Next SSB should be on 3DS!

WaluigiWare said:
Villain11 said:
WaluigiWare said:
Why does the next game HAVE to succeed Brawl? If it's on a handheld, then I won't care if it's only Melee-quality.
Why would you want a sequel that's worse?
'Cause as long as it's a good game, I don't care a single bit about how good it is compared to its predecessor.

Hey guys,
*points at Mario Kart DS*

It has worse graphics, less characters, etc, than the previous game, Mario Kart Double Dash!! . Online is a plus, but Double Dash could have implemented this easily.

LeftyGreenMario said:
WaluigiWare said:
Villain11 said:
WaluigiWare said:
Why does the next game HAVE to succeed Brawl? If it's on a handheld, then I won't care if it's only Melee-quality.
'Cause as long as it's a good game, I don't care a single bit about how good it is compared to its predecessor.

Hey guys,

It has worse graphics, less characters, etc, than the previous game, Mario Kart Double Dash!! . Online is a plus, but Double Dash could have implemented this easily.

The GameCube couldn't support online, only LAN connection.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
WaluigiWare said:
Villain11 said:
WaluigiWare said:

That is because gamecube + online didn't exist at the moment. If Nintendo Wifi online existed, Mario Kart Double Dash could have easily placed it there.
Hey guys,

Nintendo Wi-fi didn't exist at the time. If it existed, Mario Kart Double Dash might have it.

LeftyGreenMario said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
WaluigiWare said:
Villain11 said:
WaluigiWare said:

That is because gamecube + online didn't exist at the moment. If Nintendo Wifi online existed, Mario Kart Double Dash could have easily placed it there.
Hey guys,

Nintendo Wi-fi didn't exist at the time. If it existed, Mario Kart Double Dash might have it.

No, the developers also have to prop in the connection deliverer inside the console. So even if Mario Kart Double Dash and Wifi existed together, the hardware couldn't support it.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
WaluigiWare said:
Villain11 said:
WaluigiWare said:

Hey guys,

No, the developers also have to prop in the connection deliverer inside the console. So even if Mario Kart Double Dash and Wifi existed together, the hardware couldn't support it.

Could we please stay on topic here?

We're probably saying if the DS couldn't handle Super Smash Bros but can handle Mario Kart DS, maybe the 3DS can handle Super Smash Bros. After all, it's more powerful than the N64, the first game where Super Smash Bros. was released on.

unit4545 said:
Well played...

I don't know if this will affect anything, but 3ds cards have an extra notch on the side.

Well, it actually depends what goes inside the little notch.

unit4545 said:
Maybe the 3-d compatability.

Or not. Remember that the 3DS effect is caused by the screens, not the hardware.

I hope they store extra memory or power in there, because we really need it.

unit4545 said:
No i mean the game card that could handle the 3-d

Maybe. Who knows? We'll find out when it gets released and some people (who have no better things to do ;)) will probe its mysteries.

Hopefully, the "3D" won't be too distracting.

I really hope for a Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS. Nintendo's going to make a lot of money if they do that ;D And money's their thing, right?

The 3DS has all the basics for a Smash Bros. ever since there is a control stick.

Smash Bros. on the DS is probably something I'd kill for. Now, I can play Super Smash Bros. in the waiting room, in the car, and even in school! ;D ;D ;D :wario: ;D

LeftyGreenMario said:
Hopefully, the "3D" won't be too distracting.

I really hope for a Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS. Nintendo's going to make a lot of money if they do that ;D And money's their thing, right?

The 3DS has all the basics for a Smash Bros. ever since there is a control stick.

Smash Bros. on the DS is probably something I'd kill for. Now, I can play Super Smash Bros. in the waiting room, in the car, and even in school! ;D ;D ;D :wario: ;D

Nintendo doesn't actually develop Super Smash Bros. It's either HAL or Sora Ltd.

I'd rather kill for Mario Kart 3DS instead, but that's my opinion. I hated Mario Kart DS

unit4545 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
C.C. said:
Per Villain11

And shouldn't this thread be locked up or merged to the already existing thread talking about an SSB for the handheld?
No, because that's talking about the regular DS, this is for the 3DS.

Nice loophole!

Every time you Ko somebody, they`d fly at the screen!
That's not really a good reason and plus most of the stuff that is discussed here is discussed in the other one

C.C. said:
unit4545 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
C.C. said:
Per Villain11

And shouldn't this thread be locked up or merged to the already existing thread talking about an SSB for the handheld?

Nice loophole!

That's not really a good reason and plus most of the stuff that is discussed here is discussed in the other one
But the other thread was talking about porting Brawl to the DS. This topic is about a new SSB game for the 3DS.

WaluigiWare said:
C.C. said:
unit4545 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
C.C. said:
Per Villain11

*facepalm*
Did you even read all the quotes?

Nice loophole!

But the other thread was talking about porting Brawl to the DS. This topic is about a new SSB game for the 3DS.

C.C. said:
WaluigiWare said:
C.C. said:
unit4545 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
C.C. said:
Per Villain11

*facepalm*
Did you even read all the quotes?

Nice loophole!

Porting SSBB to the DS is almost unrelated from a new SSB on 3DS,

To get back on topic, read my previous post. This is not possible unless you want 10 characters, 5 stages, and like 2 trophies. That would be boring and crappy. The next SSB will and should be on a console.

Villain11 said:
I don't, SSB is meant for a console. How would the two screens work? And I don't think a handheld could handle that much data and everything. SSB was a HUGE game. It took up so many blocks. The DS couldn't handle it.

You, sir, are an idiot. You underestimate the power of the 3DS. Anyway, stop being so biased, we haven't seen enough of it to immediately disregard anything about it.

Back