The Two most pointless characters

We already have an MJ thread for this. Get back on topic.

Oaktown Mojo said:
Protip: Neer use smilies as opposed to character names.
Makes you look like a noob.
*cough*

And I used that to shorten the names, I hate typing Waluigi and I can just click the little picture instead. Daisy's was because I didn't want Waluigi to feel alone :P

@Miizelffan: Au contrair, Daisy has already appeared in one game. And I'd like to point out that neither Mario Party nor Mario Kart are sports so saying "other" sports isn't correct.

Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant-Governor General Shyguy said:
Yeah and her kingdom has been fine ever since.
That's because Bowser isn't interested in kidnapping Daisy. More pointless however, is Baby Peach, Daisy, DK, Luigi, Mario, and all the other stupid babies. God I hate them so.

Daisy was a damsel in distress in Super Mario Land, so at least she isn't like Waluigi, Toadette, or Baby Daisy, who were created for the sole purpose of filling an extra spot in the spin-off rosters.

Smashgoom202 said:
Daisy was a damsel in distress in Super Mario Land, so at least she isn't like Waluigi, Toadette, or Baby Daisy, who were created for the soul purpose of filling an extra spot in the spin-off rosters.
Soul purpose?

Nintendo has the wrong idea of how to create characters. You give them a story role in a game and then never put them in a game with a story again! Bam, you have a new character and no need to expand it's personality!

Marioguy1 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Daisy was a damsel in distress in Super Mario Land, so at least she isn't like Waluigi, Toadette, or Baby Daisy, who were created for the soul purpose of filling an extra spot in the spin-off rosters.
Soul purpose?

Nintendo has the wrong idea of how to create characters. You give them a story role in a game and then never put them in a game with a story again! Bam, you have a new character and no need to expand it's personality!
Derp. :P I fixed that.

Well, Luigi was created in the same vain as Daisy, that is, it's a character that looks just like another character but we're assured it's someone completely different, also in the same vain as Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Reptile, among others.

Thing is, as time went on, they've managed to expand on Luigi's personality, as well as Daisy's.

I don't mind Daisy because she is another female even though she is irritating. I like Waluigi because he is evil, but he should be a main villain and in a real game.

Ah, Daisy and Waluigi? That's true, it is annoying how they only fill space in spin-offs and never appear in the real mainstream games. I wouldn't say they're useless, exactly... I think Nintendo just doesn't use those characters in the way they could. If there was a Mario RPG or 3-D platformer or something where Daisy and/or Waluigi had important roles, they could be great characters. (Although I'm not saying I like their personalities, exactly... Daisy's pretty annoying).

CrystalWizard said:
Ah, Daisy and Waluigi? That's true, it is annoying how they only fill space in spin-offs and never appear in the real mainstream games. I wouldn't say they're useless, exactly... I think Nintendo just doesn't use those characters in the way they could. If there was a Mario RPG or 3-D platformer or something where Daisy and/or Waluigi had important roles, they could be great characters. (Although I'm not saying I like their personalities, exactly... Daisy's pretty annoying).
They have personalities! *gasp*

Villain11 said:
CrystalWizard said:
They have personalities! *gasp*
Yes, Waluigi is like Wario, greedy. Daisy is kind and friendly, like Peach.

Daisy is moreover outgoing and loud than kind and friendly. She doesn't really show much of a kind, friendly side in the recent games...(granted all of those are spin-offs but either way).

And what he means by that is that their personalities are very shallow. Nintendo writes an adjective and a stereotype and calls it a day (E.g. Rosalina the Caring Mother, Peach the kind damsel-in-distress, Daisy the freakishly annoying tomboy)

Marioguy1 said:
Waluigi's not evil, he's a comedy character. He tries to be evil but fails epically at it.

Yeah he started out being mean and nasty, but in later games, Waluigi became more of a comic relief character, along with Wario. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

I actually think they'd be good characters in an RPG. If Nintendo put them in the next RPG, they wouldn't be pointless at all anymore. (Unfortunately, I don't think they're planning to do that.)

I like Daisy and Waluigi, even if the are just filler characters for the spin-offs. A character doesn't need to have a point to be likable.

Back