Am I the only one who hated Brawl?

Dark Samus said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
Dark Samus said:
I am just glad the whole SSE didn't revolve around Mario. I would seriously be pissed if it did, no offense.

I hated how Subspace Emissary had all Kirby characters playing an important role, though. Mario needs a bigger role. Not a leading role, just a much bigger one. Really, how come Mario and Luigi are never together?
Yeah, as if Mario doesn't have a big enough role in Nintendo. :| When was Kirby's last console game that wasn't a remake? 2000

Mario's? About 3 months before Brawl's release. I honestly see no problem with Kirby characters playing such an important role since we rarely see them anyways, but this is from a Kirby fan's POV.

I didn't say that Mario should play a main role; it's just that he plays a too small role in this game as a major Nintendo character. The story over-centralized on the Kirby characters, IMO. Mario never played a main role in the Super Smash Bros. games anyway.

Mario didn't suck as much in Melee.

Mario is usually worse than his brother in the games. Case in point: Super Mario 64 DS.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Mario is usually worse than his brother in the games. Case in point: Super Mario 64 DS.

What's your point?

LeftyGreenMario said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:

What's your point?

Luigi is better than Mario in MOST areas. He's a better jumper, has a backwards somersault spin, swims faster underwater. The only major drawback is his power, but you rarely need to carry something to defeat it.

Unique abilities not included.

Villain11 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
Villain11 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
Well, what about a stage where the seasons in the background changed? A stage where a monster suddenly appears and a flying limo passes from the background to the battlefield? A dark, sinister story mode with hard bosses and a lot else to do after the main story? At least all the Brawl 'clones' had some move changes, size changes, and actual story roles.
Oooh wow, seasons changing. Melee had a giant Turtle coming out of the ground, a rotating stage, and the best stage ever - Temple.
New Pork City was HORRIBLE! It was huge, and the space was use very poorly.
The Subspace Emissary was poorly done. Kirby was the main character, the enemies were random, and the levels were very repetitive.
The Brawl clones were extremely repetitive whereas the Melee clones weren't. Also, the only reason they had story roles was because there isn't a story in Melee.
Kirby was not the main character, and anyway, he's my favourite. I would say you only need to choose Kirby as the main character. The Melee clones were almost exactly the same. Stop arguing when you can't fight back. Giant Turtle, just moves a little. Rotating stage, MEH, Temple, that's in Brawl with better graphics and another music track.
Your arguement is seasons changing and SSE. I wouldn't say that I couldn't fight back.

Anyway, I like Brawl and Melee equally. There were certain things about each game that I liked and certain things I disliked. But I didn't hate either.
You know what you're really annoying when it comes to Smash Bros.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:

What's your point?

Luigi is better than Mario in MOST areas. He's a better jumper, has a backwards somersault spin, swims faster underwater. The only major drawback is his power, but you rarely need to carry something to defeat it.

Again, your point?

LeftyGreenMario said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:

What's your point?

Again, your point?

My point is, someone (you know who you are) is saying that main heroes shouldn't be crappy, which is not true. Someone says that Subspace Emissary shouldn't have Mario as the main hero because he sucks.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:

What's your point?

Again, your point?

My point is, someone (you know who you are) is saying that main heroes shouldn't be crappy, which is not true. Someone says that Subspace Emissary shouldn't have Mario as the main hero because he sucks.

I think that's a very bad reason. You guys are saying that people shouldn't play big roles just because they suck in-game? Baloney. What are you going to say about Link? Link doesn't play a big role either and he sucks. I can't believe I'm saying this, but WTF. Both major Nintendo characters get shoved away in story AND ingame in favor of Kirby characters.

Makes me want to kill Kirby sometimes.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I think that's a very bad reason. You guys are saying that people shouldn't play big roles just because they suck in-game? Baloney. What are you going to say about Link? Link doesn't play a big role either and he sucks. I can't believe I'm saying this, but WTF. Both major Nintendo characters get shoved away in story AND ingame in favor of Kirby characters.

So Kirby is not a major character?

And WTF, Mario is like Nintendo's mascot and he gets a game like every 6 months. Makes me want to kill Mario sometimes.

Dark Samus said:
LeftyGreenMario said:

So Kirby is not a major character?

And WTF, Mario is like Nintendo's mascot and he gets a game like every 6 months. Makes me want to kill Mario sometimes.

Same here. That's the sole reason I hate Mario.

Jesus Freak said:
Villain11 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
Villain11 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
Well, what about a stage where the seasons in the background changed? A stage where a monster suddenly appears and a flying limo passes from the background to the battlefield? A dark, sinister story mode with hard bosses and a lot else to do after the main story? At least all the Brawl 'clones' had some move changes, size changes, and actual story roles.
Oooh wow, seasons changing. Melee had a giant Turtle coming out of the ground, a rotating stage, and the best stage ever - Temple.
New Pork City was HORRIBLE! It was huge, and the space was use very poorly.
The Subspace Emissary was poorly done. Kirby was the main character, the enemies were random, and the levels were very repetitive.
The Brawl clones were extremely repetitive whereas the Melee clones weren't. Also, the only reason they had story roles was because there isn't a story in Melee.
Kirby was not the main character, and anyway, he's my favourite. I would say you only need to choose Kirby as the main character. The Melee clones were almost exactly the same. Stop arguing when you can't fight back. Giant Turtle, just moves a little. Rotating stage, MEH, Temple, that's in Brawl with better graphics and another music track.
Your arguement is seasons changing and SSE. I wouldn't say that I couldn't fight back.

Anyway, I like Brawl and Melee equally. There were certain things about each game that I liked and certain things I disliked. But I didn't hate either.
You know what you're really annoying when it comes to Smash Bros.
That is an old arguement and you're really annoying period.

Villain11 said:
Jesus Freak said:
WHAT?

I've never said anything like that before, ever!
.....what?
Whenever you and I end I end up in a debate (aka, three times including this) I never call you annoying or anything like that. I discuss the matter being discussed, not the people discussing it. You're making it sound like I say mean stuff to you every other post.

You usually don't call me names etc. But this time you quoted and old arguement that's been resolved to call me annoying.

Villain11 said:
You usually don't call me names etc. But this time you quoted and old arguement that's been resolved to call me annoying.
Well, nothing else was actually directed at me.

And how easy it was to texture hack it, it could probably make the surliest Brawl hater like it again.

I like Brawl alot, but there does seem to be somthing lacking. I wish they would have fixed the wifi lag with maybe a real, dedicated server or somthing. I like the characters for the most part, although some are bizzare. Subspace emissary is pretty cool but seriously, wtf? Everything else is fine. In the next game, Bungie should allow Nintendo to use Master cheif.

I like all of the games except the first one. I like Brawl because they put Final Smashes in.

I like brawl but I'm sure there are people who hate it

Back