Mario Game Ideas?

I'm kindof descencitized to most graphical violence, but I think the Mario series should remain untainted by the norm of today.

i dont go higher than 12+ for now, smash bros is 12+ so you get the idea of europian ratings
well i would like a mario game with an exciting storyline, rosalinas story was a start though...

25 years of the same story? Sorry, but there have been loads of different storylines.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Sunshine
All (I think) of the Spinoffs
All of the RPG games except Paper Mario

And the story works brilliantly everytime, because I'd rather have a great game with the same story than a shoddy game with a brilliant story. And I'm not talking about SMG, cause that was a great game too.

pretty much its usually mario saving peach/daisy, spinnoffs have no story, i mean a story with a big twist, like bowser jr turning nice or somthing really unpredictable

Noodle said:
pretty much its usually mario saving peach/daisy, spinnoffs have no story, i mean a story with a big twist, like bowser jr turning nice or somthing really unpredictable
..and completely based on your fangirlism of the characters you mention.

I think Nintendo is going to focus on the gameplay, still, and have a crappy story. I don't care about the story, I buy the game so I can play it. For touching stories, I'd read a book.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
MnSG said:
Noodle said:
ONE compleatly adult mario game wont hurt will it?

I'd say that it will heavily hurt the series. The Mario series is meant to be in the child-friendly department after all.

No it's for all ages. It appeals to all ages, not just children.

To me, an M rated Mario game would just ruin the series. Mario is supposed to be happy and bright, not the other way 'round. I can't imagine Mario with blood, real-life guns, suggestive themes, etc. Mario Strikers Charged should be Mario at the most violent.
That's what I thought about COnker. Til I saw the Mariowiki page that kinda ruined my faith that it was a safe series.

Well, Conker did start out as a child-friendly series, but it soon turned into a highly graphical and violent series afterwards; a way to attract more older gamers it would seem.

Conker is out of the child-friendly business, but at least the Banjo-Kazooie series is still at the level suitable for young teens; the series hasn't gone above the E10+ rating.

the most adult nintendo series is metroid what has some 16+ games, followed by the legend of zelda what has some 12+ games

I want something new! and cool. Hmm wouldn't it be weird a Mario simulation game! :P

It'll be like some random platformer game where the Baby Mario Bros. rescue Yoshi or something. And no I do not have nothing against Yoshi's Island. But Yoshi doesn't have to be in EVERY game that the Baby Mario and Baby Luigi appear in.

Back