532Timburr.png
(temporarily)
504Patrat.png
515Panpour.png
511Pansage.png
495Snivy.png
507Herdier.png

Epic Nitwit said:
one pokemon topic gets stickied and now they all have to be, huh?
personally i think the other one should be unstickied and this put in its place

In LeafGreen I currently have:

Patton the Blastoise (level 76)
Surf
Ice Beam
Protect
Rain Dance
Felix the Jolteon (level 75)
Thunderbolt
Shock Wave
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Chuck the Hitmonlee (level 55ish)
Hi Jump Kick
Brick Break
Mega Kick
Bulk Up
Ace the Aerodactyl (level 65)
Rock Slide
Fly
Ancientpower
Hyper Beam
Reaper the Gengar (level 60)
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Night Shade
Hypnosis
St. Claire the Blissey (level 50)
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Toxic

Pyro said:
This should be stickied.

I disagree, I don't see a reason too. Give me a good reason then ill agree. Not that me agreeing matters, but I'd actually like to see a reason for why it should be stickied.

Also, I'm making user bar things for my Bug teams after the first gym (& second for Johto). I'm weird so I'm doing every monotype in every main gen (except W2/B2 since I am waiting for a working ROM for it. Sue me, I'm not buying the game 15+ times just for a monotype challenge. I bought it once, I just don't want to delete my file) in order of gyms. So I've finished bug-types first gyms and now I'm doing dark type. Need to hack it though when it comes to points where the type is unavailable before the first gym. Or in FR/LG's case, there are no dark types until after the E4.

So yeah, I'll post my Bug Team's with their first badge (second for johto as well) soon.

Dr. Javelin said:
Epic Nitwit said:
one pokemon topic gets stickied and now they all have to be, huh?
personally i think the other one should be unstickied and this put in its place

In LeafGreen I currently have:

Patton the Blastoise (level 76)
Surf
Ice Beam
Protect
Rain Dance
Felix the Jolteon (level 75)
Thunderbolt
Shock Wave
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Chuck the Hitmonlee (level 55ish)
Hi Jump Kick
Brick Break
Mega Kick
Bulk Up
Ace the Aerodactyl (level 65)
Rock Slide
Fly
Ancientpower
Hyper Beam
Reaper the Gengar (level 60)
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Night Shade
Hypnosis
St. Claire the Blissey (level 50)
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Toxic

I'd like to see how your Jolteon fares against a Ground-type...

Yeah, I know, but I already burned TM Shadow Ball on my Gengar.

And it's only an in-game team. I'll get around to posting my online team soon, it's pretty awesome.

Okay, took me a day and a half, on and off, but I did some little pictures showing my Bug-Teams for each region after the first gym & the second for Johto.

VS Brock (Kanto)
35191eu.png

VS Falkner (Johto)
k3n6lt.png

VS Roxanne (Hoenn)
juab86.png

VS Roark (Sinnoh)
28849xt.png

VS Bugsy (Johto)
2vi3vo1.png

VS Cress (Unova)
oqxif4.png

I got bored.

Post game Black 2.

Crash(Serperior)
Wring Out
Leaf Blade
Coil
Giga Drain(for draining purposes)

Pyro(Golduck)
Return
Hydro Pump
Psychic
Ice beam

Mienshao
Hi Jump Kick
Acrobatics
U-turn
Return(I think)

Antighost(Bisharp)
Metal Claw
Night Slash
Metal Sound
Some other attack I can't remember

Garbodor
Body Slam
Gunk Shot
Toxic
Some attack I can't remember

Fuzzy(galvantula)
Thunderbolt
Bug Guzz
Agility
Sucker Punch(meh)

Okay, PS! team.

This team is centered around the defense core of Jellicent, Skarmory, and Blissey. Together, they wall pretty much anything - Skarmory sets up hazards while walling physical threats, Blissey adds a touch of status, heals the others, and walls special threats forever, and Jellicent is a mixed defense that I can switch in for mixed or unknown threats. Mamoswine is an excellent counter to Dragons with Ice Shard, and is also a decent physical hitter, but he's kinda pointless otherwise. Haxorus is the offense on this team - pure destruction. He basically comes out and murders everything, even the Ferrothorn walls that I always meet (Swords Dance Outrage can't be stopped by Ferrothorn, guys). And Genesect is the awesome scout/sweeper with great coverage.

649.png

The Borg - Genesect
Okay, this guy is a total boss. I personally think he should be banned, he's just that overpowered and almost nothing checks him, but until he is banned I'm going to keep using him. : ) Genesect comes out when I don't really know what they're going to use, so he's essentially my lead. He's great for cleaning up weakened foes and for hitting hard anything he can't kill. U-turn is also a nice scout move.

Nature: Timid (Spe Up, Atk Dwn)
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Moveset:
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Flamethrower
U-turn

612.png

Garm - Haxorus
UNLIMITED POWER

Seriously, this guy just smashes through everything. Need a speed boost? Dragon Dance. Going for full power? Swords Dance. No matter which one, you're going to murder whatever you hit, or at least put a big dent in it. It's always fun to smash through supposed Dragon walls like Ferrothorn with Haxorus's sheer power.

Nature: Adamant (Atk up, Sp. Atk down)
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Moveset:
Outrage
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Swords Dance

227.png

Maverick - Skarmory
I thought Skarmory was cool when I first caught him in Sapphire, probably because he was nigh-impossible to catch. Also because I turned him into a Contest master. But whatever. He's even more awesome now because of how incredibly resilient he is. Simply switch in on a physical threat and drop free Spikes. Or stop a sweep by Whirlwinding them out of there. Whatever the occasion, Skarm is great. Part of my defense core.

Nature: Impish (Def up, Sp. Atk down)
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Moveset:
Brave Bird
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind

242.png

St. Claire - Blissey
The legendary Blissey. Practically invincible to specials. Able to heal to full health anyone that switches in. Paralyzer and Toxifier. And with a moveset so huge, it's impossible for them to predict what my Blissey will use. I often imagine I hear the groan of my opponent after I catch their offense with a lucky Thunder Wave and cripple them. Some people prefer Chansey + Eviolite, but Leftovers recovery makes Blissey easily worth it to me. I also go with Bold nature over Calm because I don't want my Blissey dying in one hit from a physical attack.

Nature: Bold (Def up, Atk down)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Moveset:
Seismic Toss
Wish
Thunder Wave
Toxic

Spr_5b_593_m.png

Julius - Jellicent
THE MUSTACHE OF AWESOMENESS DEFENDS HIM FROM ALL FOES. Julius Caesar is great at defense, thanks to his totally fashionable mustache, and manages to Taunt his stalling foes with his superior stache, while also making them Burn in anger. In fact, he even causes physical attackers to fear switching in, for fear of Burning in Scalding embarrassment over their inferior facial hair.

FEAR THE MUSTACHE

Nature: Bold (Def up, Atk down)
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 Sp. Def
Moveset:
Scald
Will-O-Wisp
Taunt
Recover

473.png

Mumakil - Mamoswine
This guy is a good physical attacker, and he drops Stealth Rock. I don't know, he's not really that impressive, except for when he checks enemy Dragons with Ice Shard of Awesomeness. He's usually my first guy to die, either because he's not defensive or because I sacrificed him for a free switch. He can hold his own in physical combat and that Icicle Crash has saved me on several occasions.

Nature: Adamant (Atk up, Sp. Atk down)
Item: Choice Band (I realize this doesn't go well with SR, but it's a nice way to fool my opponent)
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Moveset:
Icicle Crash
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stealth Rock

GalacticPetey said:
Question, should I use Zoroark or Haxorus for my party?

My current party:
Emboar
Lucario
Electabuzz
Vaporeon
Zoroark
Braviary

Haxorus is generally the better option, an immense physical attack stat, decent bulk, and has access to dragon dance and plenty of other moves. Not to mention Mold breaker is a really good ability.

Zoroark on the other hand is faster and can make use of his good special attack, and a decent special move pool, as well as boosting in nasty plot.

While he has access to swords dance his physical move pool is really bleh however, and usually isn't worth it.

But he can be trickier to use than Haxorus due to his immense frailty, while it isn't exactly sharpedo level, he can still be taken down fairly easily.

So all in all it really depends on what you want and how much risk you're willing to take. I'd go with Haxorus though.

I just finished up the first gyms of my Dark Monotype, I made some bar things or whatever.

VS Brock (Kanto)
1z2j0n7.png

VS Falkner (Johto)
fck0on.png

VS Roxanne (Hoenn)
24l8pi8.png

VS Roark (Sinnoh)
111qo1c.png

VS Bugsy (Johto)
rvm5w8.png

VS Cress (Unova)
14myqv.png

I guess I'll do Dragon next. or something.

Sombrero Guy said:
GalacticPetey said:
Dammit. My axew didn't have Mold Breaker. Well, time to go catch another one.
i don't even know what it does

Disables abilities that render moves useless are disabled. Quote as well "Abilities the opponent has which negate, prevent, or otherwise weaken attacks or their secondary effects are ignored. ".

Very useful ability, especially for Haxorus.

Okay so, a big question on anyone that is a fan of magmortar.

Been thinking about its moveset a bit and i kinda came up with this

Fire Blast
ThunderBolt
Solar Beam
Sunny Day

Now I think this set is pretty decent but it kinda worries me too, because a pure dragon type like Haxorus or another dragon like Hydreigon will be resistant to all these moves.

I guess I could just replace Sunny Day with something else, but I'd like to use sunny day with the heat rock you can get in post game of black2/white2 and just use that(although some might argue that ninetails or grouden would be better options due to drought, but I dont really like ninetails much and it cant do much outside of fire moves and take some special hits, but since fire type isnt a good defensive typing in my eyes, it may not do well at that anyway, and of course Grouden is a uber so id like to avoid using that at all costs).

So let's assume we take out sunny day from magmortars moveset and use some other sunny day supporter and whatnot.

What move should I replace it with? Focus blast could be useful as it can actually do neutral damage to dragons, but thats all i can find a use for though. Then theres earthquake which can of course can also do neutral damage to dragons, or some of them since some are flying or have levitate. But rock slide is also an option since it would be more universally useful as nothing is immune to rock and only dragons that i can think of that are resistant to rock are dialga, garchomp, and flygon. Plus rock is good to use against other fire types as well if they dont have neutrality to grass or electric, thing is though im not entirely sure about using rock slide or earthquake, do magmortars much lower attack stat, as I'd rather focus him being a special attacker since his special attack stat is so good and so much higher. I guess there is hidden power but i hate that move with a passion and its pretty unreliable and hard to get the right type.

So yeah, input would be nice i suppose, also suggestion on a sunny day user/supporter would be nice since I like the bonus damage from sunny day, as well as the damage reduction on water moves and I have a pokemon that has Chlorophyll, so that'd be nice to have too. Plus im sure magmortar would be better off with a hold item like choice specs or life orb anyway.

My Magmortar has Flamethrower over Fire Blast, and it has Psychic in its arsenal, which deals neutral damage to the Dragon-types. Of course, Flamethrower deals more damage during intense sunlight, even when its power is halved, so Psychic is mostly there for when Sunny Day is not active.

Focus Blast is not a reliable offensive move, since its accuracy is quite shaky. And if you're wondering why I have Flamethrower over Fire Blast, part of that reason is due to the Pressure ability; the other is the accuracy, but that doesn't exactly stop me from using Megahorn, Meteor Mash, or Power Whip (of course, they have more PPs than Fire Blast anyway). Still, if you want to stick with Fire Blast, go right ahead.

One final note would be that Magmortar would get more use out of the Vital Spirit ability, than with Flame Body.

My Magmortar has the following set:

Magmortar Lv. 100 Male @Life Orb Flame Body
Timid nature
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Special Defense

-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Focus Blast

Like MnSG said, I went with Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast because Flamethrower is already a very powerful move and it has perfect accuracy, unlike Fire Blast. Plus, it also has more PP. Thunderbolt is a must to take Water types down. I went with Psychic too to deal neutral damage to Dragon types and to take care of Fighting types who almost always carry Stone Edge. Focus Blast goes to Rock types because of Stone Edge/Rock Slide and the also very common Earthquake. I know its accuracy isn't great, but it's a strong move and if it hits super-effectively there are very few Pokémon with chances of resisting it. I took care of Focus Blast's PP by giving Magmortar a PP Max, and now it has 8 instead of 5.

About the ability, Vital Spirit is kind of difficult to get (or maybe that's just me because I despise the Dream World) so I went with Flame Body because it's a very good ability as well.

Back