whats your pokemon party

Pokémon Trainer Michell said:
Anser said:
Joltik said:
Also you shouldn't really call people lame for choosing something you know so little about, that in itself is pretty rude and inconsiderate.
I repeat: I never called you lame. I said using legendaries is lame, and I think I can safely say I know as much about legendaries as you, or maybe even more. Trust me, I wouldn't be talking about something I know nothing about.
you know about legendaries and yet you never use them and hate on people for doing so, yah........ okay... :P

I have used legendaries in the past. That, and the fact that you don't need to use them to learn about them. Just going against them is enough.

Anser said:
Anser said:
Joltik said:
Also you shouldn't really call people lame for choosing something you know so little about, that in itself is pretty rude and inconsiderate.
I repeat: I never called you lame. I said using legendaries is lame, and I think I can safely say I know as much about legendaries as you, or maybe even more. Trust me, I wouldn't be talking about something I know nothing about.
you know about legendaries and yet you never use them and hate on people for doing so, yah........ okay... :P

I have used legendaries in the past. That, and the fact that you don't need to use them to learn about them. Just going against them is enough.

Only real problem is when you have a team full of ubers.

Using something like Mew, Virizion, or Zapdos don't seem too bad as they're pretty balanced.

Although I do see where you're coming from.

Joltik said:
Anser said:
Anser said:
Joltik said:

Only real problem is when you have a team full of ubers.

Using something like Mew, Virizion, or Zapdos don't seem too bad as they're pretty balanced.

Although I do see where you're coming from.
yah, having an entire team of ubers is kinda cheap, but I rarely migrate Poke'mon so the max number of ubers I could possibly have in a game is two, and in most games only one, plus the only ubers I ever use are kyogre ho-oh and lugia, I mostly don't use legendaries I just don't really find it cheap is what I'm saying

yah, having an entire team of ubers is kinda cheap, but I rarely migrate Poke'mon so the max number of ubers I could possibly have in a game is two, and in most games only one, plus the only ubers I ever use are kyogre ho-oh and lugia, I mostly don't use legendaries I just don't really find it cheap is what I'm saying

There is a reason that Smogon has tiered competitive battling. In A.I. battles Ubers are more than fair.

Full Sentence Names Would Be A Horrible Fad said:

There is a reason that Smogon has tiered competitive battling. In A.I. battles Ubers are more than fair.

*rayquaza spams agility for 5 turns*

Joltik said:

*rayquaza spams agility for 5 turns*
*Cough*dragondance*cough*

Great thing about wild ubers is that the ai is hilariously stupid, so you usually never have to worry at all, or atleast about fighting it.

Catching a legendary without a master ball on the other hand is freaking annoying.

Joltik said:
Catching a legendary without a master ball on the other hand is freaking annoying.

You may never know the pain of trying to catch mewtwo, while saving your masterball for the roaming pokemon.

Joltik said:

You may never know the pain of trying to catch mewtwo, while saving your masterball for the roaming pokemon.

Roaming ones are the worst, especially in gsc.

Freaking dogs using roar, makes me mad.

I think you literally had to use masterball or use spinarc.

Well, I've managed to train myself a Prankster Murkrow, and a Moxie Honchkrow today. For Murkrow, thanks to Prankster, it can help its teammates by using Thunder Wave to paralyze, Tailwind to double everyone's speed temporarily, and Taunt foes to stop them from using status moves.

Yeah, Murkrow, in general, isn't all that great, which is why its only use is for its Prankster ability. And in Honchkrow's case, heavily relying on Sucker Punch to sweep can be a problem if foes focus on just their status moves, but if the foes try to boost their Attack stat, Foul Play can come up as a big surprise.

MnSG said:
Well, I've managed to train myself a Prankster Murkrow, and a Moxie Honchkrow today. For Murkrow, thanks to Prankster, it can help its teammates by using Thunder Wave to paralyze, Tailwind to double everyone's speed temporarily, and Taunt foes to stop them from using status moves.

Yeah, Murkrow, in general, isn't all that great, which is why its only use is for its Prankster ability. And in Honchkrow's case, heavily relying on Sucker Punch to sweep can be a problem if foes focus on just their status moves, but if the foes try to boost their Attack stat, Foul Play can come up as a big surprise.

I'd certainly like honchkrow if it had better speed and pretty sure its speed is way too low for a choice scarf to be useful, which sucks. His ability in moxie, and plenty of reliable moves would be quite nice.

But quite frankly I like Krookodile and scrafty more as dark types, since they seem way more bulkier, or faster.

Bisharp is also an honorable mention along with zoroark. Just seems like all of them outclass it in some way or another.

Yeah, Honchkrow has a lot of competition, and without a Tailwind user, Honchkrow will have a hard time striking first without Sucker Punch. However, even then, high speed Choice Scarf users will still outrun Tailwind boosted Honchkrow, which really limits it to just using Sucker Punch if none of its teammates can paralyze those threats. Likewise, Trick Room will lead to the same results, as while Honchkrow isn't all that fast, it's too fast to properly take advantage of Trick Room, unless you're focusing more on its defenses than its speed (a level 50 Honchkrow can have its speed be as low as 68 with a speed hindering nature).

but thing is other slower pokemon like gigalith and Escavalier have much lower speed stats and im sure they have no problem with using a brave nature either.

Not to mention both of them are scarier in trick room anyway, and both are more bulky.

I think what makes Honchkrow viable however, is getting access to moxie. If it racks up to 1 or 2 knock outs, it can be a pretty terrifying pokemon, since the only way you could beat it then is letting a pokemon die, then turning in a new one. Switching into pokemon that have moxie is very scary.

Also is it possible to max his attack and hp and be more suitable for sweeping while surviving?

Because quite frankly that seems the only way to help, since its defenses are too low and its really not fast enough without sucker punch.

This is pretty much why Honchkrow really doesn't excel too well outside of the UU tier spot. It's not only rather slow by normal means, but it can't excel very well with Trick Room either. Add the fact that it can't use Eviolite, and you can clearly see how frail Honchkrow really is. And like you've just said, Rhyperior and Gigalith get better use out of Trick Room, as they actually have the defenses to survive certain attacks.

All this competitive Pokemon talk is confusing for me. But it's kind of interesting too. I don't think I'd be any good at making teams for competitive play so I tend to stay out of that area.

Eh it's just a manner of researching and experimenting, that's pretty much what competitive play is, but to be honest I've never really been in a competitive match anyway, although its just through research and trying out new stuff.

Anser said:
Catching legendaries is actually not that hard... I've caught all mine in standard Poké Balls =/

I must be insanely unlucky then ive got them down 1 hp, with sleep, and spammed ultra or dusk balls and ran out of both of them, and had to reset.

Makes me mad

Crackin355 said:
All this competitive Pokemon talk is confusing for me. But it's kind of interesting too. I don't think I'd be any good at making teams for competitive play so I tend to stay out of that area.

A lot of the competitive talk involves single battles though. Some Pokemon who do poorly in a single battle can end up being big beasts in a double battle.

MnSG said:
Crackin355 said:

A lot of the competitive talk involves single battles though. Some Pokemon who do poorly in a single battle can end up being big beasts in a double battle.

this.

It's why i really love double battles, plus it makes weather moves a bit more viable so you don't have to rely on weather abilities, man i just love double battles.

Joltik said:
Anser said:
Catching legendaries is actually not that hard... I've caught all mine in standard Poké Balls =/

I must be insanely unlucky then ive got them down 1 hp, with sleep, and spammed ultra or dusk balls and ran out of both of them, and had to reset.

Makes me mad

How much pokeballs do you usually carry around? I typically keep 40-20 pokeballs of each type on me, lol.

I think most of the Legendaries I've caught were with Timer balls if that helps any.

Snivy said:
Joltik said:
Anser said:

Makes me mad

How much pokeballs do you usually carry around? I typically keep 40-20 pokeballs of each type on me, lol.

I think most of the Legendaries I've caught were with Timer balls if that helps any.

80 of both ultra and dusk.

My Super Duper Awesome Game Clear White 2 Team

This is my Team and their stats and my comments on them after grinding to Level 100.
Bacon the Emboar
500.gif

Level 100
500.png
(Male)
Adamant Nature
10/10/2012
Aspertia City
Met at Lv. 5
Likes to trash about.
Exp. Points: 1059860
To Next Lv.: 0

Item:
Bag_Charcoal_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
-Fire Punch
-Heat Crash

Stats:
HP: 349
ATK: 349
DEF: 174
SP. ATK: 197
SP. DEF: 158
SPD: 180
Ability: Blaze

Comments: Fire/Fighting starters are old friends of mine, I've used them on 6/7 of the last playthroughs(Ruby, Pearl, Ruby[Speed Run for Groudon], Black, LeafGreen[Charizard], White2, Emerald. Emboar is pretty damn good with type coverage and holds his own.

Lennie the Excadrill
530.gif

Level 100
530.png
(Male)
Quirky Nature
10/12/2012
Day-Care Couple
Egg Received.
10/12/2012
Route 3
Egg apparently hatched.
Likes to Relax
Exp. Points: 1000000

Item:
Bag_BrightPowder_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Dig

Stats:
HP: 376
ATK: 322
DEF: 166
SP. ATK: 138
SP. DEF: 154
SPD: 230
Ability: Sand Force

Comments: A great choice for almost any team. With his ability I might have replaced Dig with Sandstorm. I also may have been a wiser choice to use Hone Claws instead of Swords Dance for how much I used rock Slide during the game. Excadrill is one of those pokemon that you use extensively as a massive power house until you hit the Elite 4. At this point, Lennie just sort of dropped out of use outside of Whitetree Hollow. Still, Excadrill remains one of my favorite Gen. V pokemon.

Comatose the Musharna
518.gif

Level 100
518.png
(Female)
Hasty Nature
10/11/2012
Pokemon Dream Radar
Arrived at Lv. 5
Proud of its power.
Exp. Points: 800000

Item:
Bag_TwistedSpoon_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Trick Room
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Psychic

Stats:
HP: 369
ATK: 192
DEF: 171
SP. ATK: 244
SP. DEF: 228
SPD: 121
Ability: Telepathy

Comments: I love the addition of a Psychic type to any of my game clear teams. Having used Musharna before, I decided to go with what works and use it again. Not surprisingly, it performed in exactly the same way that Lawrence(My other Lv. 100 Musharna) did. I much prefer Telepathy to Forewarn, which helped me in the double/triple battles with Lennie.

King Cold the Walrein
365.gif

Level 100
365.png
(Female)
Brave Nature
12/15/2012(Yes, it is from the future. I had to edit my DSLite's Date to make it Winter in game to get a Spheal.)
Day-Care Couple
Egg Received.
12/15/2012
Route 3
Egg apparently hatched.
Proud of its power.
Exp. Points: 1059860

Item:
Bag_Shell_Bell_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Waterfall
-Surf

Stats:
HP: 347
ATK: 267
DEF: 221
SP. ATK: 215
SP. DEF: 197
SPD: 159
Ability: Thick Fat

Comments: Honestly, this thing evolved at all of the wrong levels and I had to end up overtraining it to beat the 5th and 7th gyms. Its ability is not one that I greatly enjoy. Would I rather have the other abilities? No(Unless it was Hail/Blizzard/Ice Body). Handled Iris' Dragons very well up to Haxorus which Dragon Danced and swept my entire team with a combo of moves. On the second go around through my clever AI tricking abilities I just barely won. Also, I would have rather had NeverMeltIce over the shell bell. This things speed bothered me greatly, especially because I was using it against Iris' fast-as-fuck dragons.

Derkesthai the Hydreigon
635.gif

Level 100
635.png
(Female)
Quirky Nature
10/13/2012
Day-Care Couple
Egg Received.
10/13/2012
Route 3
Egg apparently hatched.
Proud of its power.
Exp. Points: 1250000

Item:
Bag_Dragon_Fang_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Outrage
-Dragon Pulse
-Fly
-Crunch

Stats:
HP: 334
ATK: 281
DEF: 208
SP. ATK: 298
SP. DEF: 193
SPD: 251
Ability: Levitate

Comments: Oh dear lord. This thing was quite possibly the biggest waste of space in my party up until the final battle in story mode. It is an extremely late bloomer, and thus its stats are significantly less than any strong trainer's Pokemon. I had to keep this thing on Exp. Share for 1/3 of the game. But once this thing hits level 64, it becomes the strongest on your team(so long as you aren't running a team of 550s+). I loved it.

James the Jolteon
135.gif

Level 100
135.png
(Male)
Impish Nature
10/13/2012
Castelia City
Met at Lv. 18
Highly Curious.
Exp. Points: 1000000

Item:
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Thunderbolt
-Strength

Stats:
HP: 291
ATK: 183
DEF: 170
SP. ATK: 236
SP. DEF: 203
SPD: 298
Ability: Volt Absorb

Comments: I haven't really got much to say about Jolteon. He gets the job done on those pesky water and flying types. Faster than lightning too.

Joltik said:
Snivy said:
Joltik said:
Anser said:

Makes me mad

80 of both ultra and dusk.

I use False Swipe to leave them at 1 HP but I don't make them fall asleep; I paralyze them instead. Then, I start throwing Pokéballs until one of them eventually catches them. I usually carry 400+ for each legendary. The easiest was Reshiram, who took just 7 Pokéballs (but he's meant to be easy because you need it for the game to continue, so he doesn't really count). After Reshiram, the easiest was Mewtwo, who took 21 Pokéballs. The hardest were Virizion and Articuno, who took 47 Pokéballs each.

Back