Mario Game Ideas?

nibbles118 said:
javascript:void(0);
i think there should definitely be a new yoshi's island game. The plot is that pirates have captured all the yoshis on yoshi's island, and yoshigoes to save them. When he does, he finds out that the pirates were working for kamek and baby javascript:void(0);, so he goes to attack the castle, and for the final boss, kamek casts a spell that turns both yoshi AND baby bowser huge, and they have a clash of the titans!

also, a game starring a hammer bro would be pretty cool.

OR, they can make a "Super Princess Peach" type Yoshi's Island and make Baby Luigi save the day! That will be so much PWN!

Super WaluigiWare said:
Lemmy Koopa said:
Noodle said:
battle of the bands- lots of mario bands with differant genres like
mario bros- latin
peaches and flowers-pop
rosalinaz superstarz-techno
bowsers badman-heavy metal
warioware and waluigi-hiphop
eggz-rock
shroom smpthany-classical
Sorry, but I fail to see how Rosalina qualifies above Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Toad, Bowser, The Koopa Troop or even Birdo for that matter.
Per
well yoshi is in eggz,ditto birdo and the others mentioned all have bands

Noodle said:
Super WaluigiWare said:
Lemmy Koopa said:
Noodle said:
battle of the bands- lots of mario bands with differant genres like
mario bros- latin
peaches and flowers-pop
rosalinaz superstarz-techno
bowsers badman-heavy metal
warioware and waluigi-hiphop
eggz-rock
shroom smpthany-classical
Sorry, but I fail to see how Rosalina qualifies above Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Toad, Bowser, The Koopa Troop or even Birdo for that matter.
Per
well yoshi is in eggz,ditto birdo and the others mentioned all have bands
Uuum....so? That makes no difference. Why is Rosalina the third?

I don't really think the whole "Battle of the Bands" vibe suits Mario.

And no, that's the most blatantly shown least random order I have ever seen.

I agree, MCD, on topic, we're talking about the game, not the order of the bands. Perhaps she thought of Rosalina before Birdo, Wario and whatever else you said, perhaps she likes Rosalina more (heaven forbid), perhaps it doesn't matter :)

Now, the idea of the game sounds like a good one to me. I can actually see Nintendo expanding Mario into the musical "genre" as they have stuck him in (practically) all the other "genres". They'll have to add their own touch but I really expect that from Nintendo some time in the future.

I know I 'm asking too much, but I'd definitely love to see some games like these:

1. Wario & Waluigi (aka Wario Bros): for the first time to see Waluigi as a playable character

2. Donkey Kong 3D: sequel to Donkey Kong 64, in a SM Galaxy gameplay with the return of the Kremlings

3. New Super Mario World: after NSMB Wii, it'd be totally cool to see a game like that

4. A new all-Yoshi game, with Birdo, Shy Guys etc

5. Luigi's Mansion 2

6. Funky Kong's own game where he'd surf, snowboard, hang out and just do funky and crazy things Cheesy

(I know it's off-topic, but damn I 'd love me some Killer Instinct 3 and Street Fighter 4 for the Wii!)

FunkyKong84 said:
I know I 'm asking too much, but I'd definitely love to see some games like these:

Wario & Waluigi (aka Wario Bros): for the first time to see Waluigi as a playable character

Donkey Kong 3D: sequel to Donkey Kong 64, in a SM Galaxy gameplay with the return of the Kremlings

New Super Mario World: after NSMB Wii, it'd be totally cool to see a game like that

A new all-Yoshi game, with Birdo, Shy Guys etc

Luigi's Mansion 2

Funky Kong's own game where he'd surf, snowboard, hang out and just do funky and crazy things Cheesy

(I know it's off-topic, but damn I 'd love me some Killer Instinct 3 and Street Fighter 4 for the Wii!)

1. Yes to the power of 10

2. Meh, it would be alright if Rare is developing it. I did enjoy DK64

3. I like New Super Mario World 4 player style, like in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

4. Yes, that's a great idea since we don't have a new Yoshi game in a while, but my idea stands (where Baby Luigi saves Yoshi and the others from...something)

5. HECK YES

6. Original. I like it. An unexpected star.

FunkyKong84 said:

Wario & Waluigi (aka Wario Bros): for the first time to see Waluigi as a playable character

Donkey Kong 3D: sequel to Donkey Kong 64, in a SM Galaxy gameplay with the return of the Kremlings

New Super Mario World: after NSMB Wii, it'd be totally cool to see a game like that

A new all-Yoshi game, with Birdo, Shy Guys etc

Luigi's Mansion 2

Funky Kong's own game where he'd surf, snowboard, hang out and just do funky and crazy things Cheesy

1.YES! YES! YES!
2.If Rare was doing it. If DKCR is good, than I'll expect Retro to do this.
3.Perfect! It would also be Daisy's 2nd Mainstream game, which I like.
4.BLOF's idea still seems superior, but that's only because I'm a Baby Luigi freak.
5.Again, YES! YES! YES!
6.Meh, I'd like a DKC game starring him, Kiddy Kong, and Baby DK better.
7.Yeah, that would be good (But yes, it is off-topic)

PS Yeah, I know I sound exactly like BLOF, but I'm not trying to.

i could see amario battle of the bands happennning, i would be rosalinaz superstarz or bowsers badmans

I can't see that happening in the next century. If it does, please inform the news guys of my suicide.

What about a Mario Real time strategy game where he commands toad gaurds to take over bowsers strongholds. I thought it would work better on the DS touchscreen or the 3ds touchscreen.

Parakarrygun88 said:
What about a Mario Real time strategy game where he commands toad gaurds to take over bowsers strongholds. I thought it would work better on the DS touchscreen or the 3ds touchscreen.

What, like Starcraft II?

I'm GETTING it for sure.

Well since you guys know what I'm getting at, I actually thought it would work muck better on the 3ds. Reasons, 3ds has a touchscreen for moving your troops(toads or koopas, depanding on which faction you play as). The upper screen could be used for cutscenes and whatever else. Then most of all, it would be in 3d.

You could switch off playing as bowser or Mario in an epic struggle to, oh gee, I don't know maybe save the princess for 900th time. But the aspect of switching between commanders is key, similar to Starcraft or, more nintendo-like Battalion wars.

Aren't Mario games aimed for all audiences already? So in that case, it means that Mario games are for adults as well.

Noodle said:
ONE compleatly adult mario game wont hurt will it?
What would it be about? Then princesses being hookers and the guys trying to - you know. Seriously, that would just kill the Mario series.

Noodle said:
ONE compleatly adult mario game wont hurt will it?

I'd say that it will heavily hurt the series. The Mario series is meant to be in the child-friendly department after all.

Back