The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

Shy​ Guy said:
Prince Iggy Koopa said:
Ok guys, from tomorrow I'll be at summer club which starts at 9am and ends at 2:30pm. So I won't be active during those hours until Saturday.

Then on Monday I start school...
So does that mean you'll be less active or your going away?
I'll be less active until Saturday, when I will become more active. On Monday, I will not be active until 4 'o' clock.

School starts tomorrow
so yeah
no more staying up till 2am playing bgo or staying up till 5 so I'm here during peak times

I'm leaving this community forever for two days or more to go to the hospital, so they can surgically remove my sense of humor. Please don't break anything while I'm gone.

Is your laughbox broken?

See ya soon man, don't get so sick that I need to send a card.

Good luck Edo!

Gabumon said:
I'm leaving this community forever for two days or more to go to the hospital, so they can surgically remove my sense of humor. Please don't break anything while I'm gone.

Can we be noisy then?

I'm leaving tomorrow morning and won't be back until Monday night... meaning I probably won't post anything until Tuesday morning of next week. Tomorrow I'm heading to Pittsburgh for a job interview, then we'll be heading down to my Nana's (my mother's mother) near Ocean City, Maryland. It'll be fun, see y'all later.

So I'm back one day earlier than expected because apparently hospitals lack the ability to note the duration of hospital stays correctly. Or maybe "two days" is now fancy hospital jargon for "one day". I don't know.

Also, apparently they really DID remove my sense of humor, because my mood is a lot grimmer than before I went there.

don't worry, removing your sense of humor doesn't mean you can't laugh, it just means you'll laugh at dumb shit and everyone else will be really confused at where your sense of humor is

But yeah, all in all this trip to the hospital was a complete waste of time. All they did was tell me things I already know, and I got to experience having a hack psychologist without a medical degree tell me I am going to die before I reach age 40.

The latter probably contributed to my shitty mood the most.

Gabumon said:
and I got to experience having a hack psychologist without a medical degree tell me I am going to die before I reach age 40.

The latter probably contributed to my shitty mood the most.
whoa whoa what?

I have some problems with being overweight, and I'm well aware that it comes with increased health risks and am working to improve my situation. Yet for some reason people keep pointing this out to me, thinking they're telling me groundbreaking news.

That psychologist thought it was a good idea to lump me together with 300 kg people (which I am nowhere near) and telling me I will not make 40 because I sit in front of the computer too much.

Conveniently ignoring that I've already reduced my weight by 40kg over the span of one year while spending a large chunk of freetime in front of the computer.

As if you can't have a decent diet and exercise schedule AND time for computer things at the same time.

ah, yeah. doctors are silly like that

now that i'm in college i have to actively try to eat healthy because even though i can eat burgers for lunch and dinner every day i know i shouldn't. also turkey, lettuce, and cheese wraps are better tasting lol

i'm actually getting more exercise than normal this year because of all the walking i have to do to get to my classes. who knows, maybe i'll actually end up being super healthy soon instead of just okay like normal

Gabumon said:
Also, apparently they really DID remove my sense of humor, because my mood is a lot grimmer than before I went there.

I bet it hasn't, because "I Heard You Have a Dragon Problem?" is still funny, and you wrote that.

Prince Iggy Koopa said:
Gabumon said:

I bet it hasn't, because "I Heard You Have a Dragon Problem?" is still funny, and you wrote that.
He wrote that before he left.

I think it's more accurate to say I am co-writing it with Walkazo. Only half of the things that happen happen with my input.

Without her stuff, my stuff would get stale pretty fast.

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, fans, haters, allies and enemies, your favourite user, your lord and master has returned.

It is I, Neptune, here in the flesh, with a brand new larger-than-life ego you can all waste time destroying. After a long and arduous task towards the north of England, and returning safe in the south after six long days, I have returned. Feels like no time has passed at all, yet somehow it feels quite the contrary.

All joking aside, glad to be back, this could likely be a regular occurrence for me in the near future, as I have to take as much time as possible up with my gran before she eventually kicks the bucket due to her Alzheimer's.

She hasn't lost her memory too much, so much as to forget who we were. She seemed to understand what we were talking about in the moment, but that was often in vain after she would forget the matter entirely and move on to the next conversation. She also wasn't able to talk in long sentences - most of her words were slurred, and we were only able to make out one or two words in said process. We would usually have to simply say yes and nod along.

We weren't able to take her out of the hospital and back to the house without her getting rather upset and confused. She was there for about ten minutes before we eventually decided to send her back home. We had no issue visiting her in hospital, but we could not do so at the house. The bright side of this all was that she was still able to muster that wonderful smile of hers, which made the visit all the more worthwhile.

Anyway, live and let live, keep calm and carry on, insert other useless, meaningless phrases here that are supposed to make us all feel better, and so on and so forth, point of the matter is, I'm back.

Back