Gen V Pokémon game names revealed - Pokémon Black and White Versions

Per Ninji.

I like how there are a lot of birds though, they were always my favorite Pokemon besides Ghost and Bug.

However, it seems there is an overkill of psychic types.

Copy-pasting my comments from another forum.

Most of this is probably in a different, more injokey tone than I usually post in here because hurrdurr different environments.
A lot of these designs are really surreal/weird looking. I like them, though. Some remind me of MOTHER 3 and Earthbound enemies.
Doryuuzu is awesome as are his abilities. Eff yeah, moles.
Wow did we really need another water/ground type? I do like the toad's design though.
Nageki and Dageki have awesome designs, but they seem pretty useless from their base stats :x
Futsude line is the best thing to happen to the bug type since Heracross. Wow it's awesome.
Churine and Doreida are better than the sheep thing. I'm gonna get whatever version has them.
Warubiaru is hardcore.
Iwaparesu is the BEST. ROCK LAYER HERMIT CRAB, YEAHHHH
Zuruzukin is ridiculous. I like it just because I'm probably going to laugh every time it comes up ingame.
Shinpora is creepy, also possible Chimecho evo?
Desukan is neat. Abugora is too.
Dasutodasu is, um, wow.
Baibanira is lolwhat. HYDRA ICE CREAM CONE ON AN ICICLE!! What were they thinking
Shubarugo is awesome.
Nattorei is neat but needs to not have the worst typing ever.
lol gigigear.
Shibirudon is cool.
ZOMBIE GOAST CANDLE (typed that as castle hurf) reminds me of Drifloon. Neat typing.
Ononokusu sounds like a beast. Good thing it doesn't have Garchomp's typing, otherwise it would be complete rape with STAB earthquake.
Furijio is Blizzeta. NOT TAKE MIRROR
Gorugo is Godhan. They must really like Zelda bosses.
We finally got an ant pokemon and it's a giant one-stage robot. Lolwhat.
Dark Dragon Hydra is great
FIRE MOTH is even greater
lol meloia.
Genosekuto is just disappointing.

Overall imo gen 5 has good ordinary pokemon and yet INCREDIBLY STUPID legendaries what were they thinking. Drillbit Rock Layer Kravvy, Fire Moth and Goast Toys Candle/Chandelier thing are the best though.

Also, forgot this.
20.jpg

Best new pokemon, just look at him. I am going to catch one and name it "idk lol".

Serebii.net has sprite images of the generation 5 Pokemon now. I do have a few statements to pull out, which is in the spoiler box below.

Jaroda seems to be a letdown for a starter with good speed. Its offense is weaker than that of most other Grass starters.

I did state about Enbuoo having a low speed stat, but its speed is not as slow as I had thought.

Daikenki is interesting, but the Water-type starters really haven't had much luck in the speed department; none of the new Water starters have base speed stats higher than Blastoise's and Feraligatr's base speed.

Hihidaruma sure looks tough with its high attack, but the low defenses do hurt.

When I looked at Kibago and its evolutions, I was wondering if Ononokusu would be the next pseudo-legendary, but that's not the case, judging by Ononokusu's base stat total; 540.

Baffuron is way inferior to Tauros. Seriously, couldn't its attack stat be better than 100? Good thing that those two aren't related.

I was hoping that one of those Pokemon would rival Shuckle's defense stats, but I guess they (the game developers) want to keep Shuckle's status as the Pokemon with the highest defenses.

A lot of the Pokemon of this generation have base stats that aren't equal to a multiple of 5. That'll make things trickier for those doing EV training.

Mohandar said:
Anyone else notice that the amount of Pokemon that have >100 Attack/Special Attack/Speed is insanely high?

I have noticed that myself.

Aakeosu's base stat total is 567, which is higher than Arcanine's base stat total; 555.

Sazando is generation 5's pseudo-legendary, considering that its base stat total is 600, and it's not a legendary; it has pre-evolutions. However, unlike the past pseudo-legendaries, this one has a higher SP ATK than Attack.

Torunerosu is the first ever true pure Flying-type; no use of Conversion, Conversion 2, or the Multitype ability. I highly doubt that it have access to Roost though, considering that it's not a bird.

Regarding legendaries, only two of them are part Psychic-type; Victini and Meloia. Also, one legendary has a base stat total of 660; Kyuremu.

Games are out now in Japan.

A few MASSIVE spoilers below:

- Cynthia appears in the game somewhere. And her battle theme is also in the game, implying you battle her at some point.
- A remix of the Champion theme from FRLG is also in the game. ... Red battle?
- According to rumors, Belle (the female character in your hometown) is the Champion.
- Looker from Platinum returns.
- NO evolutions or pre-evolutions of pre-existing Pokémon.

After looking over the full list of new Pokémon, I've picked these out as some of my favorites:

- Tsutaja (495, Grass)
-Janobii (496, Grass)
-Pokabu (498, Fire)
-Chaobuu (499, Fire/Fighting)
-Enbuoo (500, Fire/Fighting)
-Mijumaru (501, Water)
-Futachimaru (502, Water)
-Yanappu (511, Grass)
-Shimama (522, Electric)
-Moguryuu (529, Ground)
-Gamageroge (537, Water/Ground)
-Nageki (538, Fighting)
-Dageki (538, Fighting)
-Meguroko (551, Ground/Dark)
-Warubiru (552, Ground/Dark)
-Warubiaru (553, Ground/Dark)
-Hihidaruma (555, Fire)
-Ishizumai (557, Bug/Rock)
-Zuruggu (559, Dark/Fighting)
-Shinpora (561, Psychic/Flying)
-Desukan (563, Ghost)
-Purotooga (564, Water/Rock)
-Zoroark (571, Dark)
-Kaburuchi (588, Bug)
-Shubarugo (589, Bug/Steel)
-Tesshiido (597, Grass/Steel)
-Gear (599, Steel)
-Hitomoshi (607, Ghost/Fire)
-Kurimugan (621, Dragon)
-Goruggo (623, Ground/Ghost)
-Baffuron (626, Normal)
-Zekrom (644, Dragon/Electric)

I've also picked these out as my least favorites

-Miruhoggu (505, Normal)
-Muurando (508, Normal)
-Holiga (544, Bug/Poison)
-Desutodesu (569, Poison)
-Baniricchi (583, Ice)
-Furijio (615, Ice)
-Pretty much most of the Pokémon near the end

If no one got the recent update at Serebii.net, the site had to remove all the images for Pokemon Black and Pokemon White, due to a claim that they violate intellectual property.

MnSG said:
If no one got the recent update at Serebii.net, the site had to remove all the images for Pokemon Black and Pokemon White, due to a claim that they violate intellectual property.
Yeah. Not sure what other sites have all 156 Pokémon images.

Stupid Nintendo. You can do better than this. What's next, that we remove all of our pictures from the Super Mario Wiki because they "violate intellectual property" too? Or our text?

Hopefully, Serebii will find a way to bypass this.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Stupid Nintendo. You can do better than this. What's next, that we remove all of our pictures from the Super Mario Wiki because they "violate intellectual property" too? Or our text?

Hopefully, Serebii will find a way to bypass this.

Well, Nintendo doesn't know what Fair Use means.

Anyway, the pictures are back.

I get black my brother gets white.

Fuck yes Tsutjara's last evo looks like a Slitherhen :D

I just realized something. Why didn't they make you fight the waiter trio in a Triple Battle? That would've been a great way to take advantage of it like they did with Tate and Liza in RSE.

I just realized something. Why didn't they make you fight the waiter trio in a Triple Battle? That would've been a great way to take advantage of it like they did with Tate and Liza in RSE.

That would have been a great way to demonstrate it (perhaps it might happen in the third game?). Though the only problem is that they are the first gym leaders so putting a triple battle at the start might be too much for the beginner players (considering that you even get three pokemon at that time).

Back