Next SSB should be on 3DS!

I am very welcome to the idea of a SSB 3DS. I would buy it instantly and play it. My sister probably would too.

It's good to see a Super Smash Bros on a 3DS. It'll kill the trouble of setting the console up and it's perfect for long trips.

Hello, someone at Nintendo has confirmed that the new console is far away. Villain11, I again tell you that MKDD was much bigger than MKDS, and that MKDS is closer to MKSC than MKDD.

Please stop stereotyping handheld consoles as having bad graphics. Graphics don't make a game, it's gameplay, but if a game has good graphics but bad gameplay *coughxboxcough* then you would be proven wrong. Also, SSBM didn't take much blocks of space. I believe the 3DS will have graphics better than the PSP, and can hold a game such as SSB quite easily. I mean, the current screenshots of MK3DS look great. They never made a Paper Mario before on DS and you didn't care when they were going to. Or MGS. So everyone, stop graphic discussion and whether the 3DS can handle it, because we don't know yet. And if it can handle MGS, then it probably can handle SSB.

Junior Troopa said:
I could be a launch game for the 3ds!
I doubt it. Nintendo would've announced it along with the other 70+ games.

MrConcreteDonkey said:
Hello, someone at Nintendo has confirmed that the new console is far away. Villain11, I again tell you that MKDD was much bigger than MKDS, and that MKDS is closer to MKSC than MKDD.

Please stop stereotyping handheld consoles as having bad graphics. Graphics don't make a game, it's gameplay, but if a game has good graphics but bad gameplay *coughxboxcough* then you would be proven wrong. Also, SSBM didn't take much blocks of space. I believe the 3DS will have graphics better than the PSP, and can hold a game such as SSB quite easily. I mean, the current screenshots of MK3DS look great. They never made a Paper Mario before on DS and you didn't care when they were going to. Or MGS. So everyone, stop graphic discussion and whether the 3DS can handle it, because we don't know yet. And if it can handle MGS, then it probably can handle SSB.
That's it, you are officially my favorite person on this forum. Thanks for supporting my point. :)

Let me make this list:

New SSB on Console: New SSB on 3DS:

Pros
-Better Graphics Pros
-More Characters -Portable (can be used on car trips etc.)
-More Stages
-More Modes Cons (see pros of console)
-More Trophies
-Multiplayer without going online
-Can still use GC controlelr

Cons
-Not Portable

The console would be much better.

Villain11 said:
New SSB on Console:
Pros
Hoooa boy, here we go.
Better Graphics
Graphics are not the reason I buy games. Gameplay is the reason I buy games.
More Characters
For Brawl, "More Characters" turned into "Clones Up The Wazoo". I have the feeling Nintendo is going to repeat with there next 400 new charactes.
More Stages
None of the Brawl stages really stood out as being that great, so I could live with less.
-More Modes
Most of the modes in Brawl weren't nearly as good as a regular fight.
-More Trophies
Trophies were just an extra that I could live without.
-Multiplayer without going online
With DS Download Play you can play DS games with someone close by without Internet connection.
-Can still use GC controlelr
What's a "controlelr"? :P Anyways, the GCN controller is not necessary to play the game.

Better graphics-Per Mega Man
More characters-Why? Because it's a handheld?
More stages-Again? Seriously, you are underestimating handhelds.
More modes-So? What we need is a good fighting game, not Super Mega Metal Curry Ultra Stamina Rocket mode.
More trophies-Do we need so many in the first place?
Multiplayer without going online-Per Mega Man again.
Can still use GC controller-So? We need something fresh and new, and you couldn't use the N64 controller in SSBM but no-one gave a *bleep*.

Villain11 said:
-Better Graphics -- Graphics do not make a game. I'd rather have a good game with bad graphics than a bad game with good graphics.

-More Characters -- I actually want less characters. Brawl had too many, many of them are obscure, and clones up the ass.

-More Stages -- Okay, I can live without another megaton of stages.

-More Modes -- Brawl had too many modes already.

-More Trophies -- ... So what? If trophies make the game for you, that's just sad.

-Multiplayer without going online -- The 3DS will do that, too.

-Can still use GC controlelr -- You're 100% positive the next console (since I doubt they'll just make another one for the Wii) will have GameCube controllers?

Super WaluigiWare said:
Villain11 said:
-Better Graphics -- Graphics do not make a game. I'd rather have a good game with bad graphics than a bad game with good graphics.

-More Characters -- I actually want less characters. Brawl had too many, many of them are obscure, and clones up the ass.

-More Stages -- Okay, I can live without another megaton of stages.

-More Modes -- Brawl had too many modes already.

-More Trophies -- ... So what? If trophies make the game for you, that's just sad.

-Multiplayer without going online -- The 3DS will do that, too.

-Can still use GC controlelr -- You're 100% positive the next console (since I doubt they'll just make another one for the Wii) will have GameCube controllers?

WOW! You are saying all of these are not needed. They make the game better! I'm not saying I need trophies or stages to make the game good. What is so great about it being on the 3DS, you can't even play with your siblings without them having one?

MrConcreteDonkey said:
Sorry, but no. Score=Us 1, you 0.
Why are you keeping score? You are so stupid. You and WaluigiWare have some bromance thing going on and you team up against me all of the time. Stop stalking me on the forum. You guys respond to almost everything I post. It is annoying as hell.

Me? Stalking you? Keeping score?

I'm just replying to all of the replies you and LR keep sending me.

MrConcreteDonkey said:
Sorry, but no.
MrConcreteDonkey said:
Yes, you just said the score. Who is LR? And, I don't care if you guys disagree with me, but stop creating arguements.

Villain11 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
Sorry, but no.
MrConcreteDonkey said:
Yes, you just said the score. Who is LR? And, I don't care if you guys disagree with me, but stop creating arguements.
LR is Lazy_Raccoon

The game would not be as big as SSBB, but they could do it

On The 3DS? Doubt it. SSB should be on a console because trying using the Brawl controls for it on a 3DS

Like I said again, the controls will be awful. How does Nintendo expect me to fight using a D-Pad? SM64DS had bad enough controls, imagine Smash Bros with it.

I don't think you can compare the controls of SM64DS with those of a potential SSBDS. The former is a 3D game, while the latter controls more or less like a sidescroller. I don't see the advantage of a control stick over a d-pad in a 2D environment.

Other than that, I don't really care for which platform a new SSB would be released. If anything, they should shift their attention to the flaws of the previous games (too many clones, wrong depiction of some characters, balancing issues, etc.).

Fassad said:
Like I said again, the controls will be awful. How does Nintendo expect me to fight using a D-Pad? SM64DS had bad enough controls, imagine Smash Bros with it.
I LOVE YOU TOO!

And MrConcreteDonkey 1-1!

Back