Gen V Pokémon game names revealed - Pokémon Black and White Versions

Yeah. Judging by their design, they probably work in a restaurant or something.

Oh wow, an African-American character. Game Freak IS breaking boundaries.

Also, American football player a Trainer class. Just, lol.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_and_White_to_feature_only_Gen_V_Pok%C3%A9mon_pre-National_Dex

You can't catch any old Pokemon before the National Pokedex.

Personally, I'm glad. As the article says, both new and old players will have a completely new experience.

Yes! So that means I will not encounter any Tentacools, Magikarps, Geodudes, Zubats, and Machops till after the Nat Dex.

THANK. YOU. GOD.

I love how they're making Black/White as new games rather than just sequels by doing things like resetting the route numbers and isolating the region.

I might just be blind, but I fail to see how not seeing the old "Use Repels" Pokémon of the Pokémon world means that things are going to be totally different. Nintendo/Game Freak has stated that the game will be vastly different, sure, but I can't be the only one who thinks it doesn't look any different from other Pokémon games, am I? I don't think that's a bad thing; I probably wouldn't like it if the main series took a radically different approach to how the games are played, etc.

Kingler said:
I don't think that's a bad thing; I probably wouldn't like it if the main series took a radically different approach to how the games are played, etc.
I agree.

Obviously it's not going to be a complete overhaul - which is a good thing, since as Ninji said, I wouldn't like the series as much if they made such a radical change - but the little alterations make this generation seem a bit more fresh and unique than, say, Gen IV.

Little altercations such as? The only real differences I've noticed would be the graphics (hey, like Generation IV!) and triple battles (which people thought were extremely gimmicky and did nothing to help Generation III).

Kingler said:
Little altercations such as? The only real differences I've noticed would be the graphics (hey, like Generation IV!) and triple battles (which people thought were extremely gimmicky and did nothing to help Generation III).
Well, there's a lot more than just that. Go look at Serebii.net and see.

sept_coro_possible-150x150.jpg

Emonga, the flying squirrel Pokemon. It's Isshu's "Pikachu", and is an Electric/Flying type. We also have Gigaiasu, which is a Rock-type.

bustour_newpoke-150x150.png

Darumakka, the pre-evo of Hihidaruma.

Shikijika is Normal/Grass, and has the abilility Chlorophyll. Its appearance changes depending on the season.

Details on a new Pokemon called Basurao. It is known to be able to use Aqua Jet and Uproar.

Growth's affect has changed. It now increases Attack as well as Special Attack.

Dunno whether this has been posted.

corocoro-new-pokemon-clear.jpg

WaluigiWare said:
Kingler said:
Well, there's a lot more than just that. Go look at Serebii.net and see.

Rotation battles look like more gimmicky Triple Battles.
The C-Gear really isn't anything new.
Neither is the Pokeshifter.
High link is exactly what Pokemon should have had for multiplayer for a long time.
Global Terminal isn't new.
Dream World does basically the same thing as a Pokewalker.
Again, Pokemon should have had random matches for a long, long time, so that's good, I guess.

And... that's about it. The two best things so far have been features that other multiplayer games have had for a long time; Pokemon's playing catch-up, not being innovative.

K, thanks for clarifying that.

The pink fish looks like a Luvdisc evolution and that monkey is growing some funky looking broccoli on its head.

Smugleaf said:
Yes. The picture itself is fake, but all of the Pokemon in it are real, except for the blue fish.

The Blue Fish is fake? Aw man, he was the coolest!

Oh great. They put a freakin' Bambi!

The rest are pretty cool espicially that rock thing. Looks like an evolution to NosePass

So, I'm reading that Issu will have a pure Regional Dex. That is, all the native Pokemon will be Issu Pokemon, nothing from any other region. Which is an odd thing to think about, as this will be the first time since the first games that I'm going to be six kinds of 'I don't know what is going on'.

Back