Gen V Pokémon game names revealed - Pokémon Black and White Versions

CoroCoro leaks:
corocoro-pages-4-5.jpg

Yanappu - Grass - Grass Monkey Pokemon - 0.6m - 10.5kg - Gluttony. It knows Acrobat.
Baoppu - Fire - High Temperature Pokemon - 0.6m - 11.0kg - Gluttony. Knows a new move called "Flame Burst" which damages nearby opponents.
Hiyappu - Water - Wave Splash Pokemon - 0.6m - 13.5kg - Gluttony. Knows a new move called "Boiling Water" which is Water-type but can Burn.
Emonga - Electric/Flying - Flying Squirrel Pokemon - 0.4m - 5.0kg. Has a new attack called "Eleci Ball" that increases in damage depending on your speed in comparison to the opponent's speed.
One of Victini's new attacks is named Flame Sphere and it inflicts Burn. It hits all Pokemon on the field, even your own.

corocoro-pages-6-7.jpg

Basurao - Violent Pokemon - Water - Reckless / Adaptability. Has two forms, as shown in the scan; the form you encounter depends on the version you have.
Yorterrie - Puppy Pokemon - Normal - Vital Spirit / Pick-Up. Based on a Yorkie. Has a new attack called "Cheer Up" which raises its Attack and Special Attack.
Choroneko - Bad Cat Pokemon - Dark - Limber / Acrobatic. The "Acrobatic" ability is not to be confused with Yanppu's Acrobat attack. N owns a Choroneko.
Desukaan - Coffin Pokemon - Ghost - Mummy. When attacked, the attacking Pokemon's ability is turned into Mummy as well. The Japanese for the ability sounds like "Mirror" so it's a pun because the ability keeps reflecting.
Ononokusu - Chin Horn Pokemon - Dragon - Rivalry / Mold Breaker. Has a new attack called "Dragon Tail" but we can't make out the effect - it has something to do with the opponent's next turn. It might force them to switch Pokemon like Roar or Whirlwind.
Denchura - Electric Spider Pokemon - Bug/Electric - Compoundeyes / Tension. Its "Tension" ability prevents the opponent's Pokemon from eating Berries.
Doryuuzu - Earth's Core Pokemon - Ground/Steel - Sand Gun / Sand Power. It knows a Ground-type attack called "Drill Liner" which has a high critical hit rate.

corocoro-pages-8-9.jpg

Buffalon - Headbutt Cow Pokemon - Normal - Reckless / Herbivore. Knows a new attack called "Afro Break" which is a sort of Counter attack. It has an afro and its name is a pun on this, which is where "Afro" Break comes from. Only Buffalon knows this attack.
Dangoro - Mantle Pokemon - Rock - Sturdy. Has a new attack called "Drop Down" where it knocks Flying-types out of the sky, though it causes recoil damage.
Mebukijika - Shikijika's evolution - Season Pokemon - Normal/Grass - Herbivore / Chlorophyll. Its appearance changes with the season like its pre-evolution.
Tabunne - Healing Pokemon - Normal - Healing Heart / Regenerate. It knows a new attack called "Heal Wave" which restores its allies' HP. The Chansey / Nurse Joy Pokemon of this region?
Monmen - Cotton Ball Pokemon - Grass - Mischievous Heart / Pickpocket. Only available in Black.
Churine - Root Pokemon - Grass - Chlorophyll / Own Tempo. Only available in White.
Tamagetake - Mushroom Pokemon - Grass / Poison - Effect Spore - It's got a freakin' Poke Ball mushroom on its head. Since it looks like a Poke Ball, it surprises his opponents; that's where the "tamage" in his name comes (from "tamageru," to surprise). Obviously the Voltorb of this region. It has an attack called "Clear Smoke" that resets status changes.

corocoro-pages-14-15.jpg

Jyanobii - Tsutarja evolution - Grass - Grass Snake Pokemon - 0.8m - 16.0kg - Overgrow
Chaobuu - Pokabu's evolution - Fire/Fighting - Fire Pig Pokemon - 1.0m - 55.5kg - Blaze
Futachimaru - Mijumaru's evolution - Water - Meditation Pokemon - 0.8m - 24.5kg - Torrent
Since the above evolutions turned out to be real, that means the final stages that were leaked with them are real as well.
Reshiram's signature attack is Cross Fire while Zekrom's is Cross Thunder. When one of them is hit by the other's signature attack, their signature attack attack becomes more powerful. These attacks were first seen in a commercial last week.

I like Afro Buffalo.

Smugleaf said:
11 legendaries out of 156 new Pokemon is not excessive at all.
Generation 1 - 5/151 (~3%)
Generation 2 - 3/99 (~3%)
Generation 3 - 13 with all 3 Deoxys forms, 10 without/134 (~9%/~7%)
Generation 4 - 16/106 (~15%)
Generation 5 - 11/156 (~7%)

It's not a stupidly high number like Generation 4, but I doubt the number is ever going to get that high again, anyway. It's pretty much the same as Generation 3, where the amount of legendaries was already getting ridiculous. It's excessive.

Re: Gen V Pokémon game names revealed - Pokémon Black and White Versions

Ninji said:
Generation 2 - 3/99 (~3%)
Lugia, Ho-oh, Raikou, Entai, Suicune

Most of the legendaries suck anyways.

The Regi trio and Lake trio were horrible. I wonder how this gen's trio is going to be.

Well, I meant stat-wise (specifically the Regi and Lake trio), but most of them have cool designs.

Oh wow, ANOTHER Fire/Fighting starter. Look how many fans out there that are pissed.

Oh yay another puppy pokemon =3 The piranha one looks cool to.

Super WaluigiWare said:
Nintendo... Game Freak... PLEASE. NO MORE FIRE/FIGHTING STARTERS. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Also, a pure-Flying type and a Fighting-type trio. Sounds interesting.

I noticed that myself.

Of course, the Fire-type starter's final form resembles a sumo wrestler, which is understandable. Considering how bulky it is, I'm pretty sure that it'll have a low speed stat (like Torterra, Empoleon, and Swampert).

There never was a pure Flying-type in the first 4 generations (apart from the use of Conversion, Conversion 2, and Flying-type Arceus), due to the fact that the move Roost temporarily cancels the Flying-type's weaknesses, resistances, and immunities.

Smugleaf said:
Roost didn't exist until Gen 4, so that logic doesn't work.

Maybe so, but because Roost now exists, a pure Flying-type Pokemon can not be allowed to learn Roost. That would lead to issues for the game.

Naw, I'm on a Pokémon forum where they concluded that Roost isn't an issue at all.

Don't ask me how, the debate went on so long that I eventually lost interest.

MnSG said:
Smugleaf said:
Roost didn't exist until Gen 4, so that logic doesn't work.

Maybe so, but because Roost now exists, a pure Flying-type Pokemon can not be allowed to learn Roost. That would lead to issues for the game.

I don't think that a hacked Arcues holding a Sky Plate or whatever using Roost would lead issues. It would probably get no weaknesses, resistances, or immunities that turn.

People need to stop throwing out Roost as an excuse for there not being any pure Flying Pokemon. For one thing, if a pure Flying uses Roost, it is simply typeless for the rest of the turn, meaning that it doesn't have any weaknesses, resistances or immunities. Gamefreak have already laid the ground work to make sure that the games don't implode in on themselves if a pure Flying-type uses Roost, so that move is not the reason why we don't have one. Also, that argument doesn't even hold up when you consider that they didn't introduce Roost until Generation IV. What was their excuse for not having a pure Flying Pokemon in Generations I, II OR III?

Super WaluigiWare said:
People need to stop throwing out Roost as an excuse for there not being any pure Flying Pokemon. For one thing, if a pure Flying uses Roost, it is simply typeless for the rest of the turn, meaning that it doesn't have any weaknesses, resistances or immunities. Gamefreak have already laid the ground work to make sure that the games don't implode in on themselves if a pure Flying-type uses Roost, so that move is not the reason why we don't have one. Also, that argument doesn't even hold up when you consider that they didn't introduce Roost until Generation IV. What was their excuse for not having a pure Flying Pokemon in Generations I, II OR III?

Per. Again, test it out by hacking an Arceus with a sky plate using Roost. The game won't crash.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I don't think that a hacked Arcues holding a Sky Plate or whatever using Roost would lead issues. It would probably get no weaknesses, resistances, or immunities that turn.

Makes you wonder why the ???-type exists.

I don't even know what the ? ? ?-type is. The only attack to get this type is curse and that's not an offensive move. Maybe the ? ? ?-type Arceus can define the ? ? ?-type.

I know for sure that the Bird type has no weaknesses and resistances.

The ? ? ?-type only exists to serve Curse. The only reason Arceus has a ? ? ?-type form is to prevent the game from crashing should people hack him to be a ? ? ?-type.

Back