for their Pokemon, and let's just say that seeing it activate at a bad time could really destroy you.
CPUs have some of the best luck.

For example getting critical hits much more often than the humans do, it always seems... :rolleyes:

MnSG said:
Quick Claw can actually mean a difference between victory and defeat; if the Quick Claw holder manages to strike first, it could easily shred its opponents before they get a chance to strike. And yes, this item does bypass Trick Room, but not increased priority attacks.
it can mean the difference

but i mean a choice scarf, which works 100% of the time, would definitely mean the difference

The Choice items do require good predictions though, since if someone sends out a Pokemon who can easily resist or is immune to the chosen attack, you're forced to switch out, which can give your foe a free attack.

The Life Orb is less powerful, but doesn't restrict you to only one move, and I've heard that the HP draining drawback is negated for the Pokemon with the Sheer Force ability.

MnSG said:
The Choice items do require good predictions though, since if someone sends out a Pokemon who can easily resist or is immune to the chosen attack, you're forced to switch out, which can give your foe a free attack.

The Life Orb is less powerful, but doesn't restrict you to only one move, and I've heard that the HP draining drawback is negated for the Pokemon with the Sheer Force ability.

I should get one for my Darmanitan then.

MnSG said:

So does Magic Guard.

Staraptor said:
If you want a Jellicent expert's opinion, talk to Dr. Javelin CKA Blastoise.

Personally, I say replace Night Shade with a different move and it'd be wise to teach it a water move.

Agreed, considering Jellicent has potential for offensive capability.

Using nightshade just seems like a waste, this isn't Chansey or Dusclops after all.

Back