Nintendo 3DS

Jesus Freak said:
Super WaluigiWare said:
Sorry to bump this (wasn't sure whether I'm supposed to do this or make a new topic), but according to this, the 3DS's graphics will be on-par with... the 360 and PS3! WTF.
Good graphics does not automatically make something bad.

I think he was surprised, not meaning that good graphics are bad.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Jesus Freak said:
Super WaluigiWare said:
Sorry to bump this (wasn't sure whether I'm supposed to do this or make a new topic), but according to this, the 3DS's graphics will be on-par with... the 360 and PS3! WTF.
Good graphics does not automatically make something bad.

I think he was surprised, not meaning that good graphics are bad.
Oh.

Super WaluigiWare said:

Something tells me that Kojima is exaggerating. Of course, I never had the chance to use a 3DS, but the graphics on par with the 360 and PS3 is a little stretching the truth, isn't it?

It'll probably be somewhere around Gamecube graphics or a little better.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Super WaluigiWare said:

Something tells me that Kojima is exaggerating. Of course, I never had the chance to use a 3DS, but the graphics on par with the 360 and PS3 is a little stretching the truth, isn't it?

He is NOT exaggerating. He actually worked on the game, the MGS tech demo.

It also does NOT sound like exaggeration either.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
Super WaluigiWare said:

How do you know? Proof? I didn't say that he is exaggerating, it's just that something tells me he is.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:

Are you kidding? It sounds so extremely blown out of proportions and advertisement-y. There's a reason why handhelds look worse than consoles.

Desukaan said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:

Are you kidding? It sounds so extremely blown out of proportions and advertisement-y. There's a reason why handhelds look worse than consoles.

welcome to the hype world galaxy! Any good thought about the console has to be shown up, specially from well-known developers' words.

Okay, upon further investigation, a large part of those specs are actually being put into the 3D aspect of the sustem.

So, it's more on-par with the Wii and PS2.

I don't know what to say. I've looked in Mario Kart 3DS and I saw that the graphics still looked pretty blocky, but it is definitely better than Mario Kart Double Dash. I'm not sure about Mario Kart Wii.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I don't know what to say. I've looked in Mario Kart 3DS and I saw that the graphics still looked pretty blocky, but it is definitely better than Mario Kart Double Dash. I'm not sure about Mario Kart Wii.

That style hasn't changed since Mario Kart DS (why? I dunno) on the other hand, it could be a technical demo rather than an actual game to show the 3D capabilities on racing games. let's see if they can change the style and add nice visual effects to the races from now (like resident evil's demo has shown).

Well, the first games usually tend to be more rough in terms of graphics than the later games.

Look at Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Bros., for example.

Time for a major update!

- The Nintendo 3DS will launch in Japan on February 26th, 2011 for (get ready for this) 25,000 yen (holy CRAP).
- It'll release in America and Europe sometime in March for an unknown price (expecting $250 for America).
- Mii Studio announced for the Nintendo 3DS. Take pictures of yourself so that it is easier to make a Mii that looks like you. The player can receive Miis through tag mode.
- The 3DS box will come equipped with a 2GB SD card.
- Virtual Console service that includes Game Boy and Game Boy Color games! Some sites are reporting Game Boy Advance but this is not confirmed! Super Mario Land and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening has been shown.
- Colors that will be available at launch include Aqua Blue and Cosmo Black.
- New Capcom 3DS games: Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D and Mega Man Legends 3.
- You'll be able to transfer DSiWare games over to 3DS.

Smashgoom202 said:
- Virtual Console service that includes Game Boy and Game Boy Color games! Some sites are reporting Game Boy Advance but this is not confirmed! Super Mario Land and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening has been shown.

It's about time. I don't understand why they couldn't do that with the DSi.

Smashgoom202 said:
Time for a major update!

- The Nintendo 3DS will launch in Japan on February 26th, 2011 for (get ready for this) 25,000 yen (holy CRAP).
- It'll release in America and Europe sometime in March for an unknown price (expecting $250 for America).
- Mii Studio announced for the Nintendo 3DS. Take pictures of yourself so that it is easier to make a Mii that looks like you. The player can receive Miis through tag mode.
- The 3DS box will come equipped with a 2GB SD card.
- Colors that will be available at launch include Aqua Blue and Cosmo Black.
- New Capcom 3DS games: Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D and Mega Man Legends 3.
- You'll be able to transfer DSiWare games over to 3DS.
This.
Just.
Keeps.
Getting.
Better.

Newer than Sifi said:
I'm not going to help Nintendo get a higher profit by buying a new DS revamp. I'll just keep what I have.
Dude, no offense but that's like saying the Wii is a Gamecube revamp. Its gonna be COMPLETELY different than a regular DS.

WigglerWhoopinWarrior135 said:
Dude, no offense but that's like saying the Wii is a Gamecube revamp.
Actually that's more like saying the GCN is an N64 revamp.

Its name contains "DS" therefore it is just a revamp of the DS and not a new handheld just because of the name.

And the Game Boy Advance was not a revamp of the Game Boy JUST BECAUSE.

[/sarcasm]

I don't want to get in a flame war or anything, but I'm just saying the 3DS is part of the DS line, but its gonna be a LOT better than any previous DS.

Back