Next SSB should be on 3DS!

Edofenrir said:
I don't think you can compare the controls of SM64DS with those of a potential SSBDS. The former is a 3D game, while the latter controls more or less like a sidescroller. I don't see the advantage of a control stick over a d-pad in a 2D environment.
What I meant is performing moves. A good example is Ness.

His PK Thunder meteor attack (when his own Pk Thunder hits himself) is hard to perform already, especially when trying to recover. Just imagine trying that on a D-Pad. And Ness and Lucas are like my best characters and if controlling them is not easy, then the game would be a major letdown.

Once again, I would prefer less characters. Even Melee felt like it was beginning to push the envelope, but Brawl has so many obscure characters and maybe many of them are all clones of each other. Do we REALLY need three Star Fox characters with the same attacks and Final Smash? Seriously.

That's a reason why I love SSB64. It only had 12 characters to choose from, and with the exception of Luigi and Jigglypuff, everyone was from a different franchise and they all felt unique... well, except Luigi, but back then, it actually made sense that he was just a clone of Mario.

Super WaluigiWare said:
Once again, I would prefer less characters. Even Melee felt like it was beginning to push the envelope, but Brawl has so many obscure characters and maybe many of them are all clones of each other. Do we REALLY need three Star Fox characters with the same attacks and Final Smash? Seriously.

That's a reason why I love SSB64. It only had 12 characters to choose from, and with the exception of Luigi and Jigglypuff, everyone was from a different franchise and they all felt unique... well, except Luigi, but back then, it actually made sense that he was just a clone of Mario.
I would prefer more characters even if they are clones. If you don't like the clones, don't use them! But wanting less characters is ridiculous. if you don't want more characters, just use the ones you want. It's that simple. The "extras" or the ones you don't want aren't inconveniencing you. Just ignore them! That doesn't mean there shouldn't be less characters though.

Villain11 said:
Super WaluigiWare said:

I would prefer more characters even if they are clones. If you don't like the clones, don't use them! But wanting less characters is ridiculous. if you don't want more characters, just use the ones you want. It's that simple. The "extras" or the ones you don't want aren't inconveniencing you. Just ignore them! That doesn't mean there shouldn't be less characters though.
Per

Villain11 said:

There are situations in SSB where ignoring certain characters is impossible. When the CPU randomly chooses an opponent for you, you are forced to battle this very character. Calling other people's opinions ridiculous, though, is truly the only thing ridiculous.

As for me, I'd like Nintendo to put in some more obscure characters. They did it in the first two, and it was awesome. Before the original SSB I didn't know that there was a Mother series (we Europeans didn't get any games of that series), and Melee made me discover the Fire Emblem series. Brawl was a major let-down in that regard, since the unlockables were kind of lame.

Edofenrir said:
Villain11 said:

There are situations in SSB where ignoring certain characters is impossible. When the CPU randomly chooses an opponent for you, you are forced to battle this very character. Calling other people's opinions ridiculous, though, is truly the only thing ridiculous.
Playing against them would be enjoyable if you did not want them, you could beat them up. And you can choose your opponent the majority of the time.

Also, he argues with me all of the time, he told me I was a brick wall, he says my opinions are ridiculous, so that isn't much of a problem. In my opinion, his opinion is ridiculous.

Villain11 said:
Edofenrir said:
Villain11 said:

Playing against them would be enjoyable if you did not want them, you could beat them up. And you can choose your opponent the majority of the time.

Also, he argues with me all of the time, he told me I was a brick wall, he says my opinions are ridiculous, so that isn't much of a problem. In my opinion, his opinion is ridiculous.
Don't try to go into an argument with Edo, he will beat you down with a stick.

What I think they should do is make a bunch of seperate SSBs containing characters from one series only, it means that characters who couldn't make it into the mainstream SSBs can get in, characters like King Boo, Vaati and Marx. It could also be like the Rock Band series where you can port the characters into one game so you can play with them all in the same game.

Edofenrir said:
As for me, I'd like Nintendo to put in some more obscure characters. They did it in the first two, and it was awesome. Before the original SSB I didn't know that there was a Mother series (we Europeans didn't get any games of that series), and Melee made me discover the Fire Emblem series.
Per. Also, Brawl was the game that got me into the Mother series and Pikmin series to be honest.

I think they mean a virtual stick. Back on topic, I think more obscure characters would be great.

Fassad said:
Edofenrir said:
As for me, I'd like Nintendo to put in some more obscure characters. They did it in the first two, and it was awesome. Before the original SSB I didn't know that there was a Mother series (we Europeans didn't get any games of that series), and Melee made me discover the Fire Emblem series.
Per. Also, Brawl was the game that got me into the Mother series and Pikmin series to be honest.
Brawl got me into the Zelda series.

Melee got me hooked into the earthbound series...

God bleep it, when will they port those games into virtual console!?

Well Mother 1 is thoroughly unenjoyable and Earthbound has quite a few potential legal issues to work out.

Back