The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

Hey everyone, GUESS WHO’S BACK!

I won’t be as active as I was before I was gone, but hey who cares I’m back.

I noticed.

But I didn’t notice tyou were temporarily banned so welcome back to you too.

My parents upgraded the firewall, and it blocked the Super Mario Wiki. They will not unblock it, so with a heavy heart, I will be retiring until further notice. I will have temporary access most Thursdays, Sundays, and possibly Saturdays, but that’s just not enough activity.

Some important messages to certain users:

LuigiMaster123: I will try to write the remaining articles for our joint project offline and publish them when I have temporary access, but if that’s not enough activity, feel free to take up my end of the project.

Meta Knight: I will try to write one last section, but I will likely send a resignation message afterwards.

Anton: Make me proud and beat my imaginary section.

Wiki users: I will try to finish Super Mario Tennis and Cappy of the Cap Kingdom offline, but someone may need to write those for me.

Forum users: I will continue to be active on the forums as long as the firewall allows it.

IRC users: My IRC activity will not change.

Everyone else: Play my Super Mario Maker courses. That’s all I have to say to you all.

I will really miss the wiki, and I hope to return soon, but I will likely not return for several years. You never know, however. So I will just say one last BIG goodbye:

[size=48pt]GOODBYE!!!

Good news! I got this temporary VPN connection, so I can temporarily return to the wiki! Afterwards I’m trying some TOR browser to sneak past the firewall...

EDIT: The VPN is permanent! I am back to edit the wiki!

i dropped off the forum awhile back so i figured i'd drop back in for now.

not that my activity is gonna be much different than before but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hey people ive got some personal irl stuff that needs to be dealt with so unfortunately i'm gonna be leaving the forums/discord for a while (although with the frequency i post nowadays not sure how much of a difference it'll make haha). plan is to be back in a month or two but might be gone longer? i'll see how things go. i'll defininitely try to be back for awards though
anyway so yeah take care of yourselves and i'll hopefully see you all in a couple of months :luma:

Instead of doing "work before pleasure" I've been doing "pleasure now, work if I have time."

So now I'm quitting all pleasure cold turkey so I can focus on getting my schoolwork done. I'll be gone until May, unless I take another course online over the summer to boost my GPA, in which case I'll be gone until May 2019.

awwww no ... that's actually so sad.

But hopefuly everything goes well on your obligations and projects J-Yoshi64!!!

Hope to see more of you soon enough once you decide to step back for a while.

Looking at this place and things connected to it is causing me anxiety due to reasons that may be offensive to some people so it’s best if I just mostly stayed away from here from the time being.

I’ll see you whenever. If you really need to contact me, try finding me on discord or ask stargazing

Hey guys!

I've got good news and bad news. I'll start with the bad news:

Tomorrow morning, I have a trip with my class to Italy. So I'll be gone for a while. I'll be back in 6 days.

Now of course, like every time anyone goes to travel, they stay in a hotel. So at night, I'll be allowed to use my phone in the hotel, and it has Wi-fi. So I'll only be online at night.

See Ya!

Well, this is... not the day I expected to be doing this (friday the 13th, of all days...)

Despite that, I'm back (for now, at least). Some of you have seen me on discord servers and other places, but what matters is that I'm back here.

All right, this thing is on my chest and I have to grab it and throw it into a dumpster fire.

First things first, I had been inactive in this community for nearly a week, including wiki editing activity which is an anomaly for me as I'm a frequent poster. I even left the official MarioWiki Discord because setting myself to mute the channel or list myself as as do not disturb isn't enough to prevent me from checking out new messages for curosity's sake and then responding to topics I'm interested in.

Now, none of this means that it points to retirement or that any community member did anything wrong. No, it's mostly because of internal problems I have outside of this community. People who been on the MarioWiki Discord at least for enough times knows that I struggle with particular classes (cough cough math) and all this community does is enable my distraction and procrastination problems, which have piled up in the last week. So I took the matter into my own hands and decided to un-bookmark MarioWiki and Marioboards and that's why I left the server, so I can better focus on completing what I need to do in those classes rather than socialize with you. I most certainly need to unbookmark other forum sites I go to as well so those don't distract me, or at least, don't hook me in as severely as MarioWiki did. On top of all of that, I'm expected to complete a modding project related to New Super Mario Bros. and I haven't been able to complete any of that and that's another black cloud over my head.

I'm sorry I haven't communicated this better earlier before I took action and then disappeared without a trace, but last week was excruciatingly stressful for me, with all of those late assignments and scrunched up workload because of my problems, that I had acted very impulsively and sometimes emotionally, something I also don't want to spread around in the community, especially in Discord. I don't regret leaving the server for now, but as soon as things start to blow over for me academically-wise, I'll want to come back to the community and its Discord. As for now, I'll be content in reducing my activity until I get things sorted out, perhaps until the end of the school semester.

None of this means that I won't partake in activities that recommend my presence such as Awards meetings, which I will still attend. Everything else though is off-limits for me.

I love you all and I hope I can make a return to my regular schedule when it's most efficient to do so.

I'm doing this in advance, I'm going to be gone for the next three or four days due to personal issues. But I may post in the evenings.

'Tis been a fun couple of days of posting and what not, but I'm probably going to be absent for the rest of April... have to take care of some things.

See you guys later.

I'm back from my break, I should be able to post as often as before the break.

I know I said I'd be gone until May, because I was accommodating for the possibility that I'd still have assignments to complete and turn in before the week was out. But today was my last class, and I have all my assignments turned in and my professors are notified of them. Soooo......

I'M BACK!
94px-YoshiAwards1.gif

Splash said:
hey people ive got some personal irl stuff that needs to be dealt with so unfortunately i'm gonna be leaving the forums/discord for a while (although with the frequency i post nowadays not sure how much of a difference it'll make haha). plan is to be back in a month or two but might be gone longer? i'll see how things go. i'll defininitely try to be back for awards though
anyway so yeah take care of yourselves and i'll hopefully see you all in a couple of months :luma:

back again :buzzy:

Back a little earlier than expected, but then again this is technically the last day of April so not by much.

Hey...

Things are not looking my way lately... I have been getting bad grades, and it seems like they are gradually getting worse... I’m also having family problems which need to get solved.

I really... don’t want to go through 9th grade again. I really don’t...

I’m leaving for a while... See Ya on the 4th of June I suppose. That day, my exams will be over.

Well I was off the grid for a week, I was in a hurry that I couldn't announce my leave. Anyways, I'm back.

Back